Thread: Ready, Set...Go? page

MrsDCJ is offline Junior Member

Ready, Set...Go?

Primal Fuel
    Hi.

I'm 43 and a chronic dieter. You name it, I've tried it. It's been over 20 years now since starting the yo-yo way of life. 2 years ago my PC told me I had diabetes (she's a most skilled manipulator) which scared me into losing 25# with a reduced carb diet (wonder why that worked ). I am a 1yr8mo breast cancer survivor with a husband and 2 young ones at home. Since the cancer crap I've gained back every ounce of the 25# lost the year prior. I do believe my diet/environment had everything to do with that phase of my life. Time to change!

I'm tired of failing (fear of succeeding maybe?) and really want to do this. However (I will not say 'but'), I'm struggling to start. I'm great following a prescribed plan (Nutri-System, Jenny Craig, Optifast) to get me started. I do have the support to keep me on track. Have I mentioned I'm a serious carb-aholic? Aren't we all?

I am committing to 1 month of PB living (baby steps) - starting August 1st.

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    The thing about carbohydrates the more you consume them the more you want them. It's a mental thing rather than a body thing.
    So my first advice would be to limit them under 50grams a day and see how much you crave them after a few days.
    If you are still craving more carbohydrates I would limit them down to 40grams a day and see how you fare.

I haven't tried every diet but the one I had the most success on wasn't a diet. It was a lifestyle the Primal Lifestyle.

MrsDCJ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Archer View Post
    I haven't tried every diet but the one I had the most success on wasn't a diet. It was a lifestyle the Primal Lifestyle.
    Understood, not a diet - love that it's a lifestyle shift; it's what works for the long haul. Thank you for the info on the carbs. Here's praying I can quiet the voices that scream "Ice Cream" and "Fritos" without losing my mind.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started with a one month commitment too .... and am now one week into month two. (that first month it went quickly!!)
    Welcome!!
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html