Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 25

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I really don't want to cycle at the moment - I think that my attempts to cycle and manage the food intake vs exercise intake vs carb intake and trying to feast to reset ghrelin led to conditioning myself to binge on the weekends. I was always eating more on the weekends, and it just made matters worse. Basically, in the food world, I think I have to concentrate on eating as little as I can without starting to lose sleep & being able to make it through the workday easily & stopping to eat when full on the weekend.

I maybe relatively active, but activity in my case does not compensate for calories consumed.

I tend to do badly with an unlimited access to food. I really hate it that I am afraid of being at home because I will eat, and it is not healthy. So I need to somehow learn to be at home and NOT eat. I am starting to get over the VLC-inspired fear of carbs, so that should help (I can eat celery sticks, YAY!)
    Last edited by Leida; 12-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    OK Leida - I am just suggesting what I feel would work for you. Am glad that you are starting to get over the VLC-inspired fear of carbs. That sounds very positive.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am comparing to myself only a few months back when I was 118-120 lbs, and ~ 25" waist. I dunno, if my standards are too high, but atm I have a VERY protruding gut, like I am 5 months pg. I know a lot of it is the persistent bloat after last Sunday's eating, but what will be left is still far too much if I stick to high 120's. I have never measured leg length and stuff. I am 169 cm that comes to 5'6 and 1/2" tall, 37 yo and have 1 child.
    If you find yourself wanting to eat all the time, adding more protein (and fat, if you're not already having a good bit) in the morning can do amazing things. That, or your body is telling you it's starving for nutrients b/c of fat malabsorption or true starvation or sugar addiction. Lots of possibilities. I've been through most of them, lol.

But if you're 5'6" with a 27" waist & 21.5" thighs, sorry, you're not fat. You may have a high %BF if you're "skinny-fat" and maybe that could be causing the dissatisfaction. More protein & more LHT could help *if* that's the case and if you're not already doing it.

I find it very hard to imagine you're really getting into size 8+ at that size. My 23" thighs fit well into a lot of size 6's (modern vanity sizing, of course). 4's are around the corner if they drop a bit more. I'm 5'4" & 140. But pants vary from maker to maker & country to country. I wouldn't get hung up on a number, but look for strength, muscle tone, feeling healthy, and being able to do what you want to do. I know that's easier said that done, too!

Bloating is very, very different from fat, and will not go away with eating less. I've been battling that battle for several years now. I will go from flat stomach to looking 6mo pregnant and then back again in a day or so. It's crazy-making. But it's getting better as I'm healing my gut. If you looked perfectly fit & strong but had a bloated belly, the only thing to work on would be gut health, not calorie restriction. Your body needs the right fuel, and plenty of it, to correct bacterial dysbiosis & restore proper gut lining function.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I'm aware of Leida's calorie intake as journalled, and I would say it's not unusually low as far as this forum goes.
    You don't think below 1000 calories for days on end is too low? I think that constitutes starvation.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    In this case, with Leida -- yes, I think there is some eating disordered behavior here. Seems to me at least.

I think people consider me low cal because I'm at 1500-1700 -- but I'm not as active right now as I was a year ago this time, and the IF seems to have changed the caloric intake a bit. Still, i might jump up 100-200 cals/day when I am active again like last year, fasting or no.

But, this seems to be working well, so I'll stick with it.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    If you find yourself wanting to eat all the time, adding more protein (and fat, if you're not already having a good bit) in the morning can do amazing things. That, or your body is telling you it's starving for nutrients b/c of fat malabsorption or true starvation or sugar addiction. Lots of possibilities. I
    To use your quote on the starving for nutrients, for Leida, do you take vitamins/supplements? Eat nutrient dense foods like eggs, bone broth, liver, potatoes, green leafy? Malnourishment can cause weight gain. Also, when you are watching the carbs, I have been reading that you dont need to count the ones in the veggies since veggies provide only enough glucose for their own digestion. So eat your celery and other veggies to your hearts desire w/o fear If you are worried about other stuff in the house, get it out of the house
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-12-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

My nutritional profile is very close to perfect, I supplement, and I have been lifting heavy for over 3 years. My upper body is pretty good, lower body is crap and now I gained weight I have the gut to show for it. I do everything by the book even when it hurts me, just don't really get much in return. Basically I gave up for now, and going just eat what I feel like (which means fruit!), and grow fat, and try to accept that I am just made like that. heck, maybe it's the 'change' coming up, who knows. I like kettlebells and barbells, and all that so I am sticking to it. But foods... nah. If i feel like an apple with breakfast, I will eat an apple with breakfast. Eating 3 eggs and 1/2 cup of egg white and 1 tbsp of coconut oil did not fix anything for me, so might as well have apple and yogurt, i figure.

Of course, i tried it a few times before, and it never worked out too, lol.

//
    Yesterday: actually the DLs and OHP and swings gave me interesting DOMs in unusual places, so maybe I did not underlift. Added 20 min of not quite HIT on the elliptical + steam room
    Today: Strength balancing workout + 15 min front kroll. TGU were brutal even with 8 lbs.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-12-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You don't think below 1000 calories for days on end is too low? I think that constitutes starvation.
    That's not what I read Leida reporting. I got the impression she was averaging around 1500-1700 calories a day while being very active.

I would certainly agree that 1000 calories a day chronically is way too low for someone of Leida's height and weight.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    That's not what I read Leida reporting. I got the impression she was averaging around 1500-1700 calories a day while being very active.

I would certainly agree that 1000 calories a day chronically is way too low for someone of Leida's height and weight.

I managed maybe 3 or 4 days that were under 1000 calories (with the lowest being maybe 800 calories) when I was doing UD2.0. Once I managed 36 hours fast. But it was a part of a staggered calories plan that in the end averaged calories to 1300-1500. Normally, I am over 1500, closer to 1700, and on the weekends I most often zero in or crest 2000 calories. So, nope, I do not eat under 1000 calories, as much as I would love to be one of them posters saying that I am so stuffed I can barely eat 1000 calories a day. Lol.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast