Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best natural pre-workout boost? page

Kaizen Guest

Well I'm a morning workout type of guy, I don't exactly jump out of bed ready for my workout so I want something to give me a good natural boost. Thoughts? I used to drink black coffee early in the morning, but I'm trying to find something better. I'm drinking wheatgrass juice right now, but honestly it's nasty tasting and I don't feel all that much different, and it's incredibly expensive.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

BCAA's...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

zentofitness Guest

I have had pretty good results before with a black coffee and a small ripe banana (plus a glass of water)

primalclubber is offline Senior Member

Coffee...black...and I&#39;m good.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

yerbe mate tea. an hour before the workout though, or you&#39;ll be running to the bathroom between sprints

MightyMite is offline Member

Earl Gray tea with coconut milk and a little honey.

fotakou is offline Junior Member

Brazil,this summer

I went to bed last night without taking a bath,simply because I was really tired

Woke up in the morning,had a capoeira class in 20 minutes.I was feeling crappy and I said "Damn I have to take a bath"

Best thing I ever did.I was instantly revitalized!Warm water really seemed to wake me up!

Try it

Kaizen Guest

Actually I&#39;ve tried everything you all mentioned, including the warm water soak. I suppose I&#39;ll go back to black coffee and bananas and a nice warm face soak. Thanks all!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

fotakou! How&#39;s Brazil? That&#39;s where I&#39;m from... haven&#39;t been there for 8 years though...

In what part do you live?

I&#39;ve been wondering this for a while, and I&#39;m glad I found a Brazilian here: How&#39;s is it like to staying primal there?

Sorry for hijacking the threat! lol!

By the way, I&#39;ve read somewhere that carbs pre-workout hinder the production of certain hormones, so you shouldn&#39;t have that banana just yet... Go to leangains.com and it&#39;s one of the first things you&#39;ll find!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Kaizen Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I&#39;m all to familiar with Lean Gains, I&#39;ll probably pass on the banana. It&#39;s not like eating food 30mins to an hour before hand is going to digest fully to get much use out of it by the time I workout. None the less, they&#39;re packed with good stuff and I did love them. I remember I used to bring a whole bundle of them to work, and just eat them throughout the day, haha. A Japanese contractor made fun of me one day when he saw a gallon of water with a bundle of bananas on my desk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast