Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 35

Alex Who_else is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gorgeous poste, Annlee. Greetinx from Austria
    xx
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    Perimenopause (where things are changing but the cycles have not ceased) lasted in me over several years - partly because (I think) I was still not only eating SAD, but lots of "healthy whole grains." I have gone through enormous changes (careers, incomes, job roles/responsibilities) in the same years since the whole change began, so I can't honestly say menopause is responsible for anything in particular. But I don't miss the cycles .

What I can firmly say is I feel better than I ever have - seriously, I turned 62 yesterday and I FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE MY ENTIRE LIFE!! I am steadier, and the body recomposition is proceeding slowly, including on my saddlebag thighs, even without exercise ... and doing better, of course, with some exercise. For me, nutritional ketosis (NK) is the key. Obviously, we've established it isn't the key for everyone, but I suspect everyone has a diet/lifestyle that is the key for them ... the hard part is finding it (and realizing the difference when you slip, and coming back "home").

Hang in there, everyone - it is NEVER too late to improve. My Dad's still ticking along at 102 - so I am confident I have another 40 years at least to keep getting better. You can, too.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    This is random... but as I was measuring myself as a kick off for Whole 30, I noticed that my waist had gotten larger (holiday glutton), but my thighs were down 1.5" each. The whole time I have been primal I have lost fat everywhere but my thighs. This came as a surprise.

The only change since my last measurement was starting a cross fit like fitness class. It is more like Tabata drills, some heavy exercises, a lot of explosive movements and while there is heavy weights, it's not Olympic like "max" weights. A lot of lunges, squats, jumps and really intense cardio. It basically runs in intervals. Very intense and it gets itself over with quickly. I do it 3 times a week. Wonder if that is getting some of this limb based fat moving. Would be awesome if it was!

That said, in the spirit of loving my body, big thighs are fine, but mine are pretty disproportionate and make pants shopping a real challenge!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    My thighs have gotten bigger, but definitely curvier after deadlifts and squats. My jeans are slightly tight around the thighs, slightly loose around the waist.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    It's cruel joke time. I lost 3lb on Wednesday. Measured to find out where. It's all from my arms. :/ So now I'm even more disproportionate. Oh well, I'm laughing, b/c I'm just glad the scale is moving again! All in due time!

I need to change my goal weight, since I just made it up the first time, just putting something down that I knew there was at least a tiny chance I could ever reach!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I have the opposite problem. I really want my thighs to be bigger. I can do thousands of heavy squats and the only thing that gets bigger is my butt (which I don't mind, either). If there were such a thing as hamstring implants, I'd consider them.

I do find that my thighs shrink even more when I do a lot of slow cardio, like walking, jogging, and biking.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    My thighs have gotten bigger, but definitely curvier after deadlifts and squats. My jeans are slightly tight around the thighs, slightly loose around the waist.
    I have this problem too, and to top it all off I'm 6 ft tall. Buying pants is a pain. This is the only place I can find jeans that are long enough and fit in the thighs AND the waist.

PZI Jeans

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have the opposite problem. I really want my thighs to be bigger. I can do thousands of heavy squats and the only thing that gets bigger is my butt (which I don't mind, either). If there were such a thing as hamstring implants, I'd consider them.
    You might want to let go of squats, and try doing massive deadlifts instead after someone checked your form. That will pump up the hamstring after a while.

Nothing good to report here, swam and walked during vacations, it was fun, then came back and ballooned up another 4 lbs in 2 days (129 lbs on Sunday morning, 132.7 lbs this morning) - probably a reaction to some improper foods consummed, and activity drop from swimming& walking in Cuba to no cardio but walking (as of yet). Just 17 lbs to go to get back to the pre-loss weight of 150 lbs, the total gain is 11 lbs from the end of October when I stopped counting calories & started to aim to eat with appetite & reintroduced fruit into the diet. I want to emphasize that I don't even want to lose fat any more, I just want to stop gaining.
    Last edited by Leida; 01-08-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I want to emphasize that I don't even want to lose fat any more, I just want to stop gaining.
    Has any of that become muscle? Did you measure it?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yes, measured, and no, most all of it is fat. My clothes barely fit, I have a big belly (slightly tightened up during Cuba vacations, but falling out again now) and WW scale only shows 1 or 2 lbs increase in muscle mass (~ 100-101 lbs LBM @122 lbs; 103 lbs of LBM @ 129 lbs). I assure you, I won't worry if it was bulging deltoids and quads, not gut and saddlebags.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    the total gain is 11 lbs from the end of October when I stopped counting calories & started to aim to eat with appetite & reintroduced fruit into the diet.
    It sounds like you have an answer. I know if I went back to eating fruit, especially this time of year, especially in large quantities, I'd start gaining like crazy again, too. I don't yet know *why* I have such a poor carb (especially grain, sugar, & fruit) tolerance, but I do, and I have to live with it until I resolve it.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast