Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 23

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have 22" thighs and I'm damn proud of them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i think the diameter of the thighs is relative to the length of your leg too in terms of how it looks widthwise. i am getting to be proud of the muscles on mine. it has been quite liberating realising i am never gonna look like a female Arnie, even if i have the odd moment of freaking about getting too big quads.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Unhappy with your thighs ladies --- get a grip. Either exercise and change your eating habits OR go visit a hospital ward where children with cancer have had their legs removed --- or how about a hospital with our war vets -- who walked over a landmine.

I mean seriously --- 22" -- 21" --- 18" ---- whatever. I mean, is this really a dialogue that we are having -- size of your thighs?

As my grandfather used to say: "So long as both your feet touch the ground, I think you are doing okay" -- love my grandfather -- captain of a UK Battleship and saw some horrific business in his time. Let's keep it real here.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. That's the dialogue we are having. About what exactly to eat and how exactly to exercise to improve the lower body appearance. It might not be the world's peace, but I am personally interested in other women's experiences and feelings.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Unhappy with your thighs ladies --- get a grip. Either exercise and change your eating habits OR go visit a hospital ward where children with cancer have had their legs removed --- or how about a hospital with our war vets -- who walked over a landmine.

I mean seriously --- 22" -- 21" --- 18" ---- whatever. I mean, is this really a dialogue that we are having -- size of your thighs?

As my grandfather used to say: "So long as both your feet touch the ground, I think you are doing okay" -- love my grandfather -- captain of a UK Battleship and saw some horrific business in his time. Let's keep it real here.
    I mean seriously! WTH kind of attitude is that? Give me a break.

Personally I too am following this thread in the health and fitness section of this forum, because I too look to improve that particular area of my body. Got a problem with that? Geez!!!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I agree that Louisa's shaming is completely uncalled for.

Not only is this an acceptable topic for this forum, it's an acceptable topic. Period.

It is ok for people to try to make themselves in their own image. It is also acceptable for them to say that 'this is how I am, and I've learned to be ok with it, too." And it is acceptable for us to discuss anything and everything in between.

It is not up to you to discern whether or not we are "grateful for what we have" or whether or not what we choose to discuss is "worthy" of discussion. It is not up to you to attempt to shame us from talking about these things because there is suffering in the world that is incomparable to my own (and possibly our own) life experience.

If you truly feel this way, why are YOU here? What do YOU discuss and why is THAT more worthy than comparing to suffering children? Why is your concern about your health, your appearance, your options all A-OK but ours are not?

Ridiculous!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Some of us also talk about our 24", or 22", or 18", or whatever as a way of embracing and normalizing what we have. I shared my thigh measurement as part of my statement that my thighs are not small and that they are still beautiful and worth loving anyhow.

The world is full of tragedies, and many of us care very deeply about them, but I understand why in a culture that is so focussed on women's bodies and appearance that women will struggle with whether they are normal, whether their bodies are acceptable to expose in public, and whether they can ever meet a beauty standard that's manufactured in many cases through extreme dieting methods and airbrushing.

It's a fine balance, loving yourself and still wanting to be the best version of yourself (physically and otherwise).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    true indeed.

honestly, my mind was completely turned around when I saw vintage (from the 60s 70s) playboys. It was the time before airbrushing, before plastic surgery, and before the highly processed hair and a lot of make up became popular. They just looked like lovely, normal girls. my husband was like "why aren't there pictures like this anymore?"

also, watching older movies from the same era -- the time before botox. People had lines on their faces, and were still attractive. It was great.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My thighs are 21.5", with 35"-36" hip-thighs right now. Honestly, my waist is the worst atm, expanding to the 27-28" range (eww). I dislike being so fat, but seem unable to check the down-slide towards the over-weight. Argh.

I did my first near max set (2-3 reps) then 7 reps to failure on Saturday (with SQT and BBR). I am not sure if it worked wonders, but I had a nap that Saturday, then slept for 12 hours during the night. I normally sleep <7 hours a night.

But after I overslept, it went downhill - I missed the gym on Sunday (planned strength balancing workout) and ended up vegetating indoors all day and binging in the evening.

Today I plan to do WHEN (hopefully till tomorrow, actually, as my digestion sure needs a break) and then I will be catching up in the gym with the strength balancing workout + a swim. Swimming has been wonderful, I did pretty much effortless 30 min on Friday, front kroll. Need to add another 10 min to that, and then I can start working on flipping at the sides of the pool.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Leida i always find if i over train, i get tired and things mysteriously come up and i end up bunking off. it's almost like my body is trying to save me in some way. it is quite a balance to get right and i am always stuffing up. i also have found if i overtrain, i drink too much coffee so as i can get thru the rest of my life which leads me to get over stressed which leads me to eat more.

back on topic. i have started doing one legged leg press. reason being my right leg is a whole heap stronger than my left leg and i have been making inroads into correcting this. i have noticed that i use my adductors more leg pressing this way. i can feel them working far more than any other exercise i do at any rate. i am getting into lunges with much heavier weights as well. 18kgs at this stage. time will tell but i am going to keep track of measurements and see if it makes a diff.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast