Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 11

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So now its more or less the inner thighs that seem to be an issue. Are plie' squats and deadlifts the best for that?
    I'd venture brass swimming style (maybe with fins, never tried that with fins!), bike or skating, squeezing a tennis ball type and the short bar on the inner thigh raise type excersises. Some way to hook the resistance band and abduct? Basically, try to remember any kind of activity that made the area sore and add as much resistance as you can to it. Sorry, not very helpful!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I'd venture brass swimming style (maybe with fins, never tried that with fins!), bike or skating, squeezing a tennis ball type and the short bar on the inner thigh raise type excersises. Some way to hook the resistance band and abduct? Basically, try to remember any kind of activity that made the area sore and add as much resistance as you can to it. Sorry, not very helpful!
    I do not belong to a gym. I workout at home. I don't own a bike and I can't skate for shit.
    Georgette

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Bodyweight squats and lunges and side lunges are my workouts for my lower body. The squat progression in PBF is hard & has worked well for me. I'm on pistol squats now!

To focus more on my inner quad muscles, I use 10 lb padded ankle weights and do inner thigh lifts, super-slow style.

Throw on a backpack with some weight in it & doing pliés super slow would be good, too.

Again, none of this will do anything specific with regard to excess body fat in that area.

I do not belong to a gym. I workout at home. I don't own a bike and I can't skate for shit.
    Resistance bands are fairily unexpensive and if you twist some, you could use backpacks stuffed with cans for resistance. Do you have decent hills or mountain trails? Going and running up and down hills and climbing mountain trails leaves no lower body muscule untouched!

Heh, I use ancle weights for micro-loading in the gym, very convenient, but used to do a lot of LB excersises with them back in my "I work out at home" times....

And, you might want to find a good rec. centre! Mine is golden, $50 for me, $35 for hubby, 5$ for my kid a month give us access to 2 level gym with everything under the sun, a decent swimming pool with a lazy river and steam room, climbing wall and 2 skating arenas. The best deal in town!

I live in a very small rural area that is pretty much flat as hell. The middle of Ohio is not hilly at all.
    Georgette

Do you have a place where you can safely climb (a wall, tree, playground)? Or jump on and off a stable, flat, non-slippery, raised surface, like a stable step or a bench? Other than that I can only think of digging dirt or snow....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nothing to climb. There are playgrounds but I still feel awkward if I go them. Its sort of that "I'm an adult and really shouldn't be on the equipment" theory.
    Georgette

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Do you have a place where you can safely climb (a wall, tree, playground)? Or jump on and off a stable, flat, non-slippery, raised surface, like a stable step or a bench? Other than that I can only think of digging dirt or snow....
    With climbing steps, doesn't this just work the top part of your leg? Usually when I do steps, I feel the burn on the top of the thigh not the sides where the fat usually lays. Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    With climbing steps, doesn't this just work the top part of your leg? Usually when I do steps, I feel the burn on the top of the thigh not the sides where the fat usually lays. Just curious
    Squat down when you're going up or down perhaps? I don't have any steps anywhere I go.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When you go down, it activates your hamstrings and stabilizers, same as when running downhill.

Actually, if it's flat, you could try running with hurdles if you need extra to sprints. Sprints though sounds like a natural to your terrain, and you are already doing it, so I think you are going to be seeing the inner thigh tighten up as you progress along. But, if you can get a cheap or free bike, why not? Though I don't like bikes. Which means I have to bike more often, because I obviously hitting something hard to do!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast