Page 580 of 638 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 6377

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 580

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflour View Post
    Your location: Wellington, New Zealand
    Age (If you want): 44
    How Primal are you: Not very. Yet. Still a grain addict but planning to reform.
    Do you consume dairy: Yes.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly coffee.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight issues. But also wanting to move to a MUCH healthier lifestyle.
    Favorite exercise: Running (when not injured). Otherwise anything that works up a good sweat, or a really long walk. Used to enjoy going to the gym but between injury & having small kids that's not happening right now.
    Favourite Primal food: Nuts
    Best part about being Primal: Better diet/fuel for my body.
    Worst part about being Primal: Being grain addicted. (As in I still love bread, etc.)

Now that the questions are done: I'm looking to transition in to a primal lifestyle. I went paleo more than 10 years ago to resolve a specific health issue and found that I dropped excess weight without even meaning to. The only problem was that I felt low in energy for vigorous exercise (I was playing high level recreational sport at the time). It was only a month long, so I'm guessing that it's going to take longer than a month to move in to efficient fat burning.
    Any tips for the transition period welcome !!

Looking forward to getting to know folk here.
    Hi Twoflour! We have a very special (lol) thread for kiwis http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...65120-481.html - come and visit!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Corrina is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 100%, although I haven't switched to grass-fed; beginner here so I don't even know where to buy it except buying my own cow from a farm and having it butchered.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, moderately, but considering eliminating it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Organic green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Change in lifestyle, weight loss

Favorite exercise: Elliptical/racquet ball

Favorite Primal food: Nuts

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet, just started

Worst part about being Primal: Not a big fan of meat. Don't like meat fat whatsoever

Any encouragement would be welcomed. Not really sure exactly what I'm doing yet. Would love if someone could help me out with my macronutrient calculations; I've done some, but not sure if I have it right. This is the first time ever on a high fat lifestyle. My whole life it's been ingrained in me to eat fat in moderation. I started my journey a week ago today, but just came across 'The Primal Blueprint' a couple of days ago. Have lots of questions like: Do I have to eat the fat on meat or can I cut it off?, Where do I buy grass-fed meat?, Where do I find fowl, and please don't laugh at me, but is that considered chicken? Can I eat other fruit besides berries without affecting my insulin levels too much?
    Thanks for your help in advance. I understand no one here is a medical professional; just looking for some advice on my journey
    Last edited by Corrina; 01-16-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Big Swede is offline Junior Member

Hello from the Great White North

Your location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Just starting. Three days in and I feel better already. Have done Atkins and South Beach in the past so I have had somewhat similar attempts at a healthier lifestyle in the past.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some milk and cheese without problems.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and cleaner/healthier living.

Favorite exercise: Anything outside

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully I will be healthier and a smaller Swede.

Worst part about being Primal: Cutting out grains.

garyzgirl is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Clinton, Utah

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: High quality, grass-fed cheese in teeny quantities about once a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both (only because I can't dump all my vices at once)

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense, family history of diabetes

Favorite exercise: Chest press/dancing (did Grok dance?)

Favorite Primal food: Turkey and blood-red beef

Best part about being Primal: Energy, fewer tummy issues

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to co-workers and family that I, in fact, am not crazy.

jcs63 is offline Junior Member
    Your Location: Southeast Missouri

How Primal are You: 100% as of a week ago

Do you consume dairy?: Minimally in the form of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for Switching to Primal: Inflammation in knees and hands; addiction to grains

Favorite Exercise: Weightlifting but my it's difficult on my own. My husband and I used to lift together and he guided me through the lifts. Our schedules are different now, and my motivation is lax, so I have to rely on myself. I also enjoy walking but used to think that it wasn't getting me anywhere.....healthwise. LOL

Favorite Primal Food: Fish, pork, beef (I try to buy organic and farm-raised/grass fed as much as possible.)

Best Part of Being Primal: The excitement of a new challenge, the benefits that I will encounter, and the knowledge that I'm eating better/exercising more efficiently than I have before.

Worst Part of Being Primal: I live in a small town so eating at local restaurants may be challenging. Luckily, I'm a good cook and don't mind being the kitchen.

joe1979 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wales - UK

Age (If you want): Young enough to want to - old enough to know better :-s

How Primal are you: I've been primal before but "fell off the wagon." am looking to go back primal again starting from when I wake up in the morning!!!

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no I don't like either although I will occasionally have a cup of green tea with honey if I'm feeling cold

Motivator for switching to Primal: quite a few reasons, my sisters wedding is coming up and I need to lose about a stone and a half but I need to for health reasons to.

Favorite exercise: walking in the mountains with my kids and two dogs

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: I loved how I had loads of energy

Worst part about being Primal: I do find it difficult making meals interesting - always seems to be meat with vegetables or salad

T-Bone 57 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Living in Northern California
    How Primal are you: I'm getting more Primal every day. I've been low carb for almost 2 months with good success.
    Do you consume dairy: I am consuming about a cup of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt a day.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 1 cup of coffee every morning made in a French Press with great ceremony.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I've had weight issues for much of my adult life which has turned into raised A1C. Something I cannot ignore. So I've decided to commit to a low carb lifestyle.
    Favorite exercise: Right now I'm walking 30 minutes a day and doing high reps with moderate weight.
    Favorite Primal food: I really like meat and all kinds of greens. My challenge will be to eat a varied diet.
    Best part about being Primal: The best part of being Primal is its simplicity. I limit my carbs and eat what I want.
    Worst part about being Primal: Initially my biggest challenge was carb craving but now that I have to watch that I don't over eat.

splashdjp is offline Junior Member
    Arizona
    41 (F)
    Just started switching to Primal eating.
    I do consume dairy in the forms of greek yogurt, cheese, cream, etc.
    I do drink coffee in the Fall/Winter - it's more of a warm comfort drink for me. Have never had issues with caffeine so I easily put the coffee maker away come spring when the weather gets warmer.
    My motivator for switching - I have had 3 children in 4.5 years; used to be a avid athlete and have really struggled to get baby weight off. Working out for me used to be a way of life - I was the one at the gym for 90 minutes at least 4-5 days/week. Now working out is a luxury as it's hard to find that sort of time with 3 little ones. I recently saw my sister who is almost 20 years older than me and she is the thinnest she's ever been in her life. She looks incredible. Then her daughter who has also had 3 kids in 4.5 years look incredible too - is thinner than before children and she too always struggled with weight. I knew I wanted to know what they were doing. How did they look so great? I desperately want to get back into some of my great pre-baby clothes.

Favorite exercise used to be recreational basketball, now it would be to go for a nice long hike in the beautiful AZ desert.

Still discovering Primal eating so not sure if I have a favorite food - although I will say that I love eating brussle sprouts and have found some great ways to cook them thru Primal eating.

Best part - I feel much more balanced in my energy throughout the day and I'm not "hurting" if I skip a meal.

Worst part - probably giving up some of my favorite desserts. Anxious to try out some Primal ones though.

guitarfan85 is offline Senior Member
    hi everybody im new here and ive tried the primal lifestyle once and failed. i could have succeeded but its a little more complicated i believe and i didnt know how to fix it. i will have to tell me story in a new thread. glad to be here and i look forward to really being primal!

BCman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hello, I've been lurking on MDA for a few years, and have finally decided to go primal (with my wife).
    I currently started at 260 lbs, and my goal is 200 lbs. Obviously health is my #1 motivating factor, but so is my self respect from looking and feeling good about myself.
    MDA has given me great inspiration and i look forward to being apart of this life style.
    thank you