Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 3

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I lose weight in this order ... fingers, thighs, boobs, neck, back, stomach. My fingers are ripped!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

springnr is offline Senior Member
    I'm new to nutrition, about four months primal. Steady reading and sifting through information though.

hormone?
    Interesting tidbit I came across a while back, was that abdominal fat is related more to insulin resistance and thigh fat is tied to estrogen.

Estrogen plays a part in shaping the female figure.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by springnr View Post
    I'm new to nutrition, about four months primal. Steady reading and sifting through information though.

hormone?
    Interesting tidbit I came across a while back, was that abdominal fat is related more to insulin resistance and thigh fat is tied to estrogen.

Interesting. My belly fat is going away little by litte. I will have to look into this.

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    I lose weight in this order.
    Legs, arms, neck, back, stomach.
    I am wanting to go from 17 to 14 percent body fat or hell even 12 without losing too much more scale weight. 10 pounds would be plenty for me.
    Though if my body continues to lose weight the way it is losing weight I will need to go back up to 180 with proper diet and then cut back down to 14 to 12 percent.

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    I have lost about 30 pounds in 3 months. I think it went Belly, face/neck, arms, and a little in my legs. I have a bit of extra loose skin in my arms and legs, I have no idea what to do about it. I still have big thighs and about 40 pounds to lose too. I swear its almost all in my thighs.

WHERE'S THE THIGHMASTER FROM THE 80'S AT?
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by springnr View Post

hormone?

Estrogen plays a role in shaping the female figure, but it has to do with the deposition of fat, not so much when it comes to burning it... As far as burning fat goes it is more strongly related to the alpha and beta receptors on the cells themselves.... that and your ability to mobilize the fatty acids to a part of the body that can use them once you break down the triglycerides.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    HeHe. Yea, I understand. I have to judge my pant size based on my thigh size. The waist in the pants are always too big that they bunch, but the thighs are always stretched out! Grrrrr
    The person who invented low wasteline for women in pants is a genius as far as I am concerned. The only cut I can wear.

The inches as the clothes desiners imagine them are totally unrepresentative of a woman's figure in my view. The waist vs thighs is really off, and don't start me on the designers' idea of a height of anyone who wears S. I mean, don't they seriously think that everyone who wears S is 5'2" and no taller? Stupid.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Thigh fat is harder to lose because of the type of fat receptors (alpha 2)- they're different than on other parts of the body. Those receptors don't easily let fat back out of the cells. People with stubborn belly fat have the same receptor issue, just in a different location.

One thing that I think would help would be to do isometric body weight barre-type exercises. They're intense and they work the quads and hamstrings very deeply and they tend to make the muscles very dense and compact, as opposed to big and expanded (yes, different types of conditioning really do produce a different shape to the muscle). Also, working the quads so intensely is good for overall fat burning, as it's the largest muscle in the body. They won't bulk with this kind of work as long as they're properly stretched.

I'm a huge fan of The Bar Method (I use the dvds). It has definitely changed my thighs (which are one of the last things to change). I still have more work to do, but they're getting slimmer and now have "angles" to them that they've never had and I have a definition line down the outside that I've never had before! My saddlebags have really shrunk, too (it's also done great things for my arms- they're looking really cut and no more batwings)
    Netflix has the dvds if you'd like to try them.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    hazyjane, if I haven't told you yet this week, you fucking rule. i keep coming back to MDA for people like you.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Awww *blush*! I feel like I'm on a never ending quest to find what works and so many things don't, so when I find something that actually does, I get really excited! My main issues are follow-through and patience. I guess I'm a magical thinker- always believing that there must be an answer out there SOMEWHERE!
    Belly fat is my biggest nemesis and I've had such little luck with it until recently, when I started correcting my low progesterone (with sublingual progesterone) and doing the Dr. Kruse leptin protocol (mainly for hormonal benefits). Holy cannoli! It's truly helping my love handles to shrink and I've gone down a belt notch in a few weeks without feeling like I was even trying. I feel like with Bar Method and the leptin/hormone thing, I have a shot at having my body finally look how I want it to for the first time in my adult life.

PS-I'll def. let everyone know if I manage to crack the elusive code to getting rid of cellulite I'm trying some things right now- I just have to stick with them!
    Last edited by hazyjane; 07-30-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast