Margret is offline Junior Member

Hi, I'm Margret

Primal Fuel
    Your location: New York City

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Partially

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost my infant son to SIDS on Christmas Day 2011. I am 44 and in a pre-diabetic state. I am totally focused on getting as healthy as I can be and getting pregnant.

Favorite exercise: Walking and Yoga are my equal favorites.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good all over

Worst part about being Primal: Other people think I'm crazy

oklibrarian is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80%-ish, hoping to be 95%+ by 1/1/2014

Do you consume dairy: Heck yes. (not to make you too jealous, but we have a raw milk dairy just outside town. picked up some cheese curds yesterday...)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Spin Class! (don't wag your finger and invoke chronic Cardio at me--she's big on intervals and I typically use it as a sprint workout)

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Cheese, seafood, bacon, a good steak, chicken, bacon, guacamole, sausage, fresh tomatoes, and bacon. Also Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: I have more mental and physical energy than i ever thought humanly possible.

Worst part about being Primal: staring at the bowl of corn chips at the local mexican joint after ordering a nice well-behaved plate of fajitas (hold the starches) and willing them not to go into my mouth (I usually fail, but have learned to limit the damage).

RKen90 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, I've been thinking about switching to a Paleo/Primal diet for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. Hopefully interacting with the forum will keep me on track :P

Name: Rob

Your location: Cardiff, Wales

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Just beginning my transition, but hoping to be fully primal if all goes to plan

Do you consume dairy: At this moment yes. As a test to see if there are any benefits I would consider dropping this out of my diet in the future though

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (many, many cups )

Motivator for switching to Primal: Years of poor diet, I lost a lot of weight a few years ago but have been in a spiral of dieting since. Reading this website has shown me how wide of the mark dieting advice is and I'd like to sort myself out...I loathe calorie counting also

Favorite exercise: Running, usually on a treadmill as it rains a lot here. Biking/Motorcycling, full body workout and it's a lot of fun

Favorite Primal food: Tomatoes, Peppers and Onions seem to be in everything I make, I also love strawberry and blueberry smoothies.

Best part about being Primal: Potential limitless I guess, health benifits, end of dieting cycle, no more binge eating. I hear a lot about clarity of thought which would be fantastic as I always feel foggy.

Worst part about being Primal: My own lack of creativity, I'm not the best cook and I have to learn to use ingredients I've never used before. Don't shout at me but I'm a vegetarian at the moment and eating meat (without feeling bad) will be something I will have to re-learn

Bad Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody! Been reading along here for a couple of months, figure it's time to dive in.

Your location: Central Illinois

How Primal are you: About 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A natural gravitation to eating real foods and less carbs made me start searching for something new, and I came across MDA. I'd like to lose some weight (20-25 pounds), but more importantly, I just want to be healthier, have more energy, etc.

Favorite exercise: Hiking! I just love being outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. (Mmmm, steak.)

Best part about being Primal: I have energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with other people who don't get it, who insist on telling me how unhealthy it is, because "you have to eat grains!"

Histerika is offline Junior Member
    Hi - long-time lurker, newbie poster. I've been reading and watching and getting my cravings under control. I followed PB to the letter about three years ago, lost the excess fat, and then when I had a dessert at a family gathering, I turned back into a sugar-devouring SAD monster again.

Now it's 2013, and I still have PCOS, am insulin-resistant, take drugs daily for migraines, and hit my Eek!-weight in June. I started eating more Primal again over the summer, cut out grains again, and lost 10 pounds. I've been following the PaleoPlan 21-Day Paleo Cleanse for the last couple weeks, and feel fantastic. I'm starting to worry about what I'm going to eat when the Cleanse is over (very strict Paleo) and I need some support. My goal is to kick the Metformin and get back into the "healthy" range on the weight charts.

Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: strict Paleo (no dairy, eggs, nuts, seeds, nightshades...for now)

Do you consume dairy: no (for now)

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of green tea/day

Motivator for switching to Primal: expand food options, and lose weight

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: feel better

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to other ppl why I don't eat things with them (esp. family!)

iknwthpcsft is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado, USA

How Primal are you?: Unfortunately, about 50/50

Do you consume dairy?: Sure do!

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a stressed out graduate student and I've recently lost both of my parents to cancer... like within the last 9 months. I've adopted very poor habits, have stopped exercising, and have gained weight. I feel sick, tired, and frankly, very gross.

Favorite form of exercise: Hiking, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and good ol' strength training

Favorite Primal Food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: I haven't taken the official, dedicated plunge yet so I can't really say. But I know I will be feeling better soon.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to others why BREAD IS REALLY BAD FOR YOU.
    Last edited by iknwthpcsft; 11-06-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Forgot half the questions.

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Your location: The South, US

How Primal are you? Depends - Sometimes 80/20 - Most of the time 90/10 or 100%

Do you consume dairy? Yes - Whipping cream in my coffee and an occasional glass of organic low-fat milk when I crave it

Do you drink coffee or tea? Coffee - Would drink tea if I enjoyed it sweetened with Stevia

Motivator for switching to Primal: Bloating from grains - would like to get to my ideal weight before menopause

Favorite form of exercise: Treadmill

Favorite Primal Food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: No more heartburn or bad dreams, hours more sleep at night, positive changes in my body's appearance

Worst part about being Primal: Eating away from home -- restaurants don't have 100% primal options, no more southern peas and butterbeans or organic sourdough bread sandwiches
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Aussie Dave is offline Junior Member
    I'm loggewd in as AussieDave. I've been a fitness finatic and google researcher for years. In my early thirties I obtained the ability to put on fat despite lots of exercise. After a few years of trialing differents methods to combat the fat, I stumbled on some information about diets incouraging natural release of human growth hormone. From there I've stumbled onto mountains of information which pull apart the carbs based diet, I've live on my whole life.

Your location: I live in Biloela, a small town in Central Queensland, Australia

How Primal are you: My diet has changed based on recent research and isn't specifically primal. My diets consists of 50% fat, 30% carbs and 20% protein.

Do you consume dairy: No diary at all.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No cafeinated or sugered drinks.

Motivator for switching to Primal: 20 years of conventional training and getting fat.

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Home masterchef, hundreds of favourite meals.

Best part about being Primal: Huge dinner meals and inpenetrable immune system

Worst part about being Primal: Suffering on the bike while waiting for fat adaptation

Mutton is online now Senior Member
    I should have done this a while ago! My name is actually Matt; from Australia.

I've been struggling through a few helath problems, and PB has helped immensly, although I'm not all the way there and have started including more starch, as per PHD.

Your location: Tasmania

How Primal are you: Less than I would like to be...

Do you consume dairy: Very occasional sheep or goats cheese and yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Personal illness, family friends, research.

Favorite exercise: hiking, sometimes kayaking.

Favorite Primal food: There are too many! I'll say lamb cutlets.

Best part about being Primal: Improved health!
    Also no longer worrying about eating things I supposedly "shouldn't"; like coconut cream and crispy skin, as well things I never liked but thought I should, like margarine and wholegrain toast.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating at friends places and restaurants (sometimes).
    Last edited by Mutton; 11-14-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Finra is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Finra (pronounced Fin-rah) and I'm from Hong Kong, living in New Zealand.

I am 22, and I'm 85 to 90% primal. (I think.)

I consume dairy in terms of cheese and cream. I substitute cow milk with coconut milk.

I don't used to drink coffee, but this year I have started drinking coffee. My favourite coffee is Flat White; and if I wanted a blend, it would be Mocha, but then that wouldn't be primal anymore (unless I make my own with cocoa powder?)
    As a Chinese, tea is a general practice; I don't drink it often, but when there's tea served I will drink it.

My motivator, in terms of getting fit and 'ripped' would be my ex-boyfriend who is MIA in the Mexican Defense Force for the past few months now.

Then there is a guy called SanosukeX that I've met on Dangerously Hardcore Forums, where I was in my first few weeks to 2 months of the induction phase entering ketosis, and then onto carb backloading. From there I changed to Carb Nite since I don't lift at all. Then I begun to lift after looking into it a bit more and I was told as an endurance athlete I really need those carbs, so sometime here and there I let myself eat a kumara.

My favourite exercise is apparently, lifting. I love seeing my muscles tense up and form appearing in front of me in the mirror looking all muscular yet still feminine (heck, I at the moment can only lift 20kg to 25kgs!) I also enjoy doing Wing Chun, but I don't really look at Wing Chun as doing an exercise but "working on a painting."

My favourite primal food would be bacon and eggs cooked in coconut oil. Roasted macadamia nut meringues would come second!

Best part of being primal is that I can eat more carbs as opposed to being on Carb Nite or in a Ketogenic Diet and eat more good fatty foods!!

Worst part? hmm.. that'll have to be when I can't cook my own dinner but eat what my brother makes.. and if none is primal, I refuse to eat it!! He usually adds sugar and salt and pre-made sauces into his cooking which I would never ever put in if I was the one cooking. A similar bad side about that is when I eat out I need to be cautious of what I eat and how often I go out to eat. I in general dislike dining out either way as I really enjoy cooking

I will be writing my journal soon!

Nice to meet you all~
    Last edited by Finra; 11-15-2013 at 01:20 AM.