Page 587 of 631 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 587

MSG Caveman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

The Questions:

Your location: Military Deployed prefer not to say (Tampa, FL before deploying)

Age (If you want): Just turned 40

How Primal are you: 90% Military dining facility dependent (meaning having to pull breading off meat and shrimp) I do have salsa on eggs occasionally, and occasionally mushrooms and onions and peppers with my steak.

Do you consume dairy: Very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons for my family, but for support I jumped in with both feet and it has been beneficial for us all.

Favorite exercise: Martial Arts and Running

Favorite Primal food: Homemade Bratwurst (from scratch)

Best part about being Primal: Being in significantly better shape and health than most of my seniors, peers and subordinates. I love going to the doctor for a check up and him telling me my health is better than some 25 year olds he sees.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to pass the dessert table. Man I miss me some cheesecake sometimes.

ClaresBigBoots is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone. My name is Clare, I'm 34 and I'm about to go primal! Just getting everything ready and my meals planned. I hope to start next week and I'm really looking forward to it. My aim is to end years of poor health - it certainly sounds like many others have achieved just that. Losing a few pounds is a welcome bonus too! I live in Rotherham England - is there anyone else close by?

Winston is offline Junior Member
    I think I signed up for the wrong forum. I was looking for a forum on Dr Perlmutter's book, Grain Brain.

Dheis2 is offline Junior Member

How Primal Are You: Mostly? I think? Still working out the details...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes.

Do you eat dairy: Small amounts of cheese almost daily, but nothing else normally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed to finally get my diet under control and Primal has been working great.

Favorite exercise: Lifting, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Just happy with the veg heavy recipies, too many good choices to pick from.

Best thing about being Primal: No sugar crashes, no food comas, great cookbooks.

Worst thing: Significant reduction in alcohol consumption... Also a postive change...

hunter1 is offline Junior Member

Do you consume dairy: try not to

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivation for swithching to primal: health problems

BGAKA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Primarily India, but keep on going places on business

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: No carbs, no sugars, only proteins and fats as prescribed by MDA

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wasn't leading a very active lifestyle and wanted to switch to one.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill

Favorite Primal food: Cooked chicken with boiled eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling a lot more active and have lost weight

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I crave for carbs

abundance is offline Junior Member

Abundance is truly mine!

Hi! I am Abundance. I am a middle-aged (55 in June 2014) mother/grandmother/friend/sister who had put about 100 lbs on during my 40's and have now taken off about 1/2 of that. I started eating a modified primal 8/20/12 - I do eat diary but no legumes or starches.

Your location: south of Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 54-55

How Primal are you: mostly. Had been just about 100% for about a year with great results (lost weight, felt better) but then ate some bad carbs and have been struggling since. Jumping back into the river now.

Do you consume dairy: yes -milk, cheese, sour cream and butter. too much cheese so that is one thing that I am also planning on reducing

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - yes but only 1st thing in the morning. tea's - I like herbals at times

Motivator for switching to Primal: health. weight loss, help with peri- and menopausal symptoms, more energy, better moods

Favorite exercise: walkings

Favorite Primal food: chicken and fish

Best part about being Primal: I LOVE chicken and fish. Feeling really good when I am on track

Worst part about being Primal: My primary social activities include eating out and having a few drinks.

paleoyate is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fitness and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Yoga, rollerblading and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Omelet made with omega-3 eggs from cage-free hens and stuffed with a revolving variety of diced meats and vegetables. Served with fresh, mild, natural salsa.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm nourishing my mind and spirit with every act of nourishing my body. And, oh yes, dropping over 100 pounds of unwanted body fat in two years!

Worst part about being Primal: There is no "worst" part. In fact, there's no bad part at all. It's all good!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this primal thing, and strictly speaking I'm more just starting out on a low-card diet (1 week into it) rather than being strictly "primal," but this looked like a good place to discuss this anyway.

I have had my cat on something approaching the feline equivalent of a primal diet for some 4 years, with good results. Hence my screen name. Anyway here's the questions:

Your location: Everett, WA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Don't really know yet. Only a week into it.

Do you consume dairy: Some.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Multiple. The "straw that broke the camel's back" was a week ago Friday, when I was watching the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. I saw all these healthy-looking young people parading down the runway and said to myself, "Damn, I really gotta get myself looking like that!" But I've been reading about paleo diets and low-carb diets for a while and had been considering it anyway.

Favorite exercise: Does sleep count?

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Anyway I've got some questions I want to ask later.

ryan985 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Louisiana

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Every now and then I will eat some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES. Usually with coconut oil in it

Motivator for switching to Primal: just did a Paleo challenge for a month. Down 12lbs and will continue to eat Paleo

Favorite exercise: Lifting and running. Cross fit in a few months

Favorite Primal food: Seafood

Best part about being Primal: all of the meat

Worst part about being Primal: all of the veggies