Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 22

Freestyler is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    I think one of the best weight loss exercises for women to engage in is jogging. This exercise does not really require you to use a lot of energy.....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My husband's father's wife (it's complicated... he's been married a few times so she isn't exactly a 'step-mother') has lipedema... this is what it really looks like.
    Lipedema Overview and Etiology

It's very noticeable the difference in the way the legs are shaped. It's not just heavy thighs but excessively fatty calves and ankles as well.
    It also quite a contrast to her upper body which does not look like that at all, and is rather thin though it is soft.
    She has some real mobility issues due to the pain it causes her.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ketonkoerper is offline Junior Member
    I think what caused a lot of confusion about lipedema is that some of the "Stage 1" photos look like a lot of normal, healthy women who happen to store more fat on their butt. And it could explain why it's nearly impossible to lose weight in that area for some people.
    But looking at it from a different angle now I believe only few women really lipedema. Ah, self diagnosis and the internet. Not a good combination.
    @cori93437: I guess the pain is coming from the water retention and swelling?

Just by the way, I gained some weight back again. I added more carbs to my diet and the strangest thing happened. My hips got a little bit smaller (1 cm) while I put on weight on my upper body. It looks a lot more balanced now and people don't stare at me anymore

Has anyone of you ever heard that saddle bags could be caused by malposition? Not sure how it's called in English. It's like your spine isn't straight and your posture is imposed by that. When I stand really straight it looks so much better and I look so much slimer...
    5' 7'' - current weight: 117-119 pounds - starting weight: 132 pounds
    English is not not my native language, so if you find mistakes, please tell me. I'm always happy to learn

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Proper posture is the key to looking good. It's the only way to instantly and safely lose 5 lbs.

I pulled my shoulder as a mirror injury to the damn wrist - overeached again, so I will be rehabbing this week, light weights. After that my regimen will be lifting every 2nd or third day (to avoid the over-reaching), strength balancing exercises 2x a week, swimming to build up to 45 min front kroll (I am at 20 min now, goal is to swim 2x a week) and Zumba once a week. In addition, I will walk as usual, stand in the office and do as much play with my kid as I can, skating, sleighing, belaying her climbs.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I kinda actually want bigger thighs and a bigger butt now. I think it would look a lot more sexy than the straight up and down appearance I have now. Of course, you get what you get so it's not likely I'll get a sexier body no matter what I do, so I'll be content with being able to frighten men with what my thighs can accomplish. Oh how I look forward to that day.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Ha-ha. If that worked, we would have lived in the society of lithe elven maidens.

Okay, my shoulder is much improved, so I am kicking of my new programe.

Tuesday: Light lifting (tried to do failure squats with 95 lbs, but it was too light, this Saturday I will do 100 lbs after 2-3 reps on ~ 135-140 lbs; did weighed tilt with 22.5 lbs and shoulder blades on the bench, sidesteps with 17.5 lbs, and 75 lbs 5x5 of split-squats + myotic crunch and Torture Twists; still owe myself Cat Vomiting exerciser); 20 min elliptical HIT
    Wednesday: stupid crazy day so all I could fit in was ~ 30 min walking and 25 min front kroll (>1K) - My kroll is much improved with Ferris tips, so I am going to build it up to 40 min (about a week at this rate) and start working on the flips so the swim is continuous.
    Today's Plan: Strength Balancing workout from Ferris: kneeling chops and lifts, 1 legged deadlift, TGU with 8 lbs and maybe some rope jumping; plus Cat Vomiting and Planks/Push-ups
    Friday is swimming & Saturday I am starting the Max-out lift + 7 reps to failure, doing SQT and BBR + Myotic/TT

Weight is crappy so far this week, but I am psyching myself for potatoes only Saturday and if it goes well - Sunday as well.

Been trying to train my brain to vividly see things so I can apply the self-hypnotic technique to start abhorring fruit FOR GOOD. Fingers crossed!

Gosh, I really LOVE how I feel right now, but hate how I look. Grr. So conflicted. I am compromising by keeping myself more fed, but hoping to be able to push more intense fitness. I doubt it will take the 10 lbs of fat off, but I want to see if I can even further improve my shoulders & keep ignoring my gut and saddle-bags on the thighs.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-06-2012 at 06:54 AM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have always considered myself to have fat thighs. when i get to the stage where i can stand with my feet together and see daylight between my thighs, i am usually looking very unpleasantly scrawny everywhere else and they are definitely the last place to go on me. i have attempted to lift alot more heavy in the last 6 or so months and i walk heaps and now i have real good muscle definition. at certain angles i even have that muscle separation line on the side of my quads. my thighs are a smidgen under 22" diameter at the fattest part and i have an approx 32-33" inside leg and i am 5 ' 5". i still think they look big but they at least have shape and not much noticeable fat anymore. no cellulite due to the primal diet which i think makes a huge diff as well. so at this stage, i am chosing to live with them.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Lol. When I stand with my feet together, the only part of my legs that doesn't touch is my lower calves and ankles, and even my ankle bones knock together. Even when I had an eating disorder and was seriously underweight, my thighs touched. Some of that is where you carry body mass (both fat and muscle) and some of that is how your knees are jointed. If you are even a little knock-kneed (which many women are), your thighs are going to touch.

Really, 22" at the widest part sounds very normal to me, and if you have that sort of visible muscle, I'm pretty sure you don't have abnormally fat thighs.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i lied. they are 21.5" my ankle bones knock together too lol i lose my boobs before i lose the thighs so they must be there for a reason.

I have never measured thighs separately. Heh. Now I am curious. Yeah, I have a touch of muscle separation as well, if I flex the leg, and the most important thing for me is that my hamstring stands out now, particularly in tight pants.

Lifting though most improved my shoulders. I am very curious to see if my swimming will help with tightening up.

I have been neglecting both hot and cold exposure this week, not counting walking outdoors in a relatively cold temperature. Hopefully will have more time next week.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast