Page 562 of 625 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 6245

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 562

Nillos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Germany , near Stuttgart

How Primal are you: pretty much 100% for everything under my control - for the rest I pray they don't use too much cheap veggie oil (my grandma is big on rapeseed :/ )

Do you consume dairy: occasionally- mostly yogurt , sometime cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally - mostly black tea, some coffee both with a sip of milk. Or just a big cup of cappuccino in the coffee shop.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Furious pete's transformation story :O (he's probably not fully primal but hey ~)

Favorite exercise: Squats - for some reason I'm no good at pushups :/

Favorite Primal food: Coconut oil (that was the first sign on the trail leading to paleo/primal), Sashimi/Sushi (there was this Sushi bar that opened by the time I discovered paleo), Goulash (because I can finally do the full fat version yum!).

Best part about being Primal: More energy, less health problems (asthma, allergies, GERD, diarrhea, insomnia, depression) , less weight.

Worst part about being Primal: Watching friends, coworkers and family members repeating the same mistakes that I've made with visible negative impacts on their energy and emotional state... and then being unable to convince them. Also still trying to find a recipe for primal friendly 'Maultaschen' /:

MeFirst is offline Junior Member
    San Luis Obispo, CA but born and raised in Sao Paulo Brazil.
    Just started the lifestyle switch thinking it would be very hard, my husband is not huge on changes specially food changes but he is doing it a little and being very supportive of me and my choices. My first week and I am doing ok.

I love milk and yogurt and have not given it up completely but did not have it everyday either like I usually would.

Coffee, mostly decaf at home. 1-2 cups a day.

My motivation is to loose and keep weight off. Just started working with a trainer who is pointing me to the right direction without making a big deal of it. I was unable to go back to running after my ankle surgery and weight just came and never left. Had no energy for anything but work. About to complete my first week and this past weekend I went kayaking and biking, out to dinner (made smart choices) and had energy left!

At the moment I do not have a favorite exercise, I used to be a runner but I am digging personal training a lot!

Favorite Primal food...don't have one particular recipe yet. Will try some dessert. I am huge on dessert and need to find something that resembles chocolate anything.

Best part: so far the filling of being full without overeating
    Worst part: no yogurt or cereal

balletteach is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

LA, California

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Will be completely primal after losing 30 lbs, have always been a fruit only till noon person, as per fit for life in 80's and cleansing the body with all the nutrients of fruit and lots of veg. but now mostly berries and lots of veg until I shed fat. Big sacrifice for me giving up all the diff fruit I used to eat but I understand its only temporary. My body does not react well to the low carb atkins which led me to here. Have 3 kids and I cook international and have been teaching ballet for almost 15 years.

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, yougurt, cream and sourcream, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee, and all the lovely flavored creamers mixed with whole cream. I give up 10 carbs every morning with this. very hard to break. yikes

Motivator for switching to Primal:

6 mos ago Fell upon low carb when researching why I was always tired in late afternoons, it was sugar lows. tried atkins hated it, then read "Art and science books..." relatively recently and have finished my 1st week trying to get keto adapted. Waisted 6 mos chasing my tail, with dry eyes from losing sodium too fast and not replenishing my potassium. Finally figured that out with trace mineral drops loaded with sodium and all other trace elements. It works immediately. No more dry scratchy eye.
    Favorite exercise:

Ballet teaching, 1/2 hr walking daily. Need to focus more on my own fitness now and not others as teaching doesn't keep you toned. Want to really start to understand strength training.

Favorite Primal food:

brussel sprouts spinach, blueberries

Best part about being Primal:

constant energy

Worst part about being Primal:

havn't experienced optimal primal yet as I have to stay at 50g carbs a day until I loose weight.

Jesslea75 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Burton Latimer, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Not very. My brother is Primal and I'm wanting to be. I have joined this forum to help me get started and stay on track.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but very little. I have switched to Lacto-free but am trying to gear myself up for the full cut-off. It's hard since there are 4 milk monkeys (children) in the house and they drink it like it's going out of style.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Builders tea with a tiny splash of milk. I drink lots of other teas without milk, though.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I've been overweight/obese for the majority of my life. I have recently been diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and one of my biggest triggers is simple carbs. I've known for a long time that when I have a protein rich breakfast I'm pretty much set for the day but if I have cereals I could go through my day pac-man style...never feeling satiated at all. I want to make a change that can be permanent and not feel like punishment. Paleo seems to tick those boxes.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and Yoga (though the latter is both difficult and comical at 24 stone!)

Favorite Primal food: Steak and pretty much all vegetables.

Best part about being Primal: I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm dreading giving up bread and pastry, but I know I really should!

mom2kgirls is offline Junior Member
    Hi -
    I just discovered this website yesterday and after quite a bit of reading, I am ready to start and do the 21 day challenge. I am sure I will need the support of others!
    I have been gluten free for the most part for almost 3 years; through some "work", I determined I am gluten sensitive, meaning I can have small amounts occasionally without distress. For the most part, I don't miss it, but do consume other non-gluten foods that I will need to give up to be "primal". Last year, I was apparently mostly primal without knowing the term, because I was trying to lose weight for my daughter's big wedding. I was eating 1-2 protein shakes daily and only veggies and protein for about 4 months beforehand. I lost about 20 pounds. The frustrating thing is that I have now gained it all back, and I was in search of what to do next. After discovering this site, I realize it now that is probably because I added the "insidious healthy grains" back that Mark talks about, as well as stopped exercising. I had gotten very bored with what I was eating, but was so busy that it didn't matter for a while. This year I have done a lot of traveling and strayed from many of my healthier habits. I realize I am not starting completely over, as I already have adapted many of the primal steps, I just need to get back to what I was doing before and tweak other parts of my life!
    I am so glad I found this forum and look forward to sharing the journey with others! I am already excited about many of the recipes I have discovered on here!

The Questions:

Your location: Seminole, Florida (Near Clearwater/St Pete in the Tampa Bay area)

Age (If you want):late 50's

How Primal are you:not sure- just starting!

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt and a little cheese (mainly feta), I use Almond milk instead of regular

Do you drink coffee or tea: green, white and herbal teas; I have caffeine restrictions

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and be healthier

Favorite exercise:inside - the WII; outside, biking

Favorite Primal food:not sure

Best part about being Primal: probably getting back to basics

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet!

hildie23 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I was very primal two years ago, lost 30 pounds, felt great. Then I went to work on a ranch in Montana, where the chef made practically everything with wheat in it, spinach, wings, barbeque sauce, chili...everything was floured or had flour in it. Then I found out I was pregnant, so I tried really hard to stay primal for the baby. Until my third trimester when my husband took a job in Maryland. With a limited income cross country move, a tiny kitchen in our new studio apartment with only a microwave and electric skillet to cook with, and pregnancy cravings, I completely fell off the wagon. I gained 25 pounds in my last trimester (yikes!). We now have a full size kitchen, my husband is hunting again, and I want to raise a healthy son. So I am back at it. I have been mostly primal for about a week.

Do you consume dairy: I do eat dairy (we have an Amish farm down the road with raw milk, butter, and cheese).

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Originally, to lose weight and to go on it with my parents so that they could live healthier lives. My mom is allergic to gluten (breaks out in hives and gets sinus infections) and my dad has Type II diabetes, so the primal way of life was the perfect solution to our problems. Now it is to lose weight again, but also to raise a healthy family.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Elk steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great

Worst part about being Primal: Having a husband who insists on eating bread. Watching my sister-in-law raise her son on mac and cheese and chicken nuggets

mom2kgirls is offline Junior Member
    Hi- I have been "there" with dealing with social situations and comments. I hope this forum can give us all the support we need! In social situations, I found the best way is to say "I don't eat that anymore because of my health", if queried, I just say it makes me sick. Giving more information than that seems to invite much more input or discussion than I want. Traveling is the hardest for me, have not been successful with it, which has caused me to regain 20 pounds and I am sure I am bloated from inflammation again. SO frustrating to think I am starting over again, but trying to keep my thoughts positive!!

Gagh is offline Junior Member
    Hello there,

my name is Gagh. If there are any startrek fans out there they’ll know 'gagh' is best eaten when alive. I live near Amsterdam in the Netherlands and am 39. I see myself as a Primal wannabe. I am not there yet but am working on it. I do consume dairy and drink tea every once in a while. My motivation for primal living? It just sounds logic doesn’t it? My favorite exercise must be walking and playing with my dogs. A couple of weeks ago I rediscoverd bacon and find that so jummy. Being primal has surely bumped up my energy levels, made my sleep sounder and makes me feel less bloated or heavy. What I do not like about Primal living? That most interesting programs on the television are in the evening and thus way past my newly bedtime.

I am very pleased to meet you,
    Gagh

Gianfranco is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody, my name is Gianfranco, and I am Italian. Very good forum, and very good blog. Thanks Mark!

Your location: I live in Budapest, Hungary, and Siracusa, Italy

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: I have been trying the paleo/primal for 2 weeks now, after 2 months of Zone diet. I still more or less follow the protein and carbs intake suggested by the zone, but I have cut cereals legumes and dairy

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea, I have cut the coffee after the first week of primal, because my IBS seemed not to improve

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be lean and healthy

Favorite exercise: I am a runner. I know that endurance is not considered primal. I think I will avoid to run more than 40/50 minutes, therefore.

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: mental sharpness

Worst part about being Primal:none!

ciao, Gianfranco.

CANIable is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hayward, California

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Right now 60%

Do you consume dairy: Very Little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, Iced or Hot

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health Issues/Disability

Favorite exercise: Barefoot Walking/Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: Fish/Ground Turkey neck and neck.

Best part about being Primal: No craving or feelings of missing out.

Worst part about being Primal: No Bread....I love bread.