Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 24

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I did not really overtrain. It is hard to overtrain. I think it was on the money for the effort. It's just the bloody overeating on Sundays, the infamous Sunday night blues. Stoopid.

35 min front kroll yesterday, no problems, but I have to watch shoulders.

Did my first max/failure workout for Deadlifts and OHP. Was very disappointed with the Deadlift. The dynamic stretch is inadequate for me to lift max even to my knees off the bat. I warmed up with 3 lifts on 135 lbs, but still could not shift max. Had to settle for dorky 155 lbs. Did 115 lbs to failure, too light imo.

In the good news, I finally PP'd 75 lbs, so OHP was good, as well as wings/snatches.

Tomorrow I have a late meeting at work, so I will have a luxury of being in the gym till like 7 am, so I am going to do both a strength balancing workout (full this time!) and a quick swim (as much as time allows me). Plus, it's extra 40 or so minutes standing to the daily balance, maybe as much as 2 hours (there and back on the bus, lol)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i lied. they are 21.5" my ankle bones knock together too lol i lose my boobs before i lose the thighs so they must be there for a reason.
    LOL. Mine are getting close to 23" and I'm having a total party. After several years at 25+, I'm ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    My thighs are 21.5", with 35"-36" hip-thighs right now. Honestly, my waist is the worst atm, expanding to the 27-28" range (eww). I dislike being so fat
    ITA with the previously mentioned attitude that we're free to aim for fitness and attractiveness, but I have to wonder if your standard is unreasonably low? Back when I was 120lb and the fittest I've ever been, with 12%BF, my thighs were still bigger than that (which is why my BF was so low - they don't measure where I carry my fat), and my waist was between 27 & 28" and I looked great. Period.

To each her own ... just be sure you're not overly critical of yourself. It's certainly a little hurtful to me, since I'm struggling to get back down to a 31" waist after so many years of uncontrollable bloating and gall bladder distension, to see 27" described as "so fat" - but you're hardly responsible for my feelings of contentment.

BTW, a LOT of waist measurement depends on torso length. I don't known what yours is, but my torso is very short (meaning I have long legs for my height). There is less than 1/2" between my ribs & top of hip bones. Usually only those with 4" or more space can have very small waists, and it's simply because there is a lot of space to stuff their innards into. Usually those are quite tall women, but not always.

I'm still sticking around here, though, b/c I do think my thigh fat is disproportionate and a sign of hormonal imbalance, and I'm hoping to see an answer one day.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    It's certainly a little hurtful to me, since I'm struggling to get back down to a 31" waist after so many years of uncontrollable bloating and gall bladder distension, to see 27" described as "so fat" - but you're hardly responsible for my feelings of contentment.
    this was the reason i posted my height and leg length when i put how much my thighs were as it is all relative. I was going to try upping my fish oil along with all the leg pressing and lunging to see what happened as i have read eating more omega 3s helps. but then xmas is looming and i need the money for other things. i would say too that despite the theory we cant spot reduce, all my fat is on the parts of my body i dont move that much. like the lower part of my abdomen and to a certain extent my inner thighs altho i have been making special efforts to concentrate on how they are working and focus on them up hills when i walk for the last week or so. i did once btw, and this it totally anecdotal and i was much younger then, go thru a phase of doing incredibly high reps of hamstring curls with a lowish but not too light weight. 120 reps sorta range. and i did lose an inch off my thighs in a week.

To each her own ... just be sure you're not overly critical of yourself. It's certainly a little hurtful to me, since I'm struggling to get back down to a 31" waist after so many years of uncontrollable bloating and gall bladder distension, to see 27" described as "so fat" - but you're hardly responsible for my feelings of contentment.
    I am comparing to myself only a few months back when I was 118-120 lbs, and ~ 25" waist. I dunno, if my standards are too high, but atm I have a VERY protruding gut, like I am 5 months pg. I know a lot of it is the persistent bloat after last Sunday's eating, but what will be left is still far too much if I stick to high 120's. I have never measured leg length and stuff. I am 169 cm that comes to 5'6 and 1/2" tall, 37 yo and have 1 child.

I dunno, I just feel I look squat right now, but I truly love my shoulders and ankles. I know that I feel better (perform better, sleep better) but imo I look much worth than at 118 lbs. And I thought I was heavier than I should be at 118 lbs. So, i am divided. Love what my body can do, don't like the gut and the saddlebags on the outer thigh and really do not want to switch to Sz 8-Sz 12s, I threw them all out, and Sz4-6 starting to get too tight.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    curtsey lunges are supposed to work on the saddlebags on the outer thigh. i dont really have any saddlebags anymore and i do them with 2 x 21kg weights. one in each hand. 20 reps either side. i drop the weights from trying to hold them that long before my legs give out. or i do 2 minute blocks of curtsey lunges with 6kg weights in either hand as i dont have any heavier dumbells at home. i have been planning to try them holding a 5kg and 6kg in each hand to make a total of 11kg per hand at some stage but it will be a bit of a juggling act with the manual dexterity bit.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    In addition to Mama-Grok's comments, we should bear in mind that gaining muscle in the abdominal area (which is a very positive primal thing) does increase waist circumference. I experienced my waist measurement increasing while my weight was falling. If I recall correctly I lost about 10 lbs while gaining an inch on my waist, because I was doing a lot of exercise that built my abs.

And yes - bloating for whatever reason unrelated to body fat can easily add an inch or too. Sometimes the tape measure can lie just as much as the scales do!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Dupe post.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Leida is too hard on herself. She also starves herself. Check out the calories in her journal sometime.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

I started eating more and gained 10 lbs in 5 or so months. So, i guess, I was eating normal amounts of food for me and I am overeating now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm aware of Leida's calorie intake as journalled, and I would say it's not unusually low as far as this forum goes. I see a lot of people here utilising low carb essentially for low-cal dieting.

I believe that Leida would benefit from focusing on cycling calories out while keeping calories in fairly stable. I say this because she is a fit active woman of child-bearing age.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast