Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Iowa page

IowaCavalry is offline Junior Member

New from Iowa

Shop Now
    Hello, my name is Tony and I am committing myself to a primal lifestyle change starting today. I have followed Mark's Daily Apple for a few months now and have now decided its time to make a change.

A little about myself: I am a member of the Army as a cavalry scout, 20 years old, 165 pounds and 5 ft 10 inches. I am in reasonable shape but am not remarkable by any standards. I spent 5.5 years as a strict vegetarian but now eat everything once more. I have a fairly strong background in supplemental and dietary health as a bodybuilding consultant.

I am attracted to the idea of primal living as an opposing lifestyle for the one filled with sickness, fatigue and immobility. I hope that by participating in the forum here that it will help me stay motivated and also that I may bring some interest to my girlfriend of 3 years of the primal lifestyle.

I hope to very soon begin a log detailing specific fitness improvements utilizing the concepts of Primal living. Thank you!

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Awesome welcome aboard mate. Hope you find the Primal lifestyle to fit for you. It has definitely made a huge impact on my life in the short time I have journeyed primal so far. I am glad you recovered from being a vegetarian, I would never limit myself to such harsh food choices. Here within the primal lifestyle we have a few things we avoid most of it being overly processed toxins, I am sure you know which ones I am referring to by now. Hopefully your girlfriend will make the switch as well. I tried to get my sister and mother on board but they simply don't want to do it.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Welcome IowaCavalary! I am originally from Nebraska...but went to school at Iowa State and wish I still lived in central Iowa... Beautiful and friendly people abound life there! I was vegetarian for about 4 years (mostly during college) but changed back to SAD and am now trying to be committed to Primal as it has changed my life so that I am no longer on blood pressure meds, etc - and that was just after 7 weeks. I got off the bandwagon for awhile, but I believe the forum is helping me be more conscious and be a more Primal eater...
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

I'm glad to be aboard! Friendly people must be a midwestern thing thankfully!

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Hello from another current Iowan (female and a lot older!).

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCavalry View Post
    I'm glad to be aboard! Friendly people must be a midwestern thing thankfully!
    Yes, it is...though it's not as friendly in Chicagometro as I'd like. Hmmpf. Big cities....blah.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Tony! I spent a few years in Iowa and the people were the nicest I've met anywhere.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm a student here at ISU. I'm glad to see that Primal is finally spreading to the Corn State of all places.

Ya I think that Iowa and the midwest as a whole could benefit quite heavily from a primal shift in priorities, we aren't really known for our health!

HannahJohn is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    hey Iowa man i wish you good luck for your new diet plan. Hope your pirmal diet plan will help you to get your goal what you wish for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast