Page 561 of 625 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 561

Chewy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone, glad to be among you.

Your location: England

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Recently started so just learning the ropes, but hope to be right up there with best of 'em.

Do you consume dairy: Milk and a little cheese. (I stopped smoking in March, easy! Cheese may be a habit that's with me forever, I'm afraid.)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, 2 cups each per day (with milk)

Motivator for switching to Primal: A few weeks ago I was told by my doctor that my cholesterol level was high. I asked "why is that relevant?" and my journey of discovery began; I quickly re-educated myself on what my diet should look like (grains, fats, etc.) and started exercising properly again. I have recently found PB, all the little bits of info I'd been reading about diet and heart health suddenly fell into place, the package works for my head which means it's likely to work for my whole.

Favorite exercise: Sprints. They send the dog nuts, she's getting fitter too.

Favorite Primal food: Anything's flesh

Best part about being Primal: Eggs for breakfast... and a slightly smug feeling about being one of the few in possession of this golden knowledge. I will spread the word but I'm not going to become a primal bore.

Worst part about being Primal: Controlling my sugar craving, jeepers!! I had no idea I was so addicted. I'm sure the pain will pass.

Danielrh is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Just starting, but I would guess 75 to 80 percent

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and heavy cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: mostly decaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dr. visit tagged me as pre-diabetic and upon reviewing the illness determined my problems with extreme drowsiness are linked and so out with the sugar. Found this lifestyle and out with the grain. Doing much better and now those couple of pesky pounds are going away too.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, Jogging, Bicycling. Looking to get into playing some kind of sport.

Favorite Primal food: The meat!

Best part about being Primal: Confirmation of building thoughts that sugar is evil and fat is good.

Worst part about being Primal: When work brings in sandwiches for lunch. Tough to get enough to eat with all that filler gone.

Whanau is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

How Primal are you: started my primal journey 7 weeks ago. Aiming high at the moment - maybe eating 85-90% primal. Will adjust when I get to target weight and feel more confident about what and when to eat.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I love it - I live in New Zealand so grew up eating plenty of butter, creamy milk and cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee or flat whites

Motivator for switching to Primal: feeling bloated, tired, heard about Wheat Belly and started to research a bit on line. Developing ideas that white flour and sugar are baddies. Found Daily Apple, the approach resonated with me, so gave it a go!

Favorite exercise: sprint swimming, walking my dog in the forest.

Favorite Primal food: breakfast - bacon, mushrooms, egg and greens, cooked in coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: Way more energy, weight dropping, feeling younger and my skin is looking great

Worst part about being Primal: Husband is skeptical. Although he's enjoying my results so far!

christ013r is offline Junior Member
    Hello Friends,
    I myself Christoper Rupert from Emmaus United States. Just joined MarksDailyApple to know your all experiences and to share my own stories. Looking forward for a valuable read...

Finallyat56 is offline Junior Member
    I am a 56 year old female that discovered this web site and ordered some of the books a couple of weeks ago. I have done a few things like this before - low carb type lifestyles - and I always feel better when I eat this way. Have been doing this now for 3 days. So far so good. I have not found a program that is quite as comprehensive as this one, so all the information here is really good. I do have a question. Off and on over the last year I have done green smoothies and just wondered if what I am putting in them would constitute a "Primal Breakfast". Yes I am substituting eggs a lot, but on the days that I want to do green smoothies will these ingredients work. I do not juice. I do whole foods. So here is the ingredient list: apple, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley, spinach, coconut milk, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, sometimes frozen mango, sometimes almonds, almond milk and protein powder. The protein powder is Garden of Life (vegan ,ala the Clean Gut program of no dairy), but I find that the unsweetened all organic whey protein makes a way better smoothie. I have to get more calcium into my diet. I suffer from kidney stones and they are entirely calcium oxylate stones, so need more calcium to bind up oxylates and my diet tends to have a lot of oxylates - you know all those really healthy things like spinach and nuts cause kidney stones - at least for me. So I want to know if this would work as a Primal Breakfast??

aks
    aks is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Little Rock, AR
    How primal: just starting out. Have cut a lot of carbs but still eating some. I already feel some better.
    Motivation: to have more energy, be more mentally focused and help all this arthritic pain go away
    Hardest thing: giving up sugar in coffee.

Wynn42 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,
    My name is Wynn, and I am 23 years old.

I grew up in San Diego, but I have recently moved around a lot and ended up in Central Oregon with my parents.

I am not sure how primal I am right now. I am not very consistent. One meal at a time. Every breakfast is primal, and my dinners increasingly so, but everything else is the luck of the draw.

I consume dairy right now because of the local farmer's market. Once that is over, probably not.

I do not drink coffee. I drink tea every once in a blue moon.

I always knew there was something wrong with CW. When I read the book, it just made sense.

I love walking my dog, and recently started learning how to do handstands.

I haven't found a favorite primal food yet, but I will eat just about anything wrapped in bacon.

The best part of being primal is giving myself permission to have fun! Also, it gives me motivation to try new foods.

The worst is that it ruined several of my favorite 'foods' I can't eat them now without feeling sick

concept408 is offline Junior Member
    Hello all!

Your location: Bay Area, California

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: newbie

Do you consume dairy: raw milk kefir and heavy cream in my coffee on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: looking to heal my IBS

Favorite exercise: hill sprints

Favorite Primal food: wild salmon

Best part about being Primal: everything!

Worst part about being Primal: giving up sugary pastries

Helvetika is offline Junior Member
    Hello from Saskatchewan, Canada!
    I'm 56 years old and have been doing primal unknowingly for about 2 months, with some slip-ups only in the week before last when on a trip.
    The only dairy I eat is a cottage cheese and flax oil mixture for breakfast that is recommended for cancer and arthritis (I do not have cancer but of course would like to avoid it).
    I quit drinking coffee completely in July of this year following getting a flu bug. Now I drink tea or very occasionally a coffee substitute made from figs, dates, nuts.
    I've been dealing with what seems to be immune system problems, constantly getting sick, and after coming back from a trip where I did consume some wheat, and then getting these alarming swellings on my lips, inside my mouth, and then coming down with yet another virus, I've been looking for answers. Ended up on this site and I love the whole philosophy of primal. Always was a bit of a health nut and body building way before it was common for women, however for few years, I was really down, and gave up on myself, and had terrible habits. I no longer have the nice figure I once had, even in the 40's looked better than in my 20's, but the last 5 years have been rough, and now I guess I'm 'skinny fat', lost so much muscle.
    Haven't been exercising, was walking, but have not walked in the last 3 weeks since my beloved old rottie died. Seems weird now.
    I love salmon, and steaks!
    losing the cravings for junk and the health benefits
    Difficult to stick to when not at home, has an impact on socializing, ignorant comments

Cerise is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone!
    I started my primal journey with giving up sugar in April through the Sweet Poison Quit Plan which introduced me to MDA. i then progressed on to the Primal diet in August. I discovered that I consumed far too much fibre and consequently damaged my intestines resulting in serious constipation issues. I am now on the road to recovery thanks to my naturopath and the information on the Marks Daily Apple site and book The Primal Blueprint.

Now the questions:

How Primal am I: I eat meat (beef, lamb, pork, poultry), eggs, nuts and seeds, some dairy (butter, cheese, cream) and plenty of vegetables and a little fruit.
    Do I eat dairy: Yes, I have no issues with it
    Coffee or tea: Definitely coffee and green tea
    Motivator for switching to primal: See above
    Favourite exercise: Walking my dogs (a Newfoundland and a St Bernard) twice a day
    Favourite food: All of it
    Best part about being Primal: Great improvement in my body shape (not much weight to lose) and makes me feel good
    Worst part about being Primal: Eating out which means making very careful choices.

Even after only 2 months, I feel so much better now, although I know that I still have some way to go to repair the damage of the past however many years.

Best wishes to you all.
    Diana