Page 573 of 630 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 573

HappySkippy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Washington, DC area

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you: about 85%. I eat more sweets and fruit than I'd like, but i'm working on that.

Do you consume dairy: yes, mostly cheese and yogurt. I really want to try the raw stuff though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: A desire to 'heal myself' when I finally realized that modern medicine was 'sick care' rather than 'health care'.

Favorite exercise: I've been taking taekwondo for the last 2 years and I love it!

Favorite Primal food: I have to pick just one? A well roasted leg-of-lamb is pretty high up on my 'foods I love' list.

Best part about being Primal: A new feeling of control over my health.. which was rapidly deteriorating because of my prior diet and lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer, more than any other grainy, gluten-y thing... I really miss going to the pub and sampling seasonal craft brews and having a pint here and there.

Kiwigalnz is offline Junior Member
    Hi, it's nice to be here. I've read all the success stories and been blown away with how well those people have done. One day my story will be there too. Here's my details:

Your location: Wellington, New Zealand

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Just starting this week, and aiming for 90% to begin.

Do you consume dairy: a little milk, cream, butter, pro-biotic yoghurt if having a smoothie

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Do herbal tea if I'm out

Motivator for switching to Primal: High blood pressure, pain, permanently swollen ankles, bad circulation, fat and flabby

Favorite exercise: walking the dogs, kettlebell, swiss ball routine, Zumba

Favorite Primal food: salmon, steak, cream, bacon

Best part about being Primal: losing the pain

Worst part about being Primal: missing out on my favourite Christmas fare (

Been dieting for most of my life. Lots of health issues since going through menopause 13 years ago - time to be serious, instead of half-heartedly trying to go primal. Looking foward to being lean, strong, and pain free.

Bel78 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Auckland, New Zealand.

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Not very, but working on it...Now that I'm not travelling so much it's getting easier to shop better, and therefore eat better.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a little milk in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but I have cut down a lot from what I used to drink

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to find a healthier way, CW is definitely NOT working for me.

Favorite exercise: Scuba diving, swimming, walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Hmmm, red meat

Worst part about being Primal: It can be difficult finding quality ingredients here, everything is imported, so the quality of fruit and veg is not optimal and it can be difficult to know how beef was raised (and exactly what it is sometimes, maybe buffalo maybe cow...can be a guessing game at times haha). Also, no pork here, and no alcohol unless I visit a resort for a drink or two.
    Last edited by Bel78; 05-22-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Moved country of residence

DeniseB is offline Member
    Your location: USA - GA

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 50%, but expect to up that shortly

Do you consume dairy: Yes - Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and Jarlesburg cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1/2 caff and Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to lose weight, and get off the carb addiction

Favorite exercise: Rowing with bands, squats, push ups

Favorite Primal food: Salmon, clams, mussels, steak, and all the vegetables except collard and rutabaga

Best part about being Primal: Regaining my health

Worst part about being Primal: Having to deal with argumentative family who think I'm nuts

CBass is offline Junior Member

Introduction

My name is Craig, I live in the UK, recently began the primal/paleo lifestyle - possibly more than 3 months ago and I cannot see myself ever returning to the old western diet. At least I hope I don't.

The Questions;

Your location: Southwest England, UK

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 7/10 for primal-ness, I eat largely paleo LC, but still snack occasionally and I smoke. Haven't touched a soft drink in about 4 months and never plan to again apart from festive celebrations etc.

Do you consume dairy: Minimal amounts, milk in tea and coffee maybe once a day, but I do like cheese once a day (30g).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Bulletproof every day (I swear by this) and maybe 1 or 2 ordinary tea/coffees. Slowly lowering the amount of sugar, usually less than a teaspoon now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Anxiety, depression, being a fat mess and wanting to get in shape. I also have a rather ambitious business plan but I need to practice before I can start preaching. Hopefully, with enough practice, I won't have to preach at all.

Favorite exercise: Full body, weight work out, followed closely by walking/skiing/snowboarding/cycling in nature

Favorite Primal food: SALAD by far. Nothing better than a bowl of leafy greens bright colours and balsamic vinegar!

Best part about being Primal: Energy, clear mind and skin, lean muscle and my mood (when it isn't low)

Worst part about being Primal: Convenience doesn't exist for this lifestyle where I live.

CynKoehler is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Cyn and SO glad to have found a lifestyle plan I have faith in. I've only had weight issues after each pregnancy (7 of them) and struggled to lose 30-50 lbs each time. I can lose about 15 lbs now, but I'm more interested in the feeling great & health aspect and the looking good is a great plus!

The Questions:

Your location: Hudson Valley, NY, USA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Just finishing the first book now. I cut out sugar and grains immediately last week, though I'm still eating ice cream (1-2 cups) a week. CAN I eat ice cream?

Do you consume dairy: (gulp) Ice cream and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Manage anxiety (which can be crippling for me at times), menopause symptoms & overall health. A benign lump in my breast a few weeks ago motivated me to change my entire lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Yoga!!

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel better already. I haven't been doing it long enough to know the best part. Aren't they all great benefits though?!?! :-)

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up sugar

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and very happy to have found all you happy, healthy inspirational people! - Cyn

Silentheroes is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am part of the "over-the-hill" gang! The toughest part will be changing habits of many years. I am working for a 911 service, our days are 24hrs long, but with 3 days off in between.

The Questions:
    Your Location: Houston, TX

How Primal are you: Just starting out, in service days could be challenging.

Do you consume dairy?: milk no, have been known to attack ice cream

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Have cut out coffee some time ago, drink decaf tea when I can find it, drink a lot of herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Heart attack and two stents about two years ago, a personality change, and a very good friend.

Favorite exercise: Riding on my "patrol" bike.

Favorite Primal food: Chopped steak (easier on the "store boughts")

Best part of being Primal: Just starting out, waiting on new "data"

Worst part of being Primal: No more goodies, particularly around the holidays.

Happy Holidays to all!

flammable1 is offline Junior Member
    I've been eating primally for about a year now. Like many, I came across MDA searching for a fix to a chronic condition that appeared about 4 years ago. Giving up grain based food, cold-turkey, was easier than expected, and the incentives of increased energy and elevated mood, were more than worth the sacrifice. Within the first 3 months, I shed around 35 pounds, and my body seems to be happy at its current weight. Now, I'm focusing on regaining all the muscle supposedly lost after age 30.

Name: Susan

Your location: AZ, USA

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Most of the time on target, but if there are sweets or alcohol in the house, I'll often cave.

Do you consume dairy: Increasingly less and less. Working on transitioning from butter to ghee and off cheese, but it's a struggle.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love half-caff Primal Egg Coffee. Add a splash of coconut milk, a teaspoon of ghee, and a dash of 100% cocoa powder and there's a reason to get up in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: While the skin-condition I originally sought to relieve still exists (but under control) the primal life-style addressed so many other issues, physical and mental, that I can't think of a reason to pass on it.

Favorite exercise: Still a gym rat, and anything that burns up energy, not necessarily calories. All of it play, including hiking, biking, kayaking, and golf. (My fantasy is to follow the inspiration of Stimson Bullitt, who began climbing at 50 - so what if he had 10 years on me - and continued until he was 87! He died at 89.)

Favorite Primal food: Meat, fat, 100% cacao, and any combination of the three. Yum!

Best part about being Primal: Energy, and an expanded choice of rich foods, heretofore considered indulgent.

Worst part about being Primal: Watching those I love still under the thrall of Conventional Wisdom, and a Pritikin Diet mind set.

muckducktruck is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dubai

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 60%

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee x 4 a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: children's allergies and weight loss

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: hmm tough one, prawns

Best part about being Primal: lots of meat and fats

Worst part about being Primal: difficulty in applying it everyday life like school lunch boxes and grabbing quick primal food on the go that my kids will eat

GloriousPeanut is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, I actually signed up tonight to post a link to a kickstarter about paleo mayonnaise, though I'm a frequent visitor to the website. Hopefully no one gets too mad about it, I'm just trying to contribute what I can.

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Joint pain/autoimmune disorder, recommended by my brother.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling

Favorite Primal food: Liver

Best part about being Primal: Steak everywhere, bacon all the time

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza