Thread: Vibram Five Fingers for Tennis? page

JT_London is offline Member

Vibram Five Fingers for Tennis?

Primal Fuel
    Started "cardio tennis" (fun and social way to get my sprints in each week) and judging by the blisters I get from playing in my regular running shoes it was apparent I needed new shoes for tennis. I was wondering if the V5F were any good for tennis and which model would be best?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

thanks,

Jon

JT_London is offline Member
    Chatted with the Vibram guys on twitter and they said: "Definitely models with straps (eg KSO, Komodosport). Avoid pairs like Classics, don't have straps & could slide off when making cuts" so I've gone for a pair of speeds, as frankly I think they look cool
    Starting weight: 104.5 kg / 230 lbs (29th July 2011)
    100.5kg / 221 lbs (5th August 2011)
    Currently: 99.2kg / 218.6 lbs (23rd September 2011)

Twitter: @jon404

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    My nephew went through a pair in 3 weeks playing squash. I think it was before KSOs were released.

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT_London View Post
    Chatted with the Vibram guys on twitter and they said: "Definitely models with straps (eg KSO, Komodosport). Avoid pairs like Classics, don't have straps & could slide off when making cuts" so I've gone for a pair of speeds, as frankly I think they look cool
    +1 on the KSOs from experience. In fact I got into vibrams because the guy I play with started using them to handicap himself because he keeps beating me. Turns out, he still beats me :P