Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 16

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I will. I was curious about those routines, because I wanted to spice up my yoga/stretch quick afternoon blood-pumpers since I am just doing the normal to the floor push-ups now, walk out p-ups and the triceps push-ups. Time to see what else is fun. I'll see if the library has it.

But, fun-wise, the free weights are just so much fun. Plus, most people in the weightroom are pretty nice specimens of men-flesh doing pretty cool things, make the rest times go fast. Payback time for all those males going in the treadmill area!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    But, fun-wise, the free weights are just so much fun. Plus, most people in the weightroom are pretty nice specimens of men-flesh doing pretty cool things, make the rest times go fast. Payback time for all those males going in the treadmill area!
    HAHAHA! Too funny!

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    I love kettlebells. When I'm mixing up my routine, or the urge just hits me, I'll pick them up and knock-out a routine. I'm just happy that people get up and exercise and enjoy doing it Bodyweight exercises are great for anyone, but really help those who don't have the money/resources for a gym membership or equipment!

Oh, yeah, kettlebells rule! Fast and furious and wild! I call them my Valkyre routine, because I generally imagine that I am waving a flail about and then I jump on a rower to row home withj all the imaginary loot, or walk against the current in the Lazy River contraption in the pool. And then hit sauna. One of this days I need to do it with Wagner's opera in the background instead og Galaxy Hits Mix with modern pop the gym is playing. As a HIIT it beats the: "pedal for 30 seconds real hard; now pedal for 45 seconds in a relaxed way; now pedal.... what's on channel XY again?" routines into a pulp.

terrax is offline Member
    I didn't read every post, but steep hill sprints work best for me for tightening up my thighs and legs [and whole body for that matter]. I notice a difference when I slack off and skip my sprints for a couple weeks.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    These posts are all extremely encouraging! I'm starting CrossFit this month -- my on-ramp sessions begin in two weeks -- and I've got my fingers crossed that I'll finally see some real reduction on my thighs (outer and inner) and my bottom. (I'm also going to reduce my fruit and nuts to give the change in exercise a boost.) I've never used free weights, and the only time I've tried kettlebells was during the 30-minute CrossFit intro. I'm excited -- a little nervous for some stupid reason -- and I'm looking forward to finally getting strong.

Merry Death is offline Member
    Two words: Roller Derby. Try spending two hours skating around a rink in a squat position. It's like cardio + , by my estimation, approximately 235346 walking lunges and squats. It helps that our coach is a stickler for correct form. It's true that you can't spot reduce fat, but my legs and butt have never been quite this shapely in my life. Then again, I'm not after "elongated" thighs - I wanna look more like those girls on semi truck mud flaps. XD

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    Belly fat is my biggest nemesis and I've had such little luck with it until recently, when I started correcting my low progesterone (with sublingual progesterone) and doing the Dr. Kruse leptin protocol (mainly for hormonal benefits). Holy cannoli! It's truly helping my love handles to shrink and I've gone down a belt notch in a few weeks without feeling like I was even trying. I feel like with Bar Method and the leptin/hormone thing, I have a shot at having my body finally look how I want it to for the first time in my adult life.
    I need to try this. I am pre-menopausal and losing everywhere but the belly! WTF? Legs look fantastic and I have never really had thigh fat to lose, but this damn gut--UGH!!! After 6 months the waistbands are only slightly looser than they were before, but everything else seems to be shaping up which only makes my belly look bigger! I keeps thinking maybe the fat has dropped (I am noticing definition starting around my rib cage) and that's why my pants aren't fitting looser. I look normal from the front, but when I turn sideways--oh, it's horrible!

datto54 is offline Member
    ugh! thigh fat and belly fat! i am about to throw sprints into the mix because i have the rest of the stuff pretty much down. and sprints is the only thing im not yet doing, kept planning to but it did happen. well today is the day. ill keep it up for a few months along with everything else and see if we cant see an improvement.

I am contemplating pulling all stops and doing Ultimate Diet 2.0. It speaks to me, but I don't know if I can take the schedule, and eating pattern. I figure it will either mobilize the fat, or I will give up on ever slimming down my thighs without giving my upper body a 'newly escaped from the concentration camp' look. Thigh fat just doesn't want to move, what a joke.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-07-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast