Page 625 of 631 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 625

Peggi is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm in the Toronto Area in Canada (living in a 200 year old town just outside of the city). Due to our current financial situation, I'm not very primal at all, although I would be happy eating a primal diet - as would my husband. Our 13 year old son - not so much. I found this site doing a search on "antidepressant detox".....everything happens for a reason right!

I drink dairy in coffee, butter, sour cream and cheese.
    I drink coffee - 2 cups daily in the am.
    I don't eat sugar and can easily do without most fruits.

My favourite primal food would be a juicy steak.

I'm hoping to find more information about how the primal diet is going to affect my brain chemistry before I commit completely. In the meantime, really like what I've read on the site so far.

I guess that's it for now.
    Last edited by Peggi; 08-20-2014 at 05:14 AM. Reason: typo

wanderinjack is offline Junior Member
    I started on the Dr. Rosedale diet years ago and haven't had junk food, sugar or alcohol for going on 3 yrs. I found Marks Daily Apple several years ago at the Crossfit gym I use to attend. Mark's ideas made complete sense to me and now my whole family is doing it, including my x-wife!

I'm very active, work out 2x /wk (body weight and kettlebells) spirit once a week (3 running tabatas) I take a lot of long walks and for fun I go for long backpacks in the Sierra (just got back from 8 days).

Wanderin Jack

lhammoudeh is offline Junior Member
    I am a 56 year old woman that took the part six months off from my 18 plus years in the special education classroom. In a nutshell the 2013-2014 school year was THE most stressful. Self contained 7th/8th graders with emotional disabilities. MY blood pressure soared to 180 over 94 and after I took retirement after six weeks without medication my blood pressure had come down to 123 over 80. I have at least 50 pounds or more to lose and my weight has controlled my life for far too many years. Ironically up until about the fifth grade I was always always the SMALLEST girl in my class not height wise but weight wise. Time for a change I am going to return to work working fewer hours and resource students in a new district. Change of scenery and I stated the Primal Blueprint lifestyle change five days ago and I am already feeling better and my gut is starting to go down. My sons girlfriend has recommended the Primal Blueprint to me and I have seen how she looks the most healthy in years. Is trimming down and firming up and she looks and she feels fabulous. My hardest challenge I believe will be the carbs etc. I always ate way too many. But from what I have read and learned this is the lifestyle for me. Wish me luck!!!!!

Primal-Josh is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 99% primal (only 99% because although I think it may be 100%, I'm sure I've messed up along the way). I've been primal for about 2 months.

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was a vegan and just felt like something about my diet wasn't natural. I didn't feel right. I was ready eating clean but now that I'm eating fat and animal proteins I'm feeling much stronger and more energetic.

Favorite exercise: I love running but I'm trying to cut back based on Mark's advice.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty about eating fat and meat.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss cheesecake.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

WritingMyLife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Upstate New York
    Age (If you want): 39
    How Primal are you: 90% primal most days. I've been primal for just about six weeks.
    Do you consume dairy: Yes. Cream in my coffee every day, home whipped cream on primal dessert on weekends and a serving of aged cheese several times a week.
    Do you drink coffee or tea:1 or 2 cups of coffee daily.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I am obese and was having a lot of trouble with inflammation. I had cut back a lot on carbs but hadn't found a plan I could live with until Primal. I've lost 15 pounds so far and feel better.
    Favorite exercise: Walking is about all I can do yet.
    Favorite Primal food: Hmmm, maybe grilled chicken? I just love eating primal and have made some great recipes that I found through Pinterest.
    Best part about being Primal: Reduced inflammation.
    Worst part about being Primal: The headache the day after if I eat sugar.

Jessiquantum is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I'd say perhaps 70% at the moment (beginner).

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Copious amounts!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, weight loss, energy.

Favorite exercise: Pilates and various strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Nice bloody steak!

Best part about being Primal: No more bloat, no painful gas, not feeling foggy (still working on the fatigue).

Worst part about being Primal: Bread and butter!

Virvatuli is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Skövde, Sweden

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Since 3 weeks back I eat accordingly to the LCHF (low carbs high fat) plan which is quite popular in Sweden. The biggest differences to primal is less carbs (for me, 20-50g a day) and no fruit but the plan includes dairy. I've started following the primal blueprint fitness plan. My goal is to loose my overweight and then up my carbs and go more primal for maintaining my weight and health.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Initially loosing my overweight and getting rid of unhealthy habits, but during my initial 3 weeks I've found plenty of other motivational factors such as energy, strength, eating clean and hopefully getting less severe food allergies.

Favorite exercise: Walks and swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Cabbage, broccoli, salmon, coconut (milk, oil, shredded, flour - love 'em all)!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about treating my body well and keeping it healthy in the long run.

Worst part about being Primal: Every bad thing that I can come up with is just a remnant of my old bad habits and mindset (for example, being irritated about being too full to have a snack... :P). So nothing, really!

DavoGravo is online now Junior Member
    Your location: Sydney

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Somewhat ? I've been HFLC for about 4 months, I stopped cheese and milk for a week but reintroduced cheese cos I missed it so much

Do you consume dairy: Yeah I eat a fair bit of butter (maybe too much ?) and some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes lots of coffee...it's probably my biggest addiction, I probably have 4 or 5 espresso a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To become a better fat burner for endurance cycling but since I started I have felt so good that I do it for health (both mental and physical).

Favorite exercise: Cycling or body weight excercising.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Bacon

Worst part about being Primal: No ice cream.

Chef and Bass is offline Junior Member
    Good morning everyone,

In answer to the questions:

Your location: North West UK

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, only high quality, mostly raw milk, grassfed butter, local cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: both: tea once a week, bulletproof coffee on most days

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's the most logical approach to lifestyle, it doesn't make sense to harm yourself

Favorite exercise:lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal:the energy and clarity of mind it produces

Worst part about being Primal: i do love long-fermented sourdough and i do indulge once a month

Surfie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello! I'm Melissa, and I love this website.

Your location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Just starting out, hard to say.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both, but not very often. Black and unsweet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm tired of feeling fat, sloppy, exhausted, and sick. I'm tired of letting food rule me. I have been ashamed of my eating habits, but never enough to actually change them. It's embarrassing to admit that I have hidden boxes of doughnuts in my closet on more than one occassion. I obviously had a problem if I was hiding food!

Favorite exercise: Walking, and swimming in the ocean - I'm not a very strong swimmer, but just being in the water is amazing. Squats!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Finally having energy during the day, sleeping better, no more achy and cramping feet (I might have had arthritis?), and of course weight loss, minor though it may be so far. And I love that I don't have to be scared of fat any more. Three cheers for bacon and butter!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to be prepared to always have primal meals and snacks for work can be tricky enough. But visiting friends and family, or eating out? It's quite a challenge finding good choices, and it's incredibly tempting to give in to all the junk. I'm still very, very new to living primally, so some days it's a battle.