Page 558 of 620 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 6194

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 558

yogamomma is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi All. A week ago, I stumbled across marksdailyapple via the documentary "The Perfect Human Diet." I immediately started giving the primal lifestyle a try.

The Questions:

Your location: Detroit, MI

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Hard to say because I'm so new and don't know all the rules yet. I'd say 80-90%.

Do you consume dairy: No (does butter count?)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've had major digestive issues/irritable bowel for as long as I can remember (starting in high school I guess). I've tried giving up meat, dairy, acidic fruits, caffeine. Nothing's ever made a difference.

Favorite exercise: YOGA!!!!!

Favorite Primal food: hmmmm, I love beef, eggs, coconut oil (just discovered it today), avocados, lots of vegetables, lots of fruits, nuts, olive oil.....pretty much the whole diet. and bacon (but not sure if that's primal).

Best part about being Primal: so far, my stomach pain, bloating and other digestive ailments (too gory to list), are disappearing.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm doing it on my own (for now). I have a husband and three kids that are pretty much continuing on as usual. Every time they eat anything non-primal (e.g., pretzels, wheat bread, bagels, cereal, spaghetti, etc.), I want to yell "don't eat that!!! it's poison!!!"

MrsRobinson is offline Junior Member
    I'm here in the wilds of North Central PA, 43 years old. I am a very strictly Primal, I eliminated wheat, sugar, bad oils, and legumes a year ago this Friday and I have lost 85 pounds to date. I consume very little dairy because I'm a milkaholic and it was slowing down my progress, I cut it completely for 30 days and discovered that I felt better without it. I do drink coffee and tea, because I'd probably choke out a coworker without it. I started this life to address some bothersome health issues and all of them have been eliminated. I live in the mountains so I love hiking. And a good grass fed sirloin. The best thing about being primal is that it is natural, doable, sane, and doesn’t make me feel crazy. The worst thing is knowing what would help people I love feel better, but they won't listen.

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Hey, another Dutchie on MDA! (Referring to the first post on page 558)

Your location: The Netherlands

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: Blergh. Not at all. Yet. I live with my parents, who would probably get a heartattack if I even mentioned Primal to them. *You NEED the vitamins from bread (they're ADDED, for Grok's sake!)* *Fiber's only found in bread, right?* *ZOMG Sat Fat will kill you!* So, mentally, I'm Primal. I exercise Primally (lots of walks, occasional sprints, 65 push-ups a day every day unless I'm sick, 2x 60 seconds of planks... my abs are dead after that, calf exercises and "exercises" to get my stubborn hamstrings to relax)

Do you consume dairy: Yup. And grains & all the crap too, unfortunately. Don't shoot me!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. I absolutely HATE coffee. I don't like the bitterness. Even though I like 80% dark chocolate... hmm...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. And before I accepted it, I hoped that it would lessen my autistic "symptoms". No need for that now. And I want a flat belly and a only-just-visible six-pack. And some more butt wouldn't hurt, either.

Favorite exercise: I actually hate exercise. Not because of the pain, because strangely, I like that, but because it's so boring. You can't read or write while doing push-ups. (Well, you could if you do push-ups with one arm, that'd be: face, meet book, for me.

Favorite Primal food: Ribs. Ribs ribs ribs RIBS!! And a decent, bloody steak too.
    I hate potatoes. My Mom boils them to mush. I actually swore to never eat potatoes again, once I live on my own. Glad I didn't include sweet potatoes in that oath.

Best part about being Primal: Uhh... Well, I've been almost Primal once, at the time I had an internship. Breakfast and lunch were Primal. Man, I could go HOURS without food. Lunch was either a small salad, a tiny little cup of full-fat yoghurt and some mac nuts. Lunch was eaten at 12 P.M and I could go without eating dinner. Without getting hungry at night.
    And holy moley, I could BREATHE! I noticed that, when eating less gluten and grains, my windpipe... I don't know, loosened? Relaxed? Maybe I'm asthmatic? (sp?) But now I'm back to breathing uncomfortably. And I don't think my parents would believe me, since I've never complained about it.

Worst part about being Primal: Ehh. I dunno? I'll find out about it in three years or so, but for now, I'd say family members who think you're crazy. That'd be the biggest "burden" for me, I guess. My parents believe everything doctors and CW says. So I'd deliberately clog up my arteries and eat myself high cholestrol and a heart-attack. (I didn't know that eating myself to a heart attack could be so delicious )

Bavaria is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Germany

How Primal are you: 90% with food, 20% with exercise, 80% sleep and sun

Do you consume dairy: some cheese, very seldom cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss (12 kg since easter), sleep difficulties, pain in my feet

Favorite exercise:yet to be done

Favorite Primal food: veal liver

Best part about being Primal: new kind of hunger: I am never desperately hungry, just the feeling I could eat some nice food

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to people

Hi everyone,
    I have read so many post from nice interesting people here over the last weeks, I wanted to join the forum.
    I live near Munich in southern Germany with my daughter (21) and my son (18). In German I am "alleinerziehend" (= alone educating = single mother) but I think, education chances are over.
    I work as a high school teacher for mathematics, physics and computer science.
    I like reading a lot, I have read many books and internet articles on nutrition, often contradictory, but in the last years everything seemed to come together to a way of living like primal or perfect health diet.
    I like cooking and we have a tiny garden (30 square meters) just 3 km from where we live.
    Today, before school, I went there by bycicle with our small sheltie dog and got about two pounds of potatoes, some carrots, onions and broccoli and some herbs. Broccoli were grat for lunch.
    I am invited now to have coffee (and probably cake, hopefully I will stand the temptation) at a good friends's, I will bring her some of the herbs (parsley, majoran?) together with dried mushrooms I bought in the Italian mountains in august.
    I have found so much information and wunderful motivation from all the people here, I want to thank you all for sharing your lives and giving advice and support and encouragement here.
    Last edited by Bavaria; 09-17-2013 at 06:57 AM.

B_Bergfeld is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fort Sill, OK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Just started, trying to go all-out

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee every morning with Stevia

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall fitness, military physical training

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Walnuts, pistachios

Best part about being Primal: Already noticing a change in my body since starting two days ago. I have much more energy throughout the day, with more focus on tasks to accomplish

Worst part about being Primal: No carbs! I am a huge carb fiend, so it will take some major adjusting to stop eating pasta, pizza, etc.

I'm going to try and document my transition into the primal lifestyle while fitting into a military routine, so hopefully keep an eye out for future posts!

GWright is offline Junior Member
    Location- Lees Summit, MO

Age- 59

How Primal are you- for over a year.

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: Bullet Proof Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal- was overweight, tire all the time and blood work was horrible. My son gave me a Paleo book to read and have been every since. Dropped 45 lbs and have my blood work in line.

Favorite exercise: None but I hit the tread mill and bike 3-4 times per week.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak

Best part of being Primal- feel better than I ever have. Losing weight and since Paleo my sinus headaches have disappeared.

Worst part about being Primal- eating out. Rarely do anymore.

Paleo has changed my life. Can't thank my son enough for getting me started.

sjoshua is offline Senior Member
    Hello All!

I'm a long time lurker, occasional blog post commenter, and new forum member.

The Questions:

Your location: San Jose, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Very primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes; cheese, butter and heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: On occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been following a "primal" like diet template for over 2 years now; I was initially following a slow carb diet, then naturally transitioned to a more primal template (ditched the leugumes) due to personal taste/preferences.

Favorite exercise: Playing! (climb trees, swim in the ocean, bicycling, roll around in grassy fields, chase my dogs)

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef.

Best part about being Primal: I enjoy the entire lifestyle; its the most natural way to pursue optimal health in my opinion.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, really. If I had to pick "something", I'd say the difficulties with others understanding my dietary choices.

SunnyGirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Western Australia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Just starting to adopt the Primal lifestyle through the 21 day Challenge. So currently probably about 60-70% Primal. Much room for improvement here!!.......

Do you consume dairy: Yes. But hope to limit considerably - a small dollop in tea and some occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. 2-3 teas a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lead a healthier life style. To stop having a constant battle in my head over food. To hopefully eliminate the need for my asthma medication.

Favorite exercise: walking the dogs on the beach.

Favorite Primal food: Looove bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't figured that out yet, but hoping one of the benefits to be free from the shackles of food!

Worst part about being Primal: None I've come across yet

HashiStroke&PFO is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:
    Tampa, FL and Sofia Bulgaria (sorry, I am undecided on the location yet!)

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Very, very primal.

Do you consume dairy:
    Only if I have to get on a plain because I think the plain may crash and I may die so I would eat ice cream. I read in all paleo books that is totally totally acceptable! Just kidding )

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    No coffee, no tea. I've never been a coffee drinker even when I worked as a barrister, and drinking tea, what's the point?

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    A stroke caused by a PFO (holes in my heart) that caused me a permanent peripheral vision blindness in my right eye, and a Hashimoto's.

Favorite exercise:
    It used to be yoga when I was a vegetarian who used to look like an anorexic super model. I am a dude, I do look like one now and I have the energy to walk and bike so I do like going to the gym a lot.

Favorite Primal food:
    Grass fed beef/stake

Best part about being Primal:
    I can read people's minds!
    No, I can't do that, but my sex drive and stamina have gone from nonexistent to at least once per day. Oh God, I hope nobody is ready this...

Worst part about being Primal:
    It is so darn expensive plus I may have to hire a cook. Actually, I don't really need one. I eat raw most of the time.

DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Oswego, NY, USA

Age (If you want): 20, Male, 5'10" 144lb

How Primal are you: 100% caveman, but I live in a house.

Do you consume dairy: I do not, but i used.to and seemed to process it fine.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I will drink tea more in the winter probably, but I only drink coffee if Im on a long drive.

Motivator for switching to Primal: tryna cure psoriasis. Been primal for 6+ months, but recently made adjustments to heal my gut. Making progress!

Favorite exercise: Ive trained bodyweight for three or more years, so I really enjoy movements like muscle ups, pullups, pushups, and pistol squats.

Favorite Primal food: I love steak.

Best part about being Primal: being healthy

Worst part about being Primal: whats not to like? I used.to go through 3 cups of brown rice in two days. Stopped cold turkey, and havent craved once. Never really loved carbs.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app