Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 17

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by datto54 View Post
    ugh! thigh fat and belly fat! i am about to throw sprints into the mix because i have the rest of the stuff pretty much down. and sprints is the only thing im not yet doing, kept planning to but it did happen. well today is the day. ill keep it up for a few months along with everything else and see if we cant see an improvement.
    Do it! Sprints are your friend.

I still have fat thighs. I've given up. Grab a copy of the "What Not To Wear" books (the UK ones, not the lame US ripoff!) and dress accordingly. When it comes to appearance, it's not what you've got, it's how you hide it.

Ketonkoerper is offline Junior Member
    "Newly escaped from the concentration camp" - that is exactly what I got after last weekend. I couldn't really eat due to a lack of time and on Monday my upper body looked a bit frightening. But my thighs looked exactly the same. I'm new on this forum and I also have a lot of problems with my thighs.

I really don't understand how it's possible that the fat on the thighs won't ever go away. What would happen if I would starve myself? Would I die with the fat left there just like those obese rats in "Why we get fat and what to do about it"?

Also I found out that I "gain" about 0,8 inches around my thighs in the morning within an hour after standing up. Is that normal? Is it water retention? And has anyone made good experiences with quitting the pill? I never had saddle bags until I started taking the pill so I quit two months ago.

Sorry for all those questions, but this is really something that has troubled me a lot and I can't seem to find answers anywhere.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Ladies,
    There is a REASON why your body holds on to fat in your thigh region. This is the fat that is required for healthy fertility. It's the fat that signals to your pituitary that there isn't a famine and its safe to become pregnant. This fat nourishes a pregnancy and provides substance for breastfeeding. In fact, when breastfeeding, women often note this is the one time in their life that their thighs actually shrink.

Honour this beautiful shape! We are not men, are not meant to have bodyfat levels less than 17%. Nature designed us this way.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    Ladies,
    There is a REASON why your body holds on to fat in your thigh region. This is the fat that is required for healthy fertility. It's the fat that signals to your pituitary that there isn't a famine and its safe to become pregnant. This fat nourishes a pregnancy and provides substance for breastfeeding. In fact, when breastfeeding, women often note this is the one time in their life that their thighs actually shrink.

Honour this beautiful shape! We are not men, are not meant to have bodyfat levels less than 17%. Nature designed us this way.
    Truth. And coincidentally, those fat pockets we work so hard to hide and minimize are typically what men are lustfully staring at.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Of course there is a reason, but as always in life it's not all black and white. A certain amount of thigh fat is alright, even desirable. I mean every woman wants to have some curves. But then there comes a point when you feel like every single drop of fat in your body gets stored in your thighs and it just doesn't feel right anymore. I know how my body looked a few years ago, that's what I want. A well proportioned, healthy strong body. I don't want this riddled farce of a body, distorted by hormone imbalances to the point where I don't even know who this person is that's looking back from the mirror.

Believe me, when someone says that there's something not right, there might be a real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Truth. And coincidentally, those fat pockets we work so hard to hide and minimize are typically what men are lustfully staring at.
    Maybe to a certain degree. But if it gets out of proportion it isn't healthy or beautiful anymore.

Edit: I hope I'm not sounding unfriendly. This is not what I want. I know that healthy women need a certain amount of fat. I don't have any anorexic beauty ideals, all I want is to get back into that shape I had about six years ago. I even had a higher weight then. I'm perfectly aware of that and that's what makes it so incredibly frustrating.
    Last edited by Ketonkoerper; 11-18-2012 at 07:55 AM.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am contemplating pulling all stops and doing Ultimate Diet 2.0. It speaks to me, but I don't know if I can take the schedule, and eating pattern. I figure it will either mobilize the fat, or I will give up on ever slimming down my thighs without giving my upper body a 'newly escaped from the concentration camp' look. Thigh fat just doesn't want to move, what a joke.
    Ah, we live the same thigh story. Don't focus on slimming them down, concentrate of toning them up.

Squats. Hip thrusters. Lunges.

We (you included) are never going to have long, lean thighs. It just is the way it is. I also get so thin on top without budging the fat on the thighs and knees. I'm trying to be done with worrying about it, but it is a tough dream to let go of! Skinny jeans, bikinis and leggings with boots will never be my fashion trend. I do rock a pair of jeans when my thighs and butt are strong and toned though!

~Pam

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with everyone on this post -- us women have these amazing bodies --- we create human beings that we carry for 9 months; we give birth; we breastfeed and nurture for no less than 21 years per offspring -- We cook, we clean, we work, we exercise, we provide love to spouse, children, unhealthy parents. We contribute to our communities, we bake cupcakes for fundraisers, we lend an ear for a friend, and plan weddings for our children and their new spouses. I mean, think about it, ladies --- we are the mainstay of any community. So, although we may be unhappy about some of our bits and pieces, try to view yourselves as this really incredible woman who provides so much to so many.

And on another note, I would also like to add that learning how to dress for your 'body type' can be very useful. Focus on your good bits, and learn to play down the bits you are still working on. But don't forget to give yourselves a pat on your back, and be kind when speaking to yourselves. We are damn hot, on the outside and the inside. And most men would give their right legs to be with us -- and when they do finally have us --- they are definitely NOT focused on our little bits. :-) /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It's not so hard to look good in clothes. The trick is to look good in a bathing suit, and that's the thing I don't know how to muster.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I already bought books about how to dress. It really helps a lot of course (as for skinny jeans, even some models themselves say they look awful in those). And of course it is great what the body of a woman can do.

But coming back to my questions, doesn't anyone know maybe why it is possible to gain nearly one inch just within an hour? I mean to me it doesn't seem natural, but maybe that's just me. Is it water retention?

And has anyone made experiences with the pill influencing fat deposition on the hips and thighs?

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast