Page 560 of 601 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6004

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 560

KBrooke is offline Junior Member
    I have been Primal for 6 weeks and have loved every minute of it. It was a very easy transition, surprisingly. I don't have cravings anymore. I am down 17 pounds and my goal is to lose another 20 or so. I'm not in any hurry to lose it, for the first time in my life, and ironically it's coming off faster than anything I've ever done before! My husband is also on board with me and also down about 25 pounds. It's a LIFESTYLE we can keep as far as we can see. I love reading the post and everyone's success stories. I welcome motivation and encouragement, I'll be doing the same for others, now that I have signed up!

Your location: Norman, Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I would say 80%. I have cut out all grains, sugar, and legumes. I haven't gone all grass-fed, but I do buy organic when possible. I have only chosen to "cheat" once, and that was for birthday cake on my birthday. It was easy to stop after half of one piece because it just didn't taste as good as it used to!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I do. I'm slowly cutting back, just haven't dove all the way in on that one yet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I have one cup of coffee in the mornings. Tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose the baby weight in a healthy way and improve energy levels.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, swimming, and evening walks as a family

Favorite Primal food: Steak with mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: How wonderful I feel. Not just about my weight loss, but my mood, my outlook, my energy levels. I feel like a new person! My body and my head!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince everyone else that it's ok to eat like this, I'm not going to die without grains!

sproink is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Rural, Wild Upstate New York

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Hm. I am 75% primal. Coeliac disease keeps me away from most grains. Migraines take me away from the others and sugar, etc etc. I couldn't walk before I started going primal in 2012. Now I'm ready to ease into exercising (more) and going deeper.

Do you consume dairy: very occasionally. Only the good stuff (creme fraiche, homemade yoghurt, occasionally a home made sheep feta... nothing aged - migraines)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink my husband's espresso and tea. He makes awesome espresso...

Motivator for switching to Primal: my Rheumatologist in Dresden, Germany followed by dear friends in California. Now I live in Upstate New York... which is quite a culture shock.

Favorite exercise: Yoga and Swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Ground turkey lettuce rolls (from "Practical Paleo")

Best part about being Primal: Walking, not being depressed, managing chronic pain.

Worst part about being Primal: It's a huge amount of work and it's hard to budget in the US. In Germany, it was very easy since farmer markets are normal shopping places that aren't priced only for the wealthy and eating veggies and meat is very normal. Seriously, food shopping in the US is an unnecessarily difficult thing... and the simpler the food, the more it costs. Don't let anyone tell you that farmer markets in Europe are more expensive.

*I'm grateful my friends and spouse don't give me crap. Sometimes I get an eye roll, but I respond with a little dance (since I couldn't do that in 2011). I know I have a lot of weight to lose (50 lbs) to manage my pain even more. I need a wide support network for that, which is why I'm here.

FlannelCaveman is offline Junior Member
    1. Your location: Seattle, Washington, USA

2. Age 23

3. How Primal are you?: Recently became more strictly Primal, though I occasionally have a cheat treat (beer & dark chocolate!)

4. Do you consume dairy?: Yes. Heavy cream, butter, cheese.

5. Do you drink coffee or tea?: I live in Seattle sooo... coffee daily (1 or 2 dark cups). Tea every now and then.

6. Motivator for switching to Primal: Despite being in my early 20s, I always felt bogged down and unable to enjoy life (both physically and emotionally). I heard about Paleo/Primal on the internet, and will never look back!

7. Sprints, weightlifting, walking, hiking, skiing in the winter.

8. Favorite Primal food?: Beef beef beef

9. Best part about being primal?: I finally feel like I've found an enjoyable and sustainable "blueprint" for getting the most out of my life and health.

10. Worst part about being Primal?: Sometimes my friends get sick of me talking about it haha

SherryM is offline Junior Member
    1. Your location: Riverside, California, USA

2. Age: Will be 43 this November

3. How Primal are you?: I have been Primal for 27 days solid.

4. Do you consume dairy?: Yes. butter, some heavy cream, some cheeses.

5. Do you drink coffee or tea?: Yes - both

6. Motivator for switching to Primal: My blood pressure, lots of weight to lose, was once very athletic and want to feel and look good again.

7. Favorite Exercise: Walking, yoga, short sprints, Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD for when it's too hot even early morning or evening to go outside.

8. Favorite Primal food?: MEAT!!, Spaghetti Squash (new favorite), Shrimp

9. Best part about being primal?: I am already feeling better and sleeping better. No headaches. "bloated" feeling immediately gone, my kids (all very active with water polo, volleyball, etc) are proud of me and are really cheering me on.

10. Worst part about being Primal?: I am 1/2 Korean and married to a Bolivian American. I miss RICE. A lot.
    Also a little bit difficult is the cost. I know it's worth it and we will adjust - we have to do it!
    Going to try to keep track of all this on my "secret" blog. It's called I like rice...a lot. Only my sisters know about it for now...and you all. hehe

Short-n-sweet is offline Junior Member
    Hi folks. I'm Amy. I joined and introduced myself a couple of years ago then life hit and I haven't posted since. Now, I'm back. So I thought I would introduce myself again.

Your location: Eastern Washington

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: About 80%. I was a good grokette for about three months about two years ago then, as I said, life hit and it was all I could do to get SAD food on the table. Have been slowly working my way back to primal. Now, it just seems like the normal way to eat and live.

Do you consume dairy: My family refuses to give up cheese so, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 1 cup of coffee each morning and herbal tea or ice water the rest of the time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband, 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son have familial hypercholesterolemia. My son also has asthma. We've already seen improvements in my daughter's cholesterol and my son's asthma. As for myself, I was tired of feeling older than I am and I want to lose weight and be healthy. Besides, eating Primal just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, swimming, landscaping/gardening and rebuilding my house

Favorite Primal food: Meat, juicy, juicy meat.

Best part about being Primal: I feel great and my family is getting healthy. Oh and the juicy, juicy meat.

Worst part about being Primal: Umm... can't think of anything.
    Last edited by Short-n-sweet; 09-20-2013 at 11:09 PM.

kavakona is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Cebu , Philippines

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: just about 70%

Do you consume dairy: Yes , At times .

Do you drink coffee or tea: I dont drink coffee , yes , tea , I drink a lot .

Motivator for switching to Primal: better lifestyle

Favorite exercise: running , hiking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: better lifestyle , healthier

Worst part about being Primal: none

Sunyata is offline Junior Member
    Hello friends,

I'm 28 and am coming out of a lot of depression in my life. I'm fairly intelligent, but underachieving, although not in an especially bad way, more just mediocre way that leaves me somewhat above functional financially. Not that any of these details are necessary, but they are the image through which I experience my current position and are thus largely related to the force through which I am motivated to eat healthy, work out, and do whatever I can to maximize my corporeal experience.

The depression largely came through terrible conditioning and a tumultuous family life combined with more immediate factors such as having a chronic and horrifying genetic condition called Neurofibromatosis, which can have symptoms ranging from mental retardation on the mental side, to complete bodily disability and disfigurement on the physical side, usually in the form of dozens to hundreds or even thousands of usually-benign tumors occurring anywhere on and in the body. I luckily so far have avoided mental symptoms it seems, although I do have social problems. I don't have many tumors yet, but I did have my lower left leg amputated in middle school after years of attempts by surgeons to save it.

Anyway, in my late twenties, after really being dragged through the absolute lows of misery and despair in a lot of ways, I am emerging on some level a hyper-motivated person to maximize this life, get the most genuine joy out of it, and do whatever I can to take care of this body and minimize the impact of my illness, if possible. Doctors offer little help other than to say there is no current treatment to minimize the disease. So ultimately, like a lot of people who have come back from serious illness, I am saying I have to try anyway, and find out stuff on my own, mainly with supplements, diet, and exercise. My new girlfriend, the first girl I ever went on a date with, took that approach to life after contracting Lyme Disease and other health conditions, and it really inspired me.

I will become more involved with the forum as time goes on. Right now I'm just ensuring I eating fresh meals at home rather than going out for lunch and maybe dinner every day, and I am thinking of going non-organic until I have the budgeting/system down. Because I'm trying for the first time at anything in life, sometimes this just means scooping sauteed vegetables into my mouth with grass-fed Applegate hot dogs, even if I don't like it. I am detaching from the idea of getting super excited for food and using it as a joy-based experience, and directing it more towards a spiritual experience of nourishing my body.

Anyway, hello.
    Last edited by Sunyata; 09-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.

DebbyL is offline Junior Member
    Hello, from British Columbia!

I have been on pretty close to primal (without knowing it) for the last year & a half, only my diet was not including dairy or fruit. And I ate oat bran every day for my grain. I'm intolerant of processed foods & going to a naturopath for adrenal fatigue, so she put me on more restrictions than I had already put on myself. (dairy)!
    I lost 42 lbs over that time & have been maintaining that loss for a year.
    My latest goal is to drop a couple more lbs. & build my metabolism up, while enjoying fruit.
    Today was my 5th day on the changes I've made, and I've been really happy with how its going.
    I switched to cream for my coffee (just can't quit coffee), and have been enjoying greek yogurt instead of my oat bran breakfast
    I enjoy walking, x-country skiing, elliptical, strength training, stacking wood.
    Looking forward to getting the book (ordered yesterday).
    I probably have more questions about primal then knowledge. I've seen a few things that have me wondering "what is that"?
    like: steak & eggs?
    & 80/20 ?
    But I imagine those things will be answered by the book.
    don't know what primal food is favorite... I'm loving all my foods... and least favorite... lack of sweeteners.

perryw is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fishers, IN

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 5 days in

Do you consume dairy: Yes, don't intend to quit

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lost 30 pounds from the end of January to the end of May, then I stalled out. I've read about the carbs, and it makes sense, so I'm going to give it a try

Favorite exercise: I enjoy running, training for another half marathon right now

Favorite Primal food: Probably eggs

Best part about being Primal: Encouraged to eat eggs and sausage and bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Bread. I love bread, and even kept a sourdough starter for a couple years. Getting off the bread will be tough.

Manda63 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Italy

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Very when I want to be and I want to be again...

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Live healthier

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Coconut

Best part about being Primal: Energy

Worst part about being Primal: None