laetitia787 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: France, near to Paris

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: a beginner of 100% primal

Do you consume dairy: No or rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, streigth and weight

Favorite exercise: I used to run but I know it is not ideal, I will soon begin the exercises recommended

Favorite Primal food: fish generally

Best part about being Primal: be in harmony with nature

Worst part about being Primal: misunderstanding of other

purple60 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Houston

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: The past 2 weeks.....very

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt and hard cheese....

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Love Atkins but wanted to go a step further with eliminating processed foods

Favorite exercise: TRX variety...

Favorite Primal food: Now addicted to Liver and Onions. Help

Best part about being Primal: More energy

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing!

taotetrav is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Idaho Falls, Id

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you: getting there

Do you consume dairy: cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, daily, with hazelnut creamer

Motivator for switching to Primal: strength, health, and weight loss

Favorite exercise: martial arts

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: i'll figure that out as I go along

Worst part about being Primal: i'll figure that out as I go along

So, I've been reading and 'playing around with' Primal since about June. Half-assedly, I've gone from 240lbs to 220lbs. I still have a way to go. Hope that this forum will keep me motivated during this progress.

nr223 is offline Junior Member

hello

The Questions:

Your location: oh

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you: rather new have tried before but got turned off it because I am an endurance athlete and needes more carbs and feared fat

Do you consume dairy: very little in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: feel better, eliminate bloat, loose ten, increase overall health

Favorite exercise: pull up

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: health

Worst part about being Primal: trying to be okay with eating a lot of fat

QcGal is offline Junior Member
    Hi!

I posted for the first time today but I have been reading for a couple of weeks. Here I am:

French Canadian, F, 40 yo, single mom of a wonderful teenage girl.
    I consume dairy only in coffee (cream, not milk, but more and more I replace it with coconut milk)

My motivation for switching to Primal was that I wanted to quit smoking and I was afraid of gaining weight, being already 30 lbs overweight. I did quit, a month ago, and I've been Primal for 2 months now. And I am loosing weight. *see me smiling*

I do 15 minutes of yoga in the morning, straight out of bed, then some squats and push ups. I walk 40-45 minutes in the evening and if it rains (which happens a lot in the fall here) I do some more yoga, push-ups, sit-ups and squats at a slow pace for 30 minutes.

Favorite Primal food: BBQed steak with lots of spinaches.

Best part about being Primal: Health, absolutely the whole health! I feel better, I sleep better, I look better!

Worst part about being Primal: So far, can't really complain.

Belinda J is offline Junior Member
    Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: just started so I'm not sure yet

Do you consume dairy: Just a drop in my dandelion/chicory root tea but will phase that out due to PCOS

Do you drink coffee or tea: just roasted dandelion/chicory root "tea"

Motivator for switching to Primal: PCOS & Endometriosis, history of recurrent miscarriages. I want to drop 65 pounds

Favorite exercise: Hiking/bushwalking

Favorite Primal food: no favourites (yet)

Best part about being Primal: not sure, I have only just started. Until today I didn't even know there was a difference between Primal and Paleo so I have alot to learn

Worst part about being Primal: no more toast dripping with melted butter
    Last edited by Belinda J; 10-08-2013 at 04:23 AM.

eddygrrl is offline Junior Member

Moving from Seattle to Prague is challenging my Primal lifestyle!

Long time MDA lurker.

Finally joined the forums because we just relocated from the US to the Czech Republic three weeks ago, and I'm struggling to continue our primal eating habits. The Friday success stories always inspire me, so I figured the community in the forum might be good support as we make this transition. (Any Czech groketts out there?!)

The two major challenges are the bread and beer, which are my weaknesses, and sourcing the food variety that we are used to at home (coconut and almond flour) - especially when I don't have a lot of language yet! That said, most restaurants are cool about leaving off the grain and adding extra veggies when asked. I still would like to cook at home more.

I'm happy to note that life without a car has organically added lot more primal movement (like walking, carrying groceries) to my day. We also take more walks in the evening to explore the city, and I've started sprinting stairs and doing body weight workouts at home.

