Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 18

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Skinny jeans suck. There should be a ban on skinny jeans. People who make skinny jeans should be thrown in jail. Skinny jeans are not for skinny people they are for weak people. Women who have legs that can actually accomplish things can't fit into skinny jeans. What they need are big thigh, realistic waist, no gap in the back jeans.

If you gain size in an hour it is probably water or swelling from inflammation.

Women need fat on the hips and thighs to provide the correct healthfulness to carry a baby to term and beyond. We are disposed to fat there and can't really do a lot about it. All you can do is get your whole body to a healthful weight and then try to be satisfied with what you've got. Strength training can help make it jiggle less and make you feel better about yourself. (Unless you take it to an extreme and try to do something nutty like obtain 15% body fat.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Ketonkoerper is offline Junior Member
    Now with all that hype about anorexic models and size zero I have a feeling the fashion industry has detached itself from the real world and is far away in some strange place where people actually look good in things as skinny jeans and those awful skirts that look like tulips. There are no clothes for "real" people. There was a time when I couldn't even find bootcut jeans, just those skinny jeans.

If it was from inflammation, why on the thighs? That seems weird. It always happens after standing up in the morning and gets worse through the day.

I've been doing strength training since february, but now I'm going to concentrate more on my thighs. I'm sure you're right, it made me feel much better about myself, but working on the legs is so exhausting...

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Is it just your thighs, or your whole legs? Google "lipodema".

Lipodema seems likely, I thought of that before, but I read somehwere that the water and fat are distributed symmetrical. My right thigh is slightly thicker than the left one, so I guess (hope) it's not lipodema. Also it's only on the side of the thighs.
    5' 7'' - current weight: 117-119 pounds - starting weight: 132 pounds
    English is not not my native language, so if you find mistakes, please tell me. I'm always happy to learn

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    If you're 5'7" and weigh 117 pounds, I'd like to see a picture of you, or at least post your measurements. That's a pretty low weight for that height.

I've always been rather thin, my usual weight for years were 123 pounds, even when I was eating loads of sweets and pasta. My measurements are 33-25-39. I measure myself with an empty stomach, in the morning, always the same pose. I measure my hips at the widest point. I understand that the weight is rather low, I'm just trying to lose the saddle bags.
    Last edited by Ketonkoerper; 11-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    5' 7'' - current weight: 117-119 pounds - starting weight: 132 pounds
    English is not not my native language, so if you find mistakes, please tell me. I'm always happy to learn

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Meh, women with thighs and calves can wear skinny jeans, you just need ones that are cut properly. I love mine. I think my muscular thighs and calves look fantastic in leggings and slim-cut jeans (even with the fact that I don't ever wear heels either), and I get loads of attention of the positive kind when I wear them.

I wear a bikini when I feel like it too. I'm no twig (5'8", 150 lbs, 20% fat) but why should I hide away? Maybe I'm not the hottest thing on legs, but I've decided that I am going to enjoy my body and my life and stop avoiding things because someone might cluck over my cellulite.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    5'7" and 117lbs? My thought is you have a bit of fat concentrated in one area and you fixate on it. That is so very slender. You have wider set hips from your measurements and that might accentuate or exaggerate what is really a very small frame.

I'm having a lot of trouble mustering up the sympathy all of the sudden. Probably because I am 4 inches shorter than you and weigh as much.

Squats and lunges and hip thrusters are again my advice.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow, you are thin, aren't you. I'm 4" shorter and have a good 16lbs on you.

And god yes, those shirts that look like poofy gunnysacks are hideous even on skinny people.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    NOT as a "targeted" fat burner for the thighs - but good for refining and shaping up the adductors and abductors - I like ice skaters (a plyometric exercise) - do 10 each side to start. Work your way up to 25 each side

Skater Plyos - YouTube

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast