Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Kaizen) page

Kaizen Guest

Primal Journal (Kaizen)

Primal Fuel

Well I'm slowly becoming more and more "primal" by eating cleaner and overall better. I'm taking "baby steps" for now, and just making sure I eat nothing but natural clean foods. I wanted to have screen shots of my fitday journal daily here, but my internet connection would make it horrendous to do so, so I'll just write it out for now. So far I've had a 1.5 mile run for time (I have a PT test coming up), which isn't much but honestly I just want to get faster at this speed for a better score. I alternate between lifting (I use P90X workout sheets) and cardio 3 days on one day off 'ala' crossfit method.

This morning I drank wheatgrass juice straight, had my workout and ate a Larabar since I was so tired I went back to sleep before work. Honestly I didn't feel like working out much, I was a bit tired when I woke up at 445, but I wanted to get some sort of exercise done. Now I almost regret it, I'm a bit lethargic and restless. Went to work, had a meeting, then took off to eat at Ihop hoping to get a good omelette with veggies and steak done up. I did, until I read they use pancake batter in their omelettes, what the hell? So I opted for sunny side eggs (4) with sirloin steak cut up, with some hashbrowns (not sure if this is "primal"). Had ice water with it, and I just had another larabar.

So far so good, since I can't cook in my room, and grilling outside isn't very appetizing (the grill looks nasty) I tend to eat out lately. I'll probably pick up some salmon "cups" to eat regularly, and I also have boxes of steamable veggies, I usually steam one box and eat it all. Well that was quite long, I'll be getting some measurements once I get a good tape. With the coming week I'll be going home for Christmas, it'll be rough especially considering my home city doesn't have any organic health food stores.

Kaizen Guest

Well the day is almost up, probably should have ate more, I'm craving eggs and steak that I had this morning. I had another larabar, a few slices of pineapple in coconut water and a Chipotle "burrito bowl". The bowl had chicken, guacamole, lettuce and some sour cream (I know, I know). I came home and opened up a Spinach salad I had and tossed in some Spinach leaves into the bowl for added nutrients and protein. Can't say it was the best, honestly I prefer the soft tacos, but those have flour tortillas. So far so good today, but I need to eat more animal products. I might stop eating at Chipotle and start eating more meaty "hearty" meals. I have plenty of steamable veggies in my mini fridge, so I'll eat one of those now.

Kaizen Guest

Well I "slept in" today, and I damn well needed it. I'm still a bit sore. My biceps are still aching from Monday's workout and I need some good recovery sleep since I worked out yesterday. Well today has been great, didn't eat breakfast, just had black coffee. Honestly I wasn't hungry, so I just went to work after that. Came back and had a larabar, and at lunch time went to Ihop. Had 4 sunny side up eggs, with sausage and an ice water. Might get a meatier meal next time with more sausage and bacon. Came back to my room and had 2 slices of pineapple in coconut water, damn good and only 9g of carbs per.

I'm about to eat a bowl of steamed veggies to balance my meal out. So far I have pretty sustained energy, not bouncing off the walls but doing much better. I'm looking at getting a Coleman portable grill so I can cook for myself, it'll save me some money and I can eat more natural foods.

Kaizen Guest

Alright yesterday I cheated, and I didn't workout, so it was a little bad but not a massive failure. Just had some pancakes with my last meal along with some hashbrowns. I was starving, I ended up eating a lot later than I should have, and lunch probably caused it. I ended up eating a small portion of protein for lunch, so that didn't help. Either way, I have to set up a good base, so I'm going to eat completely primal, with not much regard to carbs until I can 100% stay with primal foods. To me it'll help me more, gotta take baby steps, I'll still be eating 100% clean. After that, I can start cutting back on carbs.

Kaizen Guest

Well it's been a while since I last updated this. I have a bad habit of not keeping track of much, especially in online journals. I just bought a cheap scale to measure bodyfat and such. I'm not looking for 100% accuracy, just looking for something that'll help me keep track of my change. I'll be using the scale exclusively to keep track. I want to start my 30 day challenge, but knowing how bad I've been during the holidays, I'll start clean during the New Year, gotta start it off clean!

Kaizen Guest

Alright well this year I'm going to make a drastic change in everything, but for the purposes of this forum I'll metion what I want to do health/fitness wise. I'm going to call it my "300 days to Spartan fitness". Thought it would be something "catchy" that would also seem pretty inventive and keep me focused more. So what's my goal? well in 300 days I want to look ripped and muscular. I'm not talking about massive, but something like the Spartans of the movie 300, thus the title. So I'll put down specifically what I want in the next 300 days:

-Eat completely primal

-get down to 9% bodyfat, or lower

-Run a 9 min mile and a half

-completely clear up my skin (I have acne)

That's basically the main goals I want to accomplish. They're simple, but it'll take plenty of hard work and dedication. It might be a slow process, and within the next couple of months, it's definitely get pretty hard. I'll be out at survival school in a few weeks. As of now I've been doing p90X religiously, and I realize now how much I've let myself go. I'll post up my measurements later tonight. I also have a cheap bowflex bf scale which I'll use to track my progress. It's not 100% accurate, but it'll tell me if I'm progressing the way I want. I'm not sure how often I'll update this, since I tend to forget about online journals for a while, but I'll still be doing what I need to do. I have 3 pairs of dumbbells (I will be getting powerblocks soon) and a kettlebell (soon to be replaced by the "Beast bulldog kettlebell"). My diet will mostly consist of steak and veggies with some fruit here and there and coconut water. Once I get settled down in school, I plan on getting a small portable grill to cook more often. Today is day 1!

