Page 624 of 630 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 624

LeonardChallis is offline Junior Member

Hello from a Primal wannabe!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone! I've come here after (so far) reading a few chapters of The Primal Blueprint, and I think being able to use it as a resource will be invaluable. I won't lie, for me, I find the book quite hard to read in some ways. Not because it's poorly written, quite the contrary. However the biology and chemistry for me are really not topics I have much knowledge about at all, so even after reading a few times times over I don't fully understand. I'm hoping that a little bit of blind trust will pay off, however, as I embark on my primal journey!

In fact nutrition as a whole is really alien to me. I sound like one of the case studies from Mark's book, if I'm honest. Good intentions, on and off diets, exercise not at all but then think I need to do hours of cardio in the gym... the list goes on. The whole cutting out grains thing was a big eye opener for me. Bread alone takes up such a massive part of my diet. If this really is the best way to go then I will surely see a massive difference in how I feel.

After such a long time being unfit, failing countless times and diets and such, I decided I had to do something a little bit extreme to make sure I don't quit. I started, about a month ago, a video blog and post to YouTube my progress. I don't really like being so open and honest about it all, but it has really spurred me on to not just quit, because friends and family see it and I'd be even more embarrassed to give up. For my first 30 days I decided to cut out a whole host of food and drink completely as a challenge, these are things that I had on a daily basis. It was only after I'd started it for a short while when a friend told me about The Primal Blueprint book. I bought it in iBooks and have been fascinated since.

So, starting on Saturday, I am going to do the 21 day Primal Challenge, hoping that it goes really well and that I can continue after with a positive experience. I will continue to video blog about the experience, good or bad. But if I can finally make the necessary changes to my life, feel fit and look good for the first time in well over a decade, then I'll be absolutely over the moon. It looks good, I'm giving it 100% of my effort, so hopefully any of that "blind faith" I spoke about will become more knowledge and experience instead. Wish me luck!

As for my details, some of them don't make sense seeing as I haven't started yet, but here we go:

Your location: Hull, England

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not at all, yet! I am probably a horrible candidate, with the amount of grains I eat!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: On a rare occasion I have a cup of tea (maybe once a month) but I've never liked the idea of being "dependant" on them - which is ironic because that's how I've become with food.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I don't just want to be thin, I want to be healthy. I don't want loads of medication and I want to be there for my wife and young family for many years to come.

Favorite exercise: So far I really couldn't tell you! Probably some sport-based one, but I'm seriously lacking in this department still! I would love to be able to run.

Favorite Primal food: Has to be steak, even though it's just been my general favourite food so far!

Best part about being Primal: Can't answer - but if it works, then my motivator will certainly be the best part

Worst part about being Primal: I'm guessing it will be "no bread!"

Nice to meet you all. I think my first course of action is to try get a better understanding of what kind of foods I can eat (meat, veg, a bit of fruit, etc, but I still feel like I don't really understand enough). I'm sure these forums will help!

If anyone would like to spur me on, see my progress or just plain throw me a bit of abuse to keep me on the straight and narrow, then my video blogs are up at LeonardChallis - YouTube. I apologise if it's not etiquette to post a link on your first, introductory post!

Thanks,
    Leonard

Jeepo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Belfast, UK

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Pretty much just greek yoghurt, very rarely milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black, 2-3 cups a day, some green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, nothing to "fix" as such, just becoming more aware of health and primal living appeals

Favorite exercise: Legs day - would LOVE to try Ultimate Frisbee but Belfast doesn't have much going on....

Favorite Primal food: I make an excellent Chicken salad and love my Chicken BBQ slow cooked meal

Best part about being Primal: My Vibrams - in love already

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations with food present.

I made a more details hello post here!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1526561

caztiss is offline Junior Member
    your location: Abu Dhabi UAE

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 12months

Do you consume dairy: Yes - organic whole yoghurt, organic whole milk and raw cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Fresh homemade filter coffee every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read about the negative health impacts of wheat and vegetable oils and sugar (in all its disguises) and decided to make a change

Favorite exercise: Swimming, DDP yoga, walking my dogs, just about to start cross fit...

Favorite Primal food: Hard one! I love breakfast which is organic whole yoghurt, nuts and berries with some vanilla powder and bee pollen!

Best part about being Primal: The feeling of damage limitation and the freedom from sugar/food cravings. Also love the new found fun in making stuff like water kefir, crackers, chocolate, sauerkraut.

Worst part about being Primal: Difficulty in sourcing Primal food in the UAE. I started a blog about it as it is so hard!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/primalAD/

DavidA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: chicago

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 5 months

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: cure an autoimmune disease

Favorite exercise: hiking (walking outdoors); in the gym it's the bike or elliptical with sprinting sessions

Favorite Primal food: sockeye salmon

Best part about being Primal: knowing that I'm feeding my cells the proper nutrition they need to heal

Worst part about being Primal: still learning to cook good tasting primal meals that don't take too long to make or clean up

Salome_Schmidt is offline Junior Member
    Hey ho!

Your location: Galway, Ireland

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:Hmm - only just started the 21 day challenge 3 days ago, but I am relatively primal unconsciously for about the past 4 months (experimenting with my private mix of ideas of Gary Taubes, Jonathan Bailor, Abel James, Daniel Vitalis and Precision Nutricion workout advice - so overall that comes pretty close to this)

Do you consume dairy: some goats cheese and greek joghurt, no milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes. both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted a "whole" approach not just diet and exercise advice - I am very interested in sleep and re-organising my work to that I sit less on a chair etc.

Favorite exercise: "sprinting" , in the "swimming as fast as I can" version, in the sea - which also gives me sun exposure.

Favorite Primal food: freshly caught sea food (thanks to living at the Atlantik coast, but I am also happy to have re-discovered liver (which I loved as a child before the low fat propaganda infected my family)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling so well in my body and all of a sudden optimistic about the future

Worst part about being Primal: Balancing out being an ethical consumer (not to buy animals that have been tortured in order to end up on my plate) and a tight budget. Also the endless discussions with and increasing anger of my vegan friends.
    Last edited by Salome_Schmidt; 08-17-2014 at 03:00 PM.

sassy48 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    California
    Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: Just started again but I hope to be about 80% to start

Do you consume dairy: In my coffee and Eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: New job

Favorite exercise: Water sports, learning to surf finally

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I remember having no joint pain

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Pasta

WheezyDaWeezer is offline Junior Member
    Hello all... Let me answer these questions.

Your location: Singapore (Hard palce to live being Paleo. A lot of the things people put here that look so amazing to make i cant find the ingrediance.)

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I would say Iím about 70%-80%.

Do you consume dairy: Not so much now. I use to love cheese and milk but find I donít miss it. It's such a grey area I figure I'll put it back into my diet once I get to the weight and shape I want to be in and see what happens.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink Tea, never been a Coffee Fan.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was overweight and was sick of feeling like bad all the time.

Favorite exercise: Swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Wow that is a hard one, but I have to go with Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: I donít get hungry as much as I use to.

Worst part about being Primal: Things to drink get a little boring. I drink lots of tea and water, but after a while it gets old

PinkAeryse is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ohio, right up on the lake.

Age (If you want):40

How Primal are you:not sure, i began low carb/high fat 6 days ago....

Do you consume dairy:butter and cream...sparingly on the cream

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:emphasis on real food

Favorite exercise:reading no really, i love hiking

Favorite Primal food:steak, coconut oil

Best part about being Primal:i dont know yet

Worst part about being Primal:i feel like crap this week....cant bicycle more than three miles

chiromom is offline Member
    I registered for the forums a few years ago. Primal is sort of the core of the way I eat. I do get lazy now and then...and now is one of those times I need to tighten things up. I've been eating less over all and have reached a healthy weight finally. Now I'd like to get shredded and deal with some skin issues that usually are the result of too much white crap. So I'm rebooting to full-on Primal and alcohol-free.

The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you: Starting today 100%

Do you consume dairy: raw cream in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: i-2 cups of dark rich coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Skin, mental clarity and dropping last 10 vanity pounds. Also makes ditching alcohol easier.

Favorite exercise: Dance

Favorite Primal food: grass-fed beef

Best part about being Primal:effortless weight loss, mental clarity and clear skin

Worst part about being Primal:I do love baguettes and butter

Wizzer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: VA, USA

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you: We are investigating alternatives and liked your format. Wanting to take a closer look...

Do you consume dairy: Y

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Favorite exercise: work