Page 614 of 626 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6253

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 614

Gustoso is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Name: Emma

Your location: Brisbane, Australia

How Primal are you: I'm just starting out. We have been eating paleo dinners for a few weeks now. I'm wanting to start 100% paleo in about a week and get serious.

Do you consume dairy: Yes I'll be consuming 24 hour homemade yogurt for the probiotics, but I'll try to phase out the cheese. I don't tolerate milk, so that's out already.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Stay healthy and balance out blood sugar levels.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb chops and bacon.

Best part about being Primal: It's healthier for me.

Worst part about being Primal: The washing up.

gazstar106 is offline Junior Member

Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Name Gary

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 60 days but wayward a couple of time

Do you consume dairy: Only grass fed butter on rare occasions

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose fat

Favorite exercise: ATM strength training but did enjoy running but slowed that right down

Favorite Primal food: My favourite animal is steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel free

Worst part about being Primal: Miss rice

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Last edited by gazstar106; 06-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.

3loulou is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tunisia

Age (If you want): 16 (I will be 17 this August)

How Primal are you: I'm considering it

Do you consume dairy: Yes sure

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee but tea from time to time

Motivator for switching to Primal: I never followed a plan before. I never went to a GYM before. I'm totally new. I guess I'm lucky finding this material.

I can't answer the other questions because I don't have an answer

auntlala is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bristol CT

AgeIf you: 60

How Primal are you: newly exploring

Do you consume dairy: currently yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: have discovered that the "cleaner" i eat the better i feel

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

jstormer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: State College, PA (Penn State)

Age (If you want): "As old as my tongue, and a little bit older than my teeth."

How Primal are you: Moderate, but looking to tighten up. Numerous health challenges to tweak...

Do you consume dairy: Milk, no; other products, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup coffee (sometimes) in the morning. More often tea, frequently herbals.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I had gone gluten free about a year and a half ago, simply for relief of symptoms. Happy to take unexpected consequences of weight/inch loss & much lower glucose levels! Study lead to Paleo/primal. Now the things that were great aids in losing weight, stabilizing BG (ie: fat & fiber) are the very things causing major distress re: gastroparesis secondary to diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Running in circles & jumping to conclusions. Walking/hiking. Too many foot problems & inflamed joints to be able to push real hard at this point. part of what I'm anticipating to change eventually eating more primally.

Favorite Primal food: Duh, bacon. Ok, any kind of animal fat: duck, crispy roasted pig ears...

Best part about being Primal: Eating in a way the (for the most part) makes be feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal: To quote another intro post: "Talking to Muggles about food." Especially Medical Muggles.
    <rant>The so-called experts.</rant>
    The family kind of gets that I have special dietary challenges, in that they see the difference in my mental, emotional & physical health when I eat primally or not. Yet even when presented with lab results SHOWING "better numbers" when I tell them how I did it, it's unbelief at best. Better numbers = BG & Food logs, blood panels (BG, A1c, Lipids, BP, etc.) They don't want to believe that I can have such "good cholesterol" for example when eating a pound (or more) of bacon a week. Multiple quarters now, I've demonstrated that following their dietetic advice always results in worse numbers, while eating "that whacked paleo hype" shows otherwise. (OK, OK, really /rant now).

ajzee is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Cleveland, OH

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: just starting back up but with diet, about 75% and exercise is 50% but steadily increasing

Do you consume dairy: yes, slowly trying to phase out the cheese but I really enjoy coconut milk so that was an easy swap

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee. Maybe one cup when I get to the job (2 days a week)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I loved the way I felt after eating Paleo for three weeks and see the negative effects of processed food and junk on members if my family. I will be a dad this November and want to set a good example for my kid. Also, I love the primal workouts - it's like being a kid again!

Favorite exercise: in the gym- squats, when I am outdoors it's climbing anything or flipping a tire

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, kale, nuts and lamb

Best part about being Primal: feeling like I am really making a difference in my health and longevity

Worst part about being Primal: my Italian blood hates no pasta lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

SaltPacks is offline Junior Member
    Hey This is Salt Packs we are a new bag company....going to Kickstarter in a month or so....really excited
    We are all about the beach, surfing, paddleboard, and adventure sports! Can't wait to tweet you....find us at https://twitter.com/ruletheplanet or https://www.facebook.com/saltpacks on facebook! manandbag.JPG

mltullos is offline Junior Member
    Name: Mike

Your location: Lake Jackson, TX

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I've been about 90% primal for a little over 2 months.

Do you consume dairy: Half & half in my coffee, cheese (not daily), and milk (1/2 cup every few days)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and I tried primal a year ago for a couple of months and I really enjoyed the energy I had throughout the day. I'm wanting to lose body fat and improve my health metrics.

Favorite exercise: Disc golf, bike riding

Favorite Primal food: Any kind of meat I grill and chopped salads

Best part about being Primal: I enjoy eating foods I like and not feel guilty about it.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss pizza.

Cave Girl at the Beach is offline Junior Member
    I Live in Gorgeous Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. I love being outdoors; kayaking and running to the beach with my dog, Scout.
    I have been Paleo most of my life. I grew up with Armenian grandparents who ate Paleo, it just was called traditional food when I was growing. I "strayed" while in college and began getting migraines. I went back to Paleo and have never looked back. I have just opened Cave Girl at the Beach where I hope to introduce Paleo to locals far and wide. My website is Cavegirlatthebeach.com. I also have a Facebook page. I have never felt better in my life! Reading Primal Blueprint for the third time..thank you, Mark!

Wild Runner is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Scotland

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:1st day! Hoping to be as near 100% to start - get over the dreaded brain fog quicker I hope.

Do you consume dairy: milk in coffee and cheese for now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, get healthy, stop carb cravings and chocolate binges, gain more energy.

Favorite exercise:mountain biking, running or walking.

Favorite Primal food: eggs, nuts, avocados

Best part about being Primal: yet to discover - energy gain and weight loss I hope.

Worst part about being Primal: I think it will be giving up lager and beer...well for some of the time!