Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man vs Grain - The entirely unmoving story of one guys quest for abs! page

RickyP is offline Junior Member

Man vs Grain - The entirely unmoving story of one guys quest for abs!

'sup guys!

First of all I'd like to say a big Hi! to anyone who reads this, it's going to be my diary in my ongoing quest to get more energy, get fit and get some decent abs!! I decided that I'll surely stick to this better if I can discuss it with like minded people as I go!

Really briefly, I'm 24, from the UK, I used to be pretty fit a few years ago (though not eating well) I did Taekwondo 3 times a week and had a ridiculous metabolism, since I had a bad accident and ended up breaking both legs among other things and I never really got the drive to get back into shape again after that.
    I'm not fat by any means, but I do have a very small amount of belly fat, no discernible abs or arm muscles etc! I leave a reasonably active lifestyle but don't eat well.

I'm a thin build, 6'4'' and 12st13pounds. (I'll sort pictures out soon)

My goals are to try and sort out my Yo Yo'ing energy and to finally get a bit of decent muscle on me, with some proper abs so I can look good naked!

My aim is to eat primally, do two strength workouts a week, 1-2 Spring workouts and I've set myself a 30 day challenge, from last monday .
    I'm hoping if I keep track on here, i'll feel obliged to keep it up!

Any feedback, help or advice greatly appreciate, thanks

Todays been a good day (primally at least) so far food wise:

Breakfast
    4 Egg Omlette with Cheese, 3 slices of Bacon
    45g Protein, 1g Carbs

Snack
    100g Chese
    29g Protein 0g Carbs
    Handful Nuts
    6g Protein 6g Carbs

Dinner
    Protein Shake
    40g Protein 12g Carbs

Tea
    Bigass Salad
    35g Protein, 50g Carbs

Total 126g Protein, 71g Carbs

Going by the 1g of protein for 1lb of mass and guessing I probably need to lose a half stone, I need another 50g of protein!! Might have to add in a steak or something, normally I'd eat more than what I have today.

Today was also a workout day, and I did:
    2mins of Jumprope
    2x 40 Kettlebell swings 16Kg
    ` 2 sets of Pushups 15 reps, 10 reps
    2 sets Squats 41 reps, 30 reps
    2 sets of Bridge and hold 38s, 33s
    15 Crunches
    2x 3 pullups

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ricky. Hope Primal goes really great for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I was unmoved.

Good job.

Haha, cheers

The more that I read on these forums, the more confusing it gets, I thought you could get some decent muscle by following primal guidelines and then you read on the forums that you definitely need lots of carbs for that, and then someone else disputes that! TO MUCH INFORMATION ahah

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    How much muscle are you looking for? Is this enough?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Haha that would be good, unfortunately I'm not as good at spontaneously exercsing as mark, I need a routine or I'll only end up doing whatever I get through completing my day!

Voyageur is offline Senior Member

Welcome aboard Ricky, and good for you!

Yes, take plenty of pictures.

How much do you weigh?

I have found keeping a journal here very helpful.

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

As I understand there are supposed to be carb sources that are "primal" -- and at any rate there are carb sources that aren't grains (dairy, sweet potatoes, plantains, fruit). Also, you want to subtract fiber from your carb totals; cellulose is technically a carbohydrate but you're not digesting it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cheers guys
    I currently way 12stone 12pounds, normally I weigh 13 and a half (without looking fat) so I'm quite light right now!

Well yesterday I stayed pretty primal till the end of the day (more on that later)

Breakfast
    3 Egg Omlette, 4 Rashers Bacon
    Dinner
    Tomato Soup (Fresh)

And I had a load of brazil nuts throughout the day, didn't eat an awful lot that day, I wouldn't have had the soup but I feel really foggy headed and down and felt I needed some carbs, I got about 45g from that.

I failed to mention however that, going out is a big part of my life, and I have no intention of giving up alcohol haha, so while I didn't each much during the day, on the night I roughly (memories a bit hazy on it) consumed, 4 bottle of beer, 330cl of vodka, half a litre of mickey finns, a small bottle of brothers cider and maybe 2-3 redbull equivalents.
    I can't even begin to imagine how bad that is for fitness and health!
    So my diet during the week has got to make up for my weekend binge!

Today for breakfast I've had,
    2 Sausages, 2 Rashers of Bacon, 2 Eggs and a small handful of mushrooms

Oh for those interested, my hobby and job is sailing so it's reasonably active

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast