Page 577 of 600 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 577

RichL99 is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone!

Shop Now
    My name is Rich.

Glad to be here. I've learned so much from reading already. I'm a little over a month in and looking to make this an ongoing lifestyle change.

Your location:
    Greenwich, CT
    Age 50

How Primal are you:
    Started Paleo 30 days ago!

Do you consume dairy:
    Rarely. Sometimes & in coffee, but mostly Coconut Milk for coffee. That's it!

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes, Both but mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Getting healthier. To maintain better A1C for my Type2 Diabetes. To lose wight, look better and feel better about myself.

Favorite exercise:
    Looking for a favorite. I'm about to introduce exercise back into my weekly routine. It's been a while but I have a standard gym membership.

Favorite Primal food:
    Steak and Roasted Cauliflower

Best part about being Primal:
    The way it makes me feel!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Sugar cravings!

luckypenny is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alberta, Canada

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Cut out grains and legumes entirely about 6 weeks ago. Otherwise, I think I've been eating pretty healthy over the last year or so ie. no highly processed foods, we consume organic/grass fed/free-range as much as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in my tea and coffee, occasionally some aged cheese and some yogourt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, one of each daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My teenage son's encouragement that I at least give it a try because the diet recommended to DH and I by dietitians just wasn't working.

Favorite exercise: I love being active in general. I don't see it so much as exercise as simply having fun while moving about my day

Favorite Primal food: I love my steamed veggies and seafood, beef, and chicken.

Best part about being Primal: I love cooking so coming up with interesting meal varieties each day is grand!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm having issues digesting fats and I seem to always be hungry. Hoping to learn how that can be overcome.

PrimalSoldier is offline Junior Member
    Greetings, I'm currently serving as an officer in the US Army stationed in Hawaii and I'm getting back into the Primal/Paleo way of eating as often as possible. I first became introduced to all this two years ago via Dr. Loren Cordain's The Paleo Diet. I lapsed a little bit last year but recently reading the Primal Blueprint and seeing the diet chart for it at my local CrossFit box while at home on leave inspired me to try again.

Your location: Hawaii

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Getting better, I think I'm at a 60/40 split right now but I'm trying to ease towards an 80/20 split as detailed in the book.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, kona coffee is a favorite of mine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well, I stand 5'6" and after my most recent Army Physical Fitness Test I was weighed in at 176 lbs, 22% of that bodyfat according to the Army tape test.

Favorite exercise: I'm quite fond of weightlifting, generally I use very minimalistic programs built around the the three powerlifts or variations of that and the overhead press as well as kettlebell work.

I currently follow Rob Shaul's Mountain Athlete program for my physical fitness.

Favorite Primal food: That's mostly leaner cuts of beef or chicken and rather healthy helpings of seafoods of different varieties.

Best part about being Primal: The fact that the guidelines are reasonable, lean meats, fresh veggies and fruits, roots for carbohydrates and the like.

Worst part about being Primal: Well, being of Filipino descent giving up rice was a rather difficult choice for me given it was my predominant carbohydrate source for most of my life. I've since largely converted to using white and sweet potatoes (trying to lean towards the latter more often) and plantains for my carbohydrates.

PrimalPedro is offline Junior Member
    Hi all.

Answers to "The Questions":

Name: Pedro

Your location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Age (If you want): 44 (just double checked this number, I can't believe it either)

How Primal are you: A truly primal bastard, indeed. Food wise, I eat real food, not too much and mostly meat, veggies, some fruit and nuts. I avoid processed food-like substances, sugar and grains (specifically the Devil's wheat and all hell-based others). I'm a big fan of exercise, sleep and play. Love the primal blueprint and really have tried to apply its tenants into my lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but very selectively. Mostly butter for cooking purposes. I avoid milk like the plague. Honestly, still haven't made up my mind on dairy going forward.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, previously by the gallon, now reduced to a single blissful cup daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I used to struggle with sugar and grains (read: doughnuts and everything else that came to mind) and wanted to get off the weight lose/weight gain roller coaster. This was a natural extension and it works.

Favorite exercise: I love lifting heavy things. Deadlifts and squats are my favorite barbell exercises. I walk my dog for an hour daily and love to do sprints on a Concept 2 or cross country skis. I never run, unless I am being chased, which seldom happens, thankfully.

Favorite Primal food: Pastured, grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: The overall approach to food, exercise, play and rest. It simply feels like the right thing to do.

Worst part about being Primal: Did I mention the lack of doughnuts in my life? No, there is nothing in the lifestyle that is really a "worse part", especially, if you don't take it (or yourself) to seriously.

veggielove84 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Scotland

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: new and trying very hard

Do you consume dairy: only goat dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea occasionally with goat milk I like herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: health I feel awful after having a c section and being very drugged up in hospital I feel worse. I have blood pressure issues too and need lose alot of weight

Favorite exercise: walking and stretching

Favorite Primal food is meat...lamb

:Best part about being Primal: makes me satisfied
    Worst part about being Primal: not sure... eating out I guess

Primal Chris is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

My name is Chris & I'm new to Primal. I'm here because I need a new focus on my health and when reading up about the lifestyle it makes sense.

The Questions:

Your location: Yorkshire, England.

Age (If you want): 39.

How Primal are you: Just starting out so in the process of converting. That's why I'm here. Hell of a lot to think about though & read through.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, especially Cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my morning Coffee. I struggle to function without it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthy lifestyle & to lose weight. I seem to be able to add the pounds as quickly as I run those miles.

Favorite exercise: Running. Despite being a big lad I have now been running again for the last 2 1/2yrs.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet (hopefully being healthy)

Worst part about being Primal: So far it's the astonishment on my wife's face when I told her I was thinking about going Primal. Her first reaction was, 'What the hell am I going to cook for you?'. I think at the moment she thinks it's just another fad but she is being supportive.

jacobsen001 is offline Member
    Hi
    My name is Amanda and i'm here because I was very depressed at the end of last year. I wanted to see if I could change my mood by changing my diet a little. My diet is/was pretty good but a bit low in protein. I wouldn't mind losing about 14lb as well!

Your location:London

Age (If you want):49

How Primal are you:at the mo - 100%

Do you consume dairy:full fat plain yoghurt. No cheese

Do you drink coffee or teanly rooibos tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: mood

Favorite exercise:weight class, and boxing

Favorite Primal food: grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: energy is sky high

Worst part about being Primal: sleep is not so good

myPALEOpregnancy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sydney Australia

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: about 90%

Do you consume dairy: milk in coffee and butter in cooking... that's about it!

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Husband's influence and weight management

Favorite exercise: Running/ Jogging and surfing

Favorite Primal food: Steak and bacon (yum)

Best part about being Primal: That I love meat

Worst part about being Primal: I love(d) fresh white bread

WildTiaga is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone!

Your location: Alaska

How Primal are you: Trying for 100%, at least for a while

Do you consume dairy: Butter and cheese but I am trying to stop

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get cravings under control and lose the baby weight

Favorite exercise: pilates - I go to an amazing studio that has completely changed my body

Favorite Primal food: seasoned ground beef

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling hungry every couple hours

Worst part about being Primal: My husband and I are used to cooking lots of Sichuan food that is eaten over rice and trying to figure out how to deal with that both for myself and the family.

Leanna is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A few of my friends gave it a shot and it worked for them so I decided to try it out.

Favorite exercise: I love to run.

Favorite Primal food: ground beef.

Best part about being Primal: Everything!

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think there is a worst part of being primal.