Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate to vibrams? page

TraceurX is offline Member

Alternate to vibrams?

Primal Fuel
    I really want some vibram fivefingers, but I can't afford them. I was wondering what was the next best minimalist shoe

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I bought the Fila Skeletoes back when they came out in February for 59.99 USD and have loved them. I wear them on a daily basis and have no complaints.

Andrew.r.w is offline Junior Member
    Check online fivefingersale.com - they sell them a bit cheaper. Once you know the size, you're good. Sizing is very consistent with VFFs.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    On that note, any recommendations for minimalist shoes for wide feet? My little brother has an awkward stride (he stomps and his feet turn out a lot) and rather wide feet (big toe is very separated from rest of toes, all due to Down Syndrome) and I think his low muscle tone would benefit from a shoe like this (also the lack of laces).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    I bought the Fila Skeletoes back when they came out in February for 59.99 USD and have loved them. I wear them on a daily basis and have no complaints.
    I have a pair of these as well (I think they were on sale for $40 when I bought 'em) and while they are no vibaram, they are comfy and work pretty well. I use the vibrams for rock scrambling, sprinting, hiking, etc. The Skeletoes are good for everyday, walk around and look weird stuff.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    anyone have any ideas for what to wear during winter?

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I have a pair of these as well (I think they were on sale for $40 when I bought 'em) and while they are no vibaram, they are comfy and work pretty well. I use the vibrams for rock scrambling, sprinting, hiking, etc. The Skeletoes are good for everyday, walk around and look weird stuff.

Friday is our blue jeans and sneakers casual day at work and I wore my Skeletoes a few times. My coworkers gave me a hard time about them and said I looked like Robocop. Comfortable is comfortable I say.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalClay View Post
    Friday is our blue jeans and sneakers casual day at work and I wore my Skeletoes a few times. My coworkers gave me a hard time about them and said I looked like Robocop. Comfortable is comfortable I say.
    I get the same thing with my VFFs at work. My colleagues call them "Gorilla Feet" or "Fittens"
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    "Fittens"
    I love it!!
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

urbansix is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I got a pair of these Skechers a few months ago for business casual everyday wear. I didn't really buy them for the minimalism at the time, but liked how they looked. The picture is deceiving - they have a very thin sole and no elevated heel. I have not worn a true minimalist shoe like VF, but this is comparable to a driving moccasin I guess.

http://www.skechers.com/style/62358/.../brn#Color=BLK

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast