Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!? page 10

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well, I can and so can Georgette!

I honestly don't see why it is so hard to believe--though you don't need to!

If folks are getting their protein (100 gm = 400 calories) and some carbs (100 gm = 400 calories) and the rest of their energy is coming from body fat stores, then sufficient resistance work is all that's needed to retain the necessary protein to grow the muscle mass.
    I didn't say I didn't believe it or that it was impossible. I said that the chances of it happening are minimal to none. Please don't focus solely on the word "none". Please read what I said in it's entirety: that the chances are minimal to none.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I agree with NDF that the ladies who grow muscule relatively easy and can do so on the deficit, are among the luckier ones. I think the only time teh scale showed me a noticeable increase in the muscule mass was when I was gaining weight. I think I might be starting to grow a bit more right now, but it is a hard work. I will be very happy the day I can see that real deltoid bump on my shoulder, not just a hint!

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    You will not add bulk, unless your are taking lots of supplements, lots of protein, and have lots of weight on your back, you muscles have no reason to grow if you are not adding stress on them, I think this single fact is what holds most women back from their ideal body weight. You have to get rid of the fat, period. Sounds like you are doing great so far! Keep it up, Get squats in there! ASAP! Maybe consider a gym, getting under a squat bar, with proper coaching, or, buy a medicine ball and do squats like that, build muscle, get rid of fat, they go hand in hand really. And don't try to target your fat loss, doesn't work that way, your body will take away fat from all over, so tighten up that diet, make sure your, pulling, pushing, and squating in your fitness plan, also, no rush! do it right and take it easy!

amh
    amh is offline Junior Member
    Ah the thighs!(LOL) This is where I have the hardest time loosing too. I do 3 to 4 30min cardio sessions a week. I will say that after years of trying different workouts the BEST for me to tone my thighs is by doing the Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" cardio workouts along with a lateral thigh trainer as my alternate workout. I have tried it all including Jillian Michaels stuff, but this combo has done wonders for my thighs! The best part is that it is SO EASY!!!!! I never dread doing it-

Oh-I also bulk up easily in my thighs and hate that look- I seem to tone without adding bulk with the Leslie Sansone stuff-

Hitting 15% as a woman is difficult and rarely maintainable long term. Women are supposed to hold fat in certain places (ie lower body). The tendency for a woman's body to be "pear shaped" rather than "apple" or "banana" is a sign of good hormonal health/balance. Not only that, many women lose their periods(another sign of bad hormonal health) when they go below 18%BF - that is why even fitness models/competitors don't stay at stage or photo shoot ready year round. It's not healthy.
    I am not sure you can eliminate fat pouches unless you are down to ~ 15%. My understanding is that for females visible body fat (i.e. buldges) start to dissappear from 20% down to 15%, and the body achieves a 'smooth' look by 15%, i.e. no visible body fat, but no real muscule definition when body is relaxed either. I believe that 14-15% is a maintainable weight - that's what the models/bodybuilders would maintain off-season iirc, and unhealthy range starts from 13% down, for a non-lucky body type (don't remeber the name, the 'runner'/elfin body type in women). Below either 10 or 12% iirc is not recommended.

For me personally, I am between 18 and 20% right now, and have outher thigh buldge, muffin top and it is hard to say if the 2 curves on my stomach is abdominal mucule or protruding belly. Muscules are only clearly defined and distinguishable from 'bulk' when held in tension. My body flaws right now are easily concealed with clothes, but as soon as I put a bathing suit on, I look plump because of the thighs and the fact that the stomach is not flat.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-03-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing crossfit and trying to keep my diet clean. Do I need to walk/run or do anything additional to help slim my thighs? They are my problem area as well.

Jenn, doing light weight interval training (8-15 lbs dumbells) and high-impact cardio in my case definetly did NOT help with thighs. What happend, after ~ 18% BF, the body started eating into Upper Body Muscules instead. I have a composite pic here, and as you can see on the left, I am completely emanciated on top, but still have huge thighs. Not to mention I am uncapable of doing anything but 2+ hours of training a day. So, I would definetly advise against interval training with light weights and high-impact cardio as the means of reducing the thighs.

http://www.buddyslim.com/images/user...BlvOQ8eWYz.jpg

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I put muscle on easily fairly easily. I have noticed that my outer thighs are slimming down very nicely. I don't have any lumps of fat like I used to have before hand. I've really only been doing squats, hour long walks and sprints once or twice a week. So now its more or less the inner thighs that seem to be an issue. Are plie' squats and deadlifts the best for that?
    Georgette

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member
    I have tried every way to Sunday to get my thighs to slim down. Well not everything. I've never done the heavy lifting route which is my next thing to do. I do pack on the muscle pretty easily but I figure it's worth a shot since nothing else has helped. I've done Pure Barre, step aerobics, pilates, yoga etc all with no visible success. Hopefully I'm not genetically inclined to have Kim Kardashians lower half for the rest of my life.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I put muscle on all over. Walking and sprinting do that for me well enough. I come from a very sturdy lot as it were. I'm built more or less somewhere between a female body builder/gymnast but with more curves.
    Georgette

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast