Thread: New from Arizona page

scolmene is offline Junior Member

New from Arizona

Shop Now
    I've been lurking in this page for almost a year. I've started and stopped and started and stopped. I finally got my husband to read the Primal Blueprint and he's amazed at the results he's seeing. Now that he's on board it's easier for me to keep going.

I've finally join this group to help keep me motivated and for Q & A. I look forward to the me I will be in one year....

Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Um... About 85 - 90 %... Sometimes I have potatoes and such.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Only in my coffee or hot tea... I use half and half. I also make kefir but I don't know if that's considered dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes... I drink coffee with cream no sugar in the morning. And I'll have a hot tea from time to time with cream and sometimes with honey. But I noticed when I had the tea with honey, the next day I had the shakes a little.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I really want to be healthy, be trim, and gain some muscle definition. I don't want to be huge or a female body builder... I just want to feel good, and look good and be an active older adult. My motto has been.... "I'm going to be forty and FABULOUS!"...

Favorite exercise: I've not been exercising much since December. But I was doing that Body Pump which is a full body wieght workout you do in 45 - to an hour. I also loved Zumba. What I have been doing is walking all over campus (I work at a University) and use the stairs all the time. Sometimes I'll race against the clock to get to the top. I must look like an idiot... :-)

Favorite Primal food: Cobb Salad. Scrambled eggs with bacon on the side and a heaping serving of home made salsa with some sliced avocado.

Best part about being Primal: I'm feeling better and I'm not always hungry. I've lost between 4 - 5 pounds in about 2 weeks or so.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I crave a Diamond Ice. Which is shaved ice with sweetened condensed milk topped with fresh fruits such as pineapple, honey dew, cantaloupe, strawberries, watermelon and a scoop of green tea ice cream or sweet red bean paste. But I haven't caved in for one of those. LOL.... Other than the occasional Diamond ice craving... There isn't really anything I don't like about being primal. (Hopefully I'll stop craving this soon).

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard the forums are quite interesting and you can gather quite a lot of different techniques to go about your macros and micros.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Sounds like you two are off to a great start.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    I live in Phoenix! Work in Greenland though most of the year :-( of course it is 50F here now not 110! LOL But then it gets to -35F in the winter and not 70F like PHX. I started total primal back in Feb and have lost 25lbs and gained muscle...feel great at 53!

Stay the course!

Good luck!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I are in Buckeye. Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the Welcome.... I live in the East Valley. Gilbert area.

I'm feeling good. And still dropping pounds. :-) I'm rather excited and glad that I'm still going.

I'm not a fan of the extreme heat and stay indoors most of the time until it's dark. I love the Arizona "winters". LOL

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
    My wife and I are in Buckeye. Welcome to the board!
    Buckeye! Oh the good ol days. I lived in Buckeye from mid 74' to mid 76' Right off of 80, at the big curve coming into town from PHX (I-10 stopped at Tonopah, then just west of Buckeye back then). My Dad was the Minister at the Lutheran Church. I was finishing HS in 75 but that was up in Goodyear (Agua Fria!) where we had previously lived, so I road my 250 Suzuki along the canal dikes (fun) or drove my car every day. Wow..some crazy days back then.
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    We're literally about as far west as you can get in Buckeye, and still be in Buckeye. In fact until the town annexed the territory we live in, a few years ago we weren't.

It's grown a lot since you've been here. They put a bunch of houses in just before the bust, and the infrastructure to go with them. A lot of those houses are sitting empty now, but the new stores are great.

Grokarella is offline Member
    Welcome scolmene! I feel you on the heat these days - it is hard to enjoy the great outdoors when it is 100 degrees outside! And, I'm in Virginia so I can't imagine how awful it would be in Arizona.