Thread: Vibram Five Fingers for Tennis?

Vibram Five Fingers for Tennis?

Shop Now
    Started "cardio tennis" (fun and social way to get my sprints in each week) and judging by the blisters I get from playing in my regular running shoes it was apparent I needed new shoes for tennis. I was wondering if the V5F were any good for tennis and which model would be best?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

thanks,

Jon

Chatted with the Vibram guys on twitter and they said: "Definitely models with straps (eg KSO, Komodosport). Avoid pairs like Classics, don't have straps & could slide off when making cuts" so I've gone for a pair of speeds, as frankly I think they look cool
    Starting weight: 104.5 kg / 230 lbs (29th July 2011)
    100.5kg / 221 lbs (5th August 2011)
    Currently: 99.2kg / 218.6 lbs (23rd September 2011)

Twitter: @jon404

My nephew went through a pair in 3 weeks playing squash. I think it was before KSOs were released.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JT_London View Post
    Chatted with the Vibram guys on twitter and they said: "Definitely models with straps (eg KSO, Komodosport). Avoid pairs like Classics, don't have straps & could slide off when making cuts" so I've gone for a pair of speeds, as frankly I think they look cool
    +1 on the KSOs from experience. In fact I got into vibrams because the guy I play with started using them to handicap himself because he keeps beating me. Turns out, he still beats me :P