Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 12

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welp, I just returned from my first Barre 3 class. Wow, just wow. This has the potential to completely transform my body if I stick with it. It's all body weight, tiny movements, and then stretching the muscles you just worked. Class moves quickly with zero rest. As one point, my left arm was shaking so much on the barre that I thought it was gonna come lose and take flight. One thing's for sure: I am going to have to stay at the top of my game nutritionwise just to simply have the strength to keep up with the others. I just had a delicious and big PWO meal, and I will now take a well-deserved nap. Thank you so much for the idea, hazyjane! I hope you can go to classes when a studio opens up in your town.

Here is video of the Barre 3 class and studio:
    http://animoto.com/play/TRAUBLG8gprb...tent=main_link

P.S. There was another first-timer there who had also broken her back, also sent there by her physical therapist. She fell from a ladder, I fell from a barn loft. What are the odds of that?! The teacher put us next to each other, and we both made it through and thought our backs felt really good afterwards.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I live in a very small rural area that is pretty much flat as hell. The middle of Ohio is not hilly at all.
    But wait, I thought it was ...

(high in the middle and round on the sides...)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

It's funny, the other day my husband was talking to me but I didn't hear anything he was saying, because I had just noticed how much thinner my thighs were looking since going Primal.

I try to strictly follow the primal diet (I'd say I'm more 90/10 than 80/20) and lots of walks with my dog. 45 minute walk/day + sprints 1 day a week + 1 day of strength training a week (need to increase this to 2!). My thighs fell off...they don't touch anymore.
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

yeah... wish that happened to me.
    I exercise a lot more than that, but I also eat a lot, so nothing "falls off."

Forgot to mention in my last post that my stomach is where my difficulty lies. Arms and legs got toned, but I need to do more planks/pushup for the core...damn genetics. Why can't it program the fat to go somewhere more flattering? *sigh*
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Welp, I just returned from my first Barre 3 class. Wow, just wow. This has the potential to completely transform my body if I stick with it. It's all body weight, tiny movements, and then stretching the muscles you just worked. Class moves quickly with zero rest. As one point, my left arm was shaking so much on the barre that I thought it was gonna come lose and take flight. One thing's for sure: I am going to have to stay at the top of my game nutritionwise just to simply have the strength to keep up with the others. I just had a delicious and big PWO meal, and I will now take a well-deserved nap. Thank you so much for the idea, hazyjane! I hope you can go to classes when a studio opens up in your town.

Here is video of the Barre 3 class and studio:
    http://animoto.com/play/TRAUBLG8gprb...tent=main_link

P.S. There was another first-timer there who had also broken her back, also sent there by her physical therapist. She fell from a ladder, I fell from a barn loft. What are the odds of that?! The teacher put us next to each other, and we both made it through and thought our backs felt really good afterwards.
    Thanks for your review! Isn't it neat? I've heard that to get the best results, doing it 3x or more/week is needed. It will get a little easier as you go on (though it never gets easy- my legs still shake at times!) Did you do "back dancing" (the butt lifts done while lying on your back)? I do that in my office to help the back strain I get from my crappy office chair

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    My god. I think the biggest reason that women don't get the results they want is because they make themselves believe that running after my 3 yr old, lifting groceries and Barre or yoga classes are exercise. Look at any of the women here that have had the best success and you will find someone who has hit the iron. Not iron that is coated in pink and baby blue polypropylene either. If you can do it more than 20 min it's not exercise (LHT!). It's called "play" if you like it and "work" if you don't.

@hazyjane: I've got the oddest body parts hurting today, such as the back of my armpits. Everytime I move and the back of my armpits hurt, I think of you. Oh, and don't anybody try to make me laugh. Ouch. We did not "back dance" in the foundations class. Maybe in another class we will.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    My god. I think the biggest reason that women don't get the results they want is because they make themselves believe that running after my 3 yr old, lifting groceries and Barre or yoga classes are exercise. Look at any of the women here that have had the best success and you will find someone who has hit the iron. Not iron that is coated in pink and baby blue polypropylene either. If you can do it more than 20 min it's not exercise (LHT!). It's called "play" if you like it and "work" if you don't.
    I think you're right, but clearly you've never done any type of Barre workout. It borders on HIIT, as I'm sure Tigerlily can now attest to. It def. fits the LHT category, as far as my burning, shaking thighs are concerned...

Right! I can't think of anything more LHT than my own body right now.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast