Page 566 of 630 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6293

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 566

Prevarications is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Rochester, NY

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 100% (with the exception of Mayonnaise)

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I am hoping to help alleviate some of the symptoms of the disease.

Favorite exercise: Walking, when I can, and playing with my children.

Favorite Primal food: Rutabagas.

Best part about being Primal: I am putting myself, and my needs first.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook three different dinners every night. One for my husband who is a vegetarian, one for our two young girls, and then one for myself. I am hoping to change this once they see how well I am doing, and loving the primal food choices.

I am 12 days in, and still going strong! Woohoo.

Loka is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone..... I'm a new Asian female to this forum and would just like to introduce myself....😊. I stumbled upon this website & has been following the forum thread for a month before I finally picked up the courage to join in (my first ever public announcement that I have an eating disorder!).

Would be be great to hear any help from all of you!

living in : Asia
    weight/height: 48kg / 163cm / around 10kg fats (according to my scale)
    hobbies: running, baking, eating (ESP sweets &#128534
    Medical history: diagnosed with high cholesterol (above 300 points) last December. Stopped having my period since May 2012 - don't know why???

reason for wanting to go primal:
    I've been on a compulsive eating behavior since 2 years ago when I fell in love with running. Would go all out bingeing whole day uncontrollable on everything insight in a day - 5 to 8 scoops of ice creams, 3 to 5 slices of cakes or bread at one seating....uncontrollable bingeing, especially on desserts, for 2 to 3 hours nonstop. I would feel so guilty & bloated and then I'll take laxatives to make myself feel better. I'll start the next day feeling bloated & telling myself not to repeat this again....will be good all the way till after dinner....then BAMM....it starts all over again with late night dessert binges!

the worse thing is I do all these in secret by myself cos I feel so ashamed of myself.... I am hoping to try primal living so that I don't have to keep tracking my calories everyday & be able live normally like my peers around me. (Doesn't help when I'm living in Asia where rice and grains is the staple food)

help! 😫😓

HardGainGrok1836 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Texas

Age (If you want):19

How Primal are you:95% (Sriracha....)

Do you consume dairy:Only Organic and Local

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Its the natural human diet

Favorite exercise: Squat

Favorite Primal food:Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Ignoring 80% of Grocery Isles

Worst part about being Primal: None

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Whats up everyone, just saw this thread, so I figured I would comply with the "obligatory" rules lol.

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Pretty primal, I've completely eliminated grains from my diet, legumes and really limit nuts. I have recently fallen (back) in love with dairy and its amazing taste and benefits. Train heavy and hard, varying how many times per week. Would like to play more (never enough play)

Do you consume dairy: Absolutely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea mostly, coffee on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons. Coming from being a bodybuilder grains were the staple of my diet, so I'm reaping a lot of rewards from the switch.

Favorite exercise: Too many to choose one, although I suppose for now it would be weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: Meat + Greens + Cheese

Best part about being Primal: Health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: Eating the delicious out unhealthy food isn't quite the same. (feel wise)

Jglangen is offline Junior Member

Joining the crowd

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Le Roy, NY

Age (If you want): 70

How Primal are you: Somewhat,Right now focusing on lower carbs

Do you consume dairy: Some yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: fish and seafood

Best part about being Primal: health

Worst part about being Primal: restrictions

lmdavenport is offline Member
    Good morning all, my name is Lydia, and I'm 34 in Canoga Park (Los Angeles), CA.

I've been reading MDA for a while now, and have been low carb, but am making the commitment to being primal. I would say I start off 80% primal. I do consume dairy, but have been working on limiting it in the past few weeks. I am a heavy coffee drinker between 6am and 10am, but I've switched to decaf.

As for why I switched to primal..... it just makes sense. I come here for the science, so figured why am I not doing it all 100%.

My favorite exercise is either swimming or hiking. I rarely get to go swimming as I HATE public pools, but I do get to go hiking 1-2times a week. My favorite primal food is probably this Italian concoction I made: bacon, chicken, tomatoes, onions and pine nuts. I usually serve with a steamed veggie of some kind. I know BAS is big, but since I was forced to eat salads as a child, I gag every time now. I'm trying really hard to incorporate them, but so far..... no such luck.

Best part of being primal: how I feel when I make healthy choices.

