Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 6

croí is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Get the surgery Dr. House had.

you mean where he dug into his leg by himself to get a tumor out!?!?!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Back to the Bar Method:
    I saw my physical therapist and chiropractor this morning and asked them about this. It turns out they BOTH go to Barre 3 here in Vancouver and think it's a fantastic idea for my awful posture. My PT hooked me up with a free first class! I told her I wouldn't be able to go to class regularly, although that is my preference, because it's so expensive and I have $$$ medical expenses still. She thinks it's important to go to the first class to make sure my form is correct (and I agree), but then she said the DVD would be fine.

So, if you're like me and are really in need of some posture work, both a physical therapist and a chiropractor think the Bar Method would be great for that.

/threadjack
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Back to the Bar Method:
    I saw my physical therapist and chiropractor this morning and asked them about this. It turns out they BOTH go to Barre 3 here in Vancouver and think it's a fantastic idea for my awful posture. My PT hooked me up with a free first class! I told her I wouldn't be able to go to class regularly, although that is my preference, because it's so expensive and I have $$$ medical expenses still. She thinks it's important to go to the first class to make sure my form is correct (and I agree), but then she said the DVD would be fine.

So, if you're like me and are really in need of some posture work, both a physical therapist and a chiropractor think the Bar Method would be great for that.

/threadjack
    Awesome to hear! I just ordered a Bar Method DVD

Which one did you get, NDF?

hazyjane: any particular DVD recommendations, or ones to steer clear of?

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Hazyjane, what is this lepton/hormone thing you are talking about? Details please?
    Leptin is the master hormone secreted by the hypothalamus and it's the hormone that allows us to release fat from our fat cells. Many people have some degree of leptin resistance- esp. if they can't seem to lose weight, no matter what. Leptin controls all downstream hormones, including insulin, cortisol, thyroid and sex hormones (which I'm trying to improve).

Here's the actual guidelines (and I suggest reading Dr. Kruse's other blog articles, too- they're great!)
    Here's the giant leptin thread here at MDA:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345.html
    Last edited by hazyjane; 08-01-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Which one did you get, NDF?

hazyjane: any particular DVD recommendations, or ones to steer clear of?
    I've been alternating between the two that Netflix has (I burned copies- shhhhh!), which are Fat-Free and Designer Sculpting. These are both great for beginners and Designer Sculpting is a little harder. I'd like to get one of the new ones- I know that Dancer's Body is supposedly as hard as an actual Bar class and Accelerated Workout is more advanced than the two I have. I'm waiting a little to work up because you end up super sore when you overdo Bar (sore in odd places like the outer corners of your butt, lol!)

Looks like they discontinued the DVD's I have (maybe they replaced them with newer ones?): Bar Method Exercise DVDs and Accessories
    Their prices are a lot better than Amazon's!

Back to the Bar Method:

/threadjack
    That's so great! It really can help lower back/posture problems, big-time, as long as your form is correct.
    You might check into any intro deals they have. I'm def. signing up for the one month intro deal when Bar Nashville opens and then I'll just continue with dvds from there.
    Last edited by hazyjane; 08-01-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks for all the info. I noticed that the prices at barmethod.com are quite a bit cheaper than Amazon, even factoring in shipping costs. I've narrowed it down to the ones that Burr (the woman with the short blonde hair in the first video linked here) teaches. The other teachers I've looked at are annoying me already, but I find Burr to be pleasant and she seems good to learn from.

I also saw a short clip on YouTube where Ricki Lake says the Bar Method has completely transformed her body and she says she lost a size in just three weeks.

Burr is such a pleasant teacher. I like her.
    Apparently, Bar Method and a low carb diet is what has helped Kelly Osbourne to stay trim (and get a lot trimmer, actually) after Dancing With The Stars. I was sort of shocked at how good she looks lately!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, really! I knew that her dance partner from the show, Louie, was the one who taught her all about low carb (and apparently several of the dancers on the show eat this way), but I didn't know about her and Bar Method. She is adorable.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast