Page 575 of 638 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 575

simonsl8er is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

Just a quick hello, I've been looking at the site and reading some of the posts for a short while so thought it was about time I joined in!

Your location: Hampshire, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Getting back into it. My wife and I did about 6 months and were fairly "good" but after falling pregnant she slipped out of it and I quickly followed (the lure of pizza was a little too strong!) but now, 6 months into the pregnancy she's decided to get back into it and, after starting to notice the ill effects of carbs again, I'm doing the same.

Do you consume dairy: some, cheese is a real weakness for me at the moment and a bit of milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea yes, and some coffee but cutting that down

Motivator for switching to Primal: general health for both of us and weight management more than loss for me

Favorite exercise: cycling (not as much as I'd like) and swimming (4k per week when work allows)

Favorite Primal food: egg and bacon muffins for breakfast!

Best part about being Primal: energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: no Maryland Cookies

mzlatko7 is offline Junior Member
    Hello my name is Zlatko from Grayslake Illinois

I have been eating primal 3 months...i have a cheat meal 2-3 times a month or when i drink beer 2-3 times a month.

Crossfit is the reason i started primal/paleo and I have lost 30 pounds since 10/2012. I feel healthy and fit.

My day is usually B-eggs and bacon w veggies, L-lean meat w salad half avocado, D-lean meat w veggies.

I snack on almonds,walnuts,fruit and almond butter...1-2 snacks a day. Once in a while ill make almond pancakes or some paleo bars/cookies.

I drink water, coffee, tea, mineral water and beer 2-3 times a month depends how often i go out 28 years old lol.

I crossfit 5 times a week, play basketball,volleyball,soccer, tennis when i have time. Im a auto technician.

Love eating this way because I feel great, healthy, athletic, energetic don't see it as a diet more of a lifestyle

Supplements: fish oil, d3, zma at night, and paleo protein when needed.
    Last edited by mzlatko7; 12-30-2013 at 07:51 PM.

wendscam is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone

So I'm a newbie coming to do the introductory thingy, here goes:

Your location: New Zealand, Northland

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I'm only starting out, have IBS, Gluten Intolerance, Lactose issues, Biliary Dyskinesia, ever since I had my Gall Bladder removed and my pancreas took a huge hit you name it if it has to do with digestion - I got issues with it.

Do you consume dairy: normally yes - yougurt, cream and sourcream, cheese (will forego to start)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, Tea - Red Bush and Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Living Healthy without all the issues

Favorite exercise: Yoga/Pilates, Dance, Walk/Jog, Resistance

Favorite Primal food: All

Best part about being Primal: Yet to find out, Hoping to just feel good, no more pain, no more illness...

Worst part about being Primal: No Pasta!!, I have Italian in my blood.

Looking forward to meeting/making new friends and finding some support on my new journey.

Cheers from Down Under.

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    Hi.

Thought id best put an entry here before I get into this forum!

I started primal/paleo eating nearly a year ago, while pregnant.

I was motivated after I had researched homemade food for my pets, realising commercial pet food is a massive scam and opening my eyes to a bit of the blindness that comes with exposure to media, advertising and big corporations etc

So then i decided to look up what people should really be eating too.

And I discovered paleo/primal.

So now my cats eat primal (sounds so natural for a carnivore!) And so do I.
    I cheat a little, occasional ice cream or pizza, coffee, beer, oh and chocolate!

I have a 7mo son whom will eat primal too, so ill tighten my reigns as he gets older. Im not sure about my stance on dairy yet. Im eating yogurt but I have a slight dry skin issue...

Im here because I want to get into it more. Make time to make a tasty meal. Have recipes and meal plans. Be focused and cheat less. And get into the lifestyle more.

I feel so much better for it! And I know I have room to feel even better.
    And I want the best for my son.

I forget all the questions I was meant to answer! I just rambled.

Fuzzy is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Mary, and I recently went Primal. Glad to be here on the forums!~

Your location: Fujisawa, Japan

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 90% (I do, however, have one cheat meal a week, and I eat limited fermented soy.)

Do you consume dairy: No, not unless it's part of my cheat meal once a week. Although I am not lactose intolerant, I seem to have skinny-fat PCOS symptoms, and ovarian cysts run in my family. So I stay the heck away from dairy. I am, however, curious about goat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually no. I am sensitive to caffeine, so I avoid it most of the time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Needing a low-carb diet to battle both my insulin resistance and PCOS symptoms

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, avcados, and currently Japanese oden

Best part about being Primal: I look more adorable being Primal. It does my estrogen right. ;D

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Japanese white rice. It's very insulinogenic, BUT when it's cheat time...

ddkmtl is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I am Diane
    My son just gave me the Primal Blueprint Cookbook yesterday and I decided to come check out the website! who knew all of you were here!! There are over 5,000 people on-line right now!!! WOW!

I have been overweight and yo-yo dieting for years... on July 1st I committed to going low carb (loosely following the 100 diet by Jorge Cruise) for 2 weeks... It's been 5 months - I've lost 33 lbs - want to reach 50 lbs by July 1st (and then of course maintaining).

I live in Montreal, Quebec, am 48 years young, newbie at being Primal but low carb for half a year...
    I have been consuming dairy - but mostly just cheese and greek yogurt.
    Never had a cup of coffee in my life. Will drink Mint tea if I must (i.e. I am too cold!).
    Want to lose more weight and be healthy.
    Exercise and favorite in one sentence!??! hmmm... I used to like swimming... or aqua-fit - with osteo-arthritis in knees and bursitis in shoulders found it easier to move in water... Have had some success doing exercise videos in my room in the morning before work... Just a walking/light workout for 30 minutes a day - or a dance movement called groove.
    Love Avocadoes and bacon!
    Don't know the best part about being Primal yet - but being low carb has sure solved alot of my tummy issues that we used to think was IBS but obviously wasn't. So feeling better is a plus!
    Worst part about being Primal (or low-carb) - the feeling that fruit is evil... the natural sugar is better than processed obviously but it's still sugar...

I look forward to getting to know people here and to starting a 21 day challenge today... Trying to add more movement to my life... also found a good local organic grocery store where I could order on-line (I hate grocery shopping!) and have a big order coming tomorrow... Also continuing with local rooftop garden organic veggies delivery every week... Just got to learn to wean myself off of chocolate...

Hi! Bonjour!
    Diane

ttiana is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everyone! Brand spankin' New Member here!

Signed up today. This is my first post. Might as well get to it.

Your location: Central Florida, a tiny speck between Titusville and Cocoa, FL, USA

Age (If you want): 45 for a couple more months.

How Primal are you: Just starting out. Still learning the ropes but doing well….I think.

Do you consume dairy: Raw milk from Organic, pasture fed cows but rarely. Once in a while, cheese from grassfed cows or imported from countries with GMO regulations/Anti-Hormone.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee once a day. Tea- only NUMI brand or brewed from fresh ginger. Couple times a month. I drink water, coconut water, coffee, tea, and wine. Been off sodas for over 12 years. Don't miss it one bit.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to lead a healthier life.

Favorite exercise: Started running at the age of 45. Been at it 4 months. Have run 4 5Ks so far and am amazed at how much I enjoy it. I NEVER EVER EVER wanted to be a runner. Was supposed to have 2 level Spinal Fusion surgery in 2010 but changed my life with diet and exercise. Thank goodness! Also, Squats and pushups.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed butter!!! (And Red Wine )

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awesome!! Not relying on Big Pharma to sustain me.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find affordable organic, grass fed meats in my area. No "Whole Foods" out in the sticks.

Looking forward to learning from other people's experiences and sharing my own!
    Cheers, Y'all!

retainedlosses is offline Junior Member

The company's new annoying intern who keeps asking everyone what 'grok' is.

Your location: On Earth, just like you!

Age (If you want): Old enough to drink.

How Primal are you: Not very. I'm still assimilating into the culture. To be honest, I was just eating some gluten-grain-glucose a few minutes ago.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Something came up, and so, my simple sugar intake has to go down!

Favorite exercise: No favourites. I can tell you what I hate, though.

Favorite Primal food: Beef!

Best part about being Primal: Dunno yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Dunno yet

dreamspinner is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    OK...........here goes:

Age (If you want): 67

How Primal are you: I like meat, but I also like all the other stuff too??

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Am overweight, have arthritis and a few other things like fybromyalgia, insulin resistant, had breast cancer, but am now cancer free. Am a candidate for more cancer if I don't get the weight off and the hormones under control. Would like to learn more about paleo vs rawvegan. To help improve my health and lose weight. I get confused with so many differents diets that have crossed my path.

Favorite exercise: I use to love to dance, but with the arthritis and fybromyalgia I walk with a cane and if I go outside I have a scooter that helps me get around.

Favorite Primal food: pork, chicken, eggs,

Best part about being Primal: not sure.............I have issues with constipation..............where do you get your fiber? Should the meat be put on the very small portion size and the vegies and fruits on the larger portion?

Worst part about being Primal: No pasta, bread..............love it.

Any suggestions toward what I have mentioned about would be greatly appreciated. I want to get healthy and be able to walk without pain and dance again. I also have very bad knees.

gollysmum is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, I'm 47 years old and on day two on the Paleo lifestyle/diet after reading the 21 day total transformation. My eating had got completely out of control and I felt helpless to stop eating carbs and sugar as craved it all the time. I normally drink tea and coffee and dairy and pretty much everything so this is new for me. I want to find an eating pattern that will help me lose the 10 kgs I put on over last six months and abit more so that I can be healthy and fit and look good in my clothes which impacts on my confidence. I'm enjoying the omelettes for breakfast I must say and all the protein. Have to say I'm not feeling well, foggy brain, weak limbed and abit nauseas so hoping this will pass soon so I can manage to work. I'm too tired to exercise more than a gentle walk at the moment.