Kaizen Guest

Well this morning I woke up feeling great, got up and make some organic coffee. I gotta say, for freeze dried coffee, this stuff is amazingly rich. Tastes amazing, best coffee I've ever tasted. Of course it was black. Took about 45 minutes to really wake up and get ready. Did "Chest Shoulders and Triceps along with Ab ripper X". I don't know if I'm really that badly out of shape, or if I just didn't have the energy but doing the pushups really took it out of me. I wasn't tired, I just didn't have the strength to do them on my feet. I felt a little bad, but I did them on my knees, then again it's a pretty intense workout. Either way I did the whole workout and felt great. Decided I'd do Ab ripper X since I hadn't done it in a long long time, even when I had been doing P90X regularly. I really hate this workout, and I know why. It's pretty intense, but I'm not sure I want to do this one as far as core exercises go. They do too many crunching type movements that I heard was bad for your back and not as effective. So I'm thinking of just replacing it with more intense core exercises that are practical. I have P90X+ and their core workouts are much better, so I may pop that disc in during those days that it calls for it.

I had diluted coconut water (half water half coconut water) for my workout drink. Pretty good, I get the natural sports drink, tastes amazing too. Afterward I went to work, didn't eat till about lunch time. I had a grass fed rib eye steak with some steamed veggies. Pretty damn good. I had a craving for something sweet, and luckily I bought some 86% chocolate, which was much better than I thought.

Later today I went to Whole Foods to stock up on more meat, I ended up eating nearly $50 worth of meat in a few hours last time. So this time I bought more conservatively. I bought 3 "cowboy burger" patties. Which are pretty thick hamburger patties that have some spices, thick cut uncured bacon and some jalapenos and cheese. They had some damn good preseasoned meats that I'll buy more often. I also bought some steaks. On my way out I bought some premade turkey meat loaf, and guacamole and a brownie (I really wanted it, and the carb content wasn't crazy so I bought it). Came home, ate half the meatloaf I bought with some guacamole and had the brownie. I feel pretty damn good today. tomorrow I'm not sure what I'll do, Maybe Kenpo X again or maybe I'll try "Total Body" from my P90X+ workouts if I'm not too sore. All I can say, lately I've been feeling quite happy and energetic, like I'm on a "high". Also,I plan on joining the New Years resolution competition. If it's a year long thing I'd definitely be down!

Kaizen Guest

Well the past few days I've been a little off. I had a rough day yesterday trying to cook some meat I bought. Long story short, it ended up charred and pretty nasty so I threw it away and drove to Chipotle. Decided to have a small workout at night, real late, around 11PM since I was pretty wired from drinking coffee around 7PM. Today I was a little bad as well, I went out to barnes and noble to buy some books, hadn't eaten anything. A few hours passed by, I had went to watch a movie so I had "breakfast" there. Paid hefty for a hotdog and some nachos with some water. It was alright, but I was pretty damn hungry. Kept me satiated until about 8PM and I ate Chipotle again after my workout today. Overall my carb count isn't ridiculous still, I believe I'm under 150g still, and I'm done eating. I notice I want to eat junk food when I get bored, even though I'm not really hungry. I think my main source of my cravings comes from boredom. Well did Total Body plus today, pretty rough but well worth it. I find it hard not to workout everyday, but I'll keep doing it till I really need some good rest. I have about another week till I go to survival school, so I'll lift and workout as much as I can before my time is taken up by school.

Kaizen Guest

Alright been a while since I posted in this journal. Well after a somewhat rough weekend, I got back on track. Yesterday I did Total Body plus, and today I did Interval X plus. They're much shorter, but intense workouts. I like them, although I suck at them currently. Each day I get stronger and faster though, so in due time I'll catch up to them. As far as diet goes, I'm a bit lost since I don't eat much. I'm worried it might stall my fat loss and might actually be detrimental. I only want to eat when I'm hungry, but often times I can eat a small decent meal (all primal) and that's all I'll want the entire day. Not even depriving myself, just not hungry. So far it looks like I might have lost an inch off my waist already. That may be due to water or me just going back to my regular waist but I'll take it. Well that's all for now, I really need to get my video made to be sent in today.

Kaizen Guest

well I decided to eat earlier than I usually do and am currently eating some meatloaf with a serving of steamed veggies. Honestly I'm not really hungry, and I'm just eating to eat right now it seems. So I'm just going to go back to eating when I'm truly hungry, even if that means I'm only eating one meal a day. I believe once my body starts to really need to rebuild itself my appetite will increase dramatically. I'm happy to say that all my meals have been primal though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast