Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 8

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I can do lunges. Almost put lunches lol. Do you have to have a bar to do deadlifts?
    No you can do deadlifts with dumbbells, kettlebells, sandbags. Also you can do single leg deadlifts w/o anything; they're quite challenging. Do all varieties of lunges: walking, reverse, static, Bulgarian split squats.
    Hth!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Fucking hate lunges. Especially walking lunges. I feel like I'm going to fall over.
    Georgette

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I agree about the body fat percentage. However, heavy lifting can help you increase your lean muscle mass which will increase your metabolic rate. Increasing your metabolic rate will help with burning body fat.
    Yes I agree. However, many women are eating to diet/loose fat. The chances of increasing lean muscle mass when dieting are minimal to none(unless you are on highly structured cyclical diet or are a newbie).

Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Yes I agree. However, many women are eating to diet/loose fat. The chances of increasing lean muscle mass when dieting are minimal to none(unless you are on highly structured cyclical diet or are a newbie).
    That's BS. You can can increase lean muscle mass while losing fat. The best way to lose fat is to lift weights on top of a lifestyle change. People who say diet, well they only look at the short term and not the entire picture. Drop the word "diet" from your vocabulary. Whatever you do has to be a lifestyle change.
    Georgette

NDF
    That's BS. You can can increase lean muscle mass while losing fat. The best way to lose fat is to lift weights on top of a lifestyle change. People who say diet, well they only look at the short term and not the entire picture. Drop the word "diet" from your vocabulary. Whatever you do has to be a lifestyle change.
    I did say you can increase lean muscle while losing fat. I just happened to stipulate that it can't be done if you are continuously eating at a deficit.
    (please not I meant diet in terms of consciously eating less, not in the sense of what you eat. I agree that whatever you have to do has to be lifestyle change. That has little to do with my point)

Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    I did say you can increase lean muscle while losing fat. I just happened to stipulate that it can't be done if you are continuously eating at a deficit.
    (please not I meant diet in terms of consciously eating less, not in the sense of what you eat. I agree that whatever you have to do has to be lifestyle change. That has little to do with my point)

I did gain muscle eating barely anything under CW. Show me research that shows differ.
    Georgette

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What kind of exercises do you do to help inner & outer thighs? I already do squats and while they're great for quads, Idk what to do for inner/outer.
    I do kettlebell pass in a lunge and side lunge with KB. I am also starting to explore TRX options. Overall though, I feel stabilizers work hard enough when running, cycling and skating to train them too much. It's Squats and deadlifts with as much as I can squat and pull that I put my trust in.

I am trying to do IF diet, and just starting to include post-workout carbs. I am hoping for muscule mass increase, rather than infinitum weight loss.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Good news!~ I had a blonde moment and completely misread/misunderstood how much classes are at the Barre3 studio. I thought it was $380 a month(!). Instead, it's actually $130 for an unlimited number of classes per month, which is within my means. I start this week and will be sure to take before photos.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    What kind of exercises do you do to help inner & outer thighs? I already do squats and while they're great for quads, Idk what to do for inner/outer.
    Georgette, check out the Bar Method stuff we've been talking about (I mentioned that you can get the dvd's from Netflix to try). The isometric work does wonders for the inner and outer thighs and saddlebags. It also seems to work for ladies who other forms of exercise don't work for.

NDF
    I did gain muscle eating barely anything under CW. Show me research that shows differ.
    I'm not looking to start a debate with you but please go back and look at what I said: The chances of increasing lean muscle mass when dieting are minimal to none(unless you are on highly structured cyclical diet or are a newbie).
    I didn't say it was impossible. I just specified the conditions under which it sometimes occurs. Generally speaking, you can not gain lean muscle while you are straight up dieting. I'm not talking about your specific situation. You gained mass while "eating barely anything" - congrats! Consider yourself one of the lucky few who can manage this - and I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast