Thread: Intermittent Fasting questions page

carrya1911 is offline Junior Member

Intermittent Fasting questions

Primal Fuel
    I read Mark's blog posts on IF and it seems fairly conclusive that there are serious benefits to using it...but is there a limit to those benefits?

In other words, my schedule is pretty crazy and it actually would work fairly well for me to essentially eat one reasonable, high quality, enjoyable meal per day, but I don't know if making a daily fasting habit would hinder the goal of losing excess adipose in the long term. Does anyone have insight on that?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    It works very well indeed. I do it every day till 2-3pm and will probably never stop doing so.
    Check out leangains.com for more info.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I have tried eating just one meal a day for a while, but I found that it was hard to enough in one sitting to get what I needed. This is especially true if I was eating out. It is workable for some people and there are a few on here that use that plan. I've settled on two meals a day and that works great for me. If you want a resource on daily IF and healthy living check out http://theleansaloon.com. There are quite of a few of us that use IF daily and long term.

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    I have also started IF and find that it is very good for loosing weight and also maintaining weight. I think I will always do IF now, the Lean Gains link is a good one.

Yes, I should probably mention that I eat two meals a day. I doubt I could ingest the required veg/meat in just one.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I IF daily--sometimes I eat one meal--sometimes 3 within my 6-8 hour "eating window". Most days it's one big meal and one smaller meal.

ctrainer is offline Junior Member
    I also practice IF and generally only eat 2 meals a day in an 8 hour window...there are days that I teach an early cycling class and can't eat too much and will stretch it into 3 meals but that would be the most..IF and eating primal has done wonders to my appetite.

Matthewop is offline Junior Member
    i don't like to eat breakfast.. while I eat a lot at noon..i think it is not good for stomach if you have 2 meals in a day!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewop View Post
    i don't like to eat breakfast.. while I eat a lot at noon..i think it is not good for stomach if you have 2 meals in a day!
    Your stomach will adapt. But, this is one reason why shakes or smoothies are so helpful.