Worst part of being primal: the thought and effort that goes into it.

NWIsBest is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vancouver, BC

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Diet: No grains. No dairy other than a little butter. No processed foods. Mostly eat a lot of bone broth, roasts, all kinds of grass fed meats, and lots and lots of vegetables. Avoid starchy vegetables for the most part. Lots of veg juices. Some fruits every couple of days. No eggs - I can't handle the smell or taste.

Lifestyle: Barefoot or barefoot-like footwear the vast majority of the time. Exercise is still too 'workout' based and not enough play; enjoy hiking, swimming, cycling, and start climbing tomorrow. Sleep 8+ hours most nights. All natural hygiene products.

Do you consume dairy: Only grass fed butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only organic green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and son. She read the GAPS book but it sounded too regimented, Paleo sounded reasonable. I wanted to finally be fit and healthy again. I wanted to be in less pain which has been chronic since a serious car accident. I wanted to be able to serve my wife and play with my son.

Favorite exercise: I'm not sure yet, my pain stopped me from enjoying exercise. One day I'd love to be able to ski and mountain bike again. I'd also love to hike and camp.

Favorite Primal food: Anything my wife makes, she should have a primal cooking show and restaurant! Pork butt roast is a favourite.

Best part about being Primal: Less pain and more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: The feeling of everything I do being intentional, I find it hard to switch that mentality off. I don't want the pain levels to increase again.

PrimallyMiM is offline Junior Member
    Hi!

Your location: The Netherlands

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal. I have actually been a vegetarian for 20 years, including a vegan stint, and have now made the switch. Which is still a bit of an ongoing process, it's only been a few months. Baby steps! Albeit mental baby steps mostly, physically I'm superduper, it's pattern and thought process I need to flip and switch.

Do you consume dairy: Only hard, old cheeses, or unpasteurized soft brie,a nd the occasional gloop of grassfed butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I'll have a black coffee with a splash of almondmilk, or a green tea, please. Thanks

Motivator for switching to Primal:Being actively conscious on how to be the best me I can be and in a manner that is most beneficial for my body as it was designed to perform.

Favorite exercise: Sprinting and squatting!

Favorite Primal food: I heart food, period So if it's primal, I'll love it.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling strong in my conviction that I am making the healthy choice of lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: I've not come across any unbearable no-no's yet.

R3bekah is offline Senior Member

OK, I'm putting my foot in the water!

Hello everyone, I have been lurking on this site for about a month and am trying to break out of my shell so here it goes.

The Questions:

Your location: Colorado, USA

Age (If you want): 35-it's just a number.

How Primal are you: About 80% I would say.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my coffee, cheese, butter-I do want to cut down.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to feel better and I also have a bit of fat I want off of my body forever.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Tilapia and a big salad

Best part about being Primal: It's simple.

Worst part about being Primal: Finding things to eat when out.

LemonMarie is offline Junior Member
    Your location:The Bluegrass

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I ate only meat and veggies before getting married in January. Now it's a struggle with so much temptation swirling around (with my new family) daily. I try, but I'm not 100% primal like I was before being married. It's depressing.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, now I do anyway. Prior to January I only used heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance.

Favorite exercise: Water aerobics, hiking, yoga and the eliptical. Haven't done any of that regularly since getting married and having to work, cook, and tend to the house. Husband works second shift. He tries to help though.

Favorite Primal food: oxtails, short ribs or steak (if it's good quality and cooked right).

Best part about being Primal: I slept better, skin was better, weight fell off and I was told that I would be taken off my metformin on my next doctor's visit. That never happened. My entire life changed in January.

Worst part about being Primal: Temptation exists at every turn in my house. I praying for strength and help. I even considered moving out. I know it sounds extreme, but my health is very important and my A1C has not been good. I know I can control what I eat, and I try. It's just, as I said before, so much temptation around (unlike when I lived alone.) I try to remember to let my food be my medicine, and my medicine be my food. SIGH. It's just harder now.

You all seem really nice around here. Thank you all for so much helpful information and for sharing. I'll keep reading and maybe I will gain strength from some of you. You all seem to have it all together! Thank you kindly for reading and have a blessed day.
    Last edited by LemonMarie; 10-22-2013 at 02:53 PM.