Your location: Prague, Czech Republic

Age (If you want): mid 30s

How Primal are you: At home, I was effortlessly 90% but that's slipped to at least 75% since moving. I also IF 2x week.

Do you consume dairy: In moderation. I have a soft spot for sheep and goat cheeses, and will take whole milk in coffee occasionally I stick to mostly almond milk in coffee though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both! No coffee after 3pm and only herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband went primal almost two years ago and took me with him :-) He looks FANTASTIC and feels great. Plus, I'm a total carnivore and the promised land of sustainable meat based diet without going to Atkins extreme won me over. (it IS possible to OD on bacon alone. Trust me.)

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: I have new appreciation for coconut!

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat until satiated without feeling guilty/stuffed, saying good bye to chronic cardio (I hated the elliptical anyway) and being in the best shape of my life with the least amount of effort.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I do miss bread...and beer... ("Croissants, I can't quit you!")

(I envy my husband because he very easily goes 100% - some truth to the stereotype of German discipline - and resists the slightest temptations. Standing at the cafe counter, I still find myself battling an inner temper-tantrum-throwing-three-year-old while trying to avoid eye contact with the baked goods. I definitely "fudge" more since we've moved and I have the snug pants to prove it!)

Fdispenza is offline Senior Member
    My name is Frank, Italian-American male.

Your location: New Jersey.

Age (If you want): 56 years old at this writing.

How Primal are you: Meat, fish, birds, eggs, leaves, berries. Endurance and strength training.

Do you consume dairy: Some. Full fat yogurt, heavy and light cream for coffee and protein shakes, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee daily, sometimes tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Insulin resistant, gluten intolerant, want to lose about 25 lbs of fat, lessen or eliminate systemic inflammation from grains.

Favorite exercise: Mostly weight training exercises, walking, some running, trail biking.

Favorite Primal food: Pork.

Best part about being Primal: No wheat belly, better blood profile.

Worst part about being Primal: People don't understand.

Nulius In Verba is offline Junior Member

Age : 46, Weight 159lbs, height 5'8", waist 34" - target is 32"

How Primal are you:

100% but working on getting more organic produce regularly, which is not easy here, and trying to eat more seasonally

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, yoghurt, have cut out milk completely and enjoy occasional old stinky cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee and herbal tea, usually camomile

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight, feel healthy and avoid doctors

Favourite exercise: walking about in the city, which I do 5 to 7 miles everyday

Favourite Primal food: quinoa, avocado, steak, eggs, 80% cocoa dark chocolate, extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: fitting into my old clothes, feeling great, not getting ill, I mean NEVER, no colds, no flu's, nothing.
    I've recently taken up surfing at the age of 46, with no aches or pains afterwards. I've got my taste buds and sense of smell back. The smell of bread/cakes/fastfood makes me feel queezy. I'm also helping other people at work go primal too. Not having to go to a gym, EVER. Being able to drink red wine. I live in Chile, all the red here is fantastic.

Worst part about being Primal: 1) eating out in restaurants. i can taste the vegetable oils used
    2) worrying abut what my 4 year old daughter eats
    Last edited by Nulius In Verba; 11-09-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Citizen is offline Junior Member

Intro

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Location: NJ, USA (ask me about how it's not like you see on TV)
    How primal: Variable really. Depends on the sample size (day, week, month, year). Believe in perfect being the enemy of good but fairly well disciplined about it.

Dairy: yes, though very little. I'll add cheese to things for sat fat and because hey, it tastes good.
    Coffee or tea: both yes but since I've made the shift much less coffee and way more tea.
    Motivator: GI distress and body comp. Will wait for another spot to go into long history but mine was both a health issue and dissatisfaction over how I looked physically.

Favorite primal food: tough to pick one so I'll take a staple meal. Eggs cooked in bacon fat with raw green onions and slow cooked flank steak in a cumin heavy rub. (see my avatar)
    Best part of primal: Progress. Along with my gym routine heavily influenced by Mark's direction I have seen continuous and real progress in both how I feel and how I look.
    Worst part: I miss beer. Crafty type stuff. A good cold beer in a tall pint glass... the taste, the smell...
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-11-2013 at 11:07 AM.