Page 554 of 601 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 6001

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 554

WHATABURGER is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Howdy Y'all, I am WHataburger from Houston, Texas, I am 41 years old, I want to be primal! I currently drink milk. I do like coffee but not a regular user. I am fat and out of shape, I dont want to be anymore! and I like this going back to the basics train of thought! I love to run!My favorite food is eggs! I am not sure about the best and worst parts of being primal yet I am sure I will learn!

cavemancarlo is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Marbella, Spain

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you:
    Getting more primal every day...a personal trainer of mine always told me to put on lean muscle and keep fat down i had to eat like a caveman...finding this site has re-enforced that idea.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes...I love my cheeses but am trying to quit

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    yes...green tea more these days but I do love a strong coffee in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Lose body fat increase lean muscle mass

Favorite exercise:
    Turkish get-ups....they are sheer murder but it feels great to finish your sets

Favorite Primal food:
    Steak...I love fresh raw steak carpaccio

Best part about being Primal:
    the first 200,000 years of mans existence cant be wrong

Worst part about being Primal:
    Do i have to give up beer ??

Paleo1982 is offline Junior Member
    Well I pretty much was eating primal before reading the book. I work as a personal trainer/fitness supervisor and have been interested and fascinated by health and fitness for the better part of my life.

I am currently living in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I am 31 at the moment.

How primal am I? Well if I had to say I would say I am as primal as I need to be and happy with where I am at but always looking for ways to improve myself. I walk everyday, stick to the basics mostly for working out, do not chronic-fast paced cardio. I pretty much eat no-carbs minus the occasional burrito when I feel like it. I avoid almost all dairy with the exception of real grass-fed butter.

My motivation for switching to primal is that I feel like I have always been wired to be this way and a lot of signals in my life have been leading me down this road and now that I have found Mark's book I feel like it really has just solidified what I have known all along or tried to do. I must admit the eating more fat thing has probably been the part that has messed with my mind the most.

Favorite exercise is easily the push-up. I will do close to 200 hundred in one of my 20 minute workouts. I also love pull-ups but more so because they challenge me so much.

Favorite primal food is probably venison tenderloins with butter and fresh garlic. Only get them once a year but I look forward to them every time. Otherwise anything with fresh bison in it.

Best part about being primal is the energy I have.

Worst part about being primal is that I can be very cynical sometimes and when I walk through places like the state fair last night it hurts me and bothers me to see so many people poisoning themselves. But it is their body and their choices so...

I am happy to be a part of this community and look forward to getting even more primal and learning from everyone on here.

Mommyto4 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Richmond, Virginia

Age (If you want): Will be 37 next Tuesday!

How Primal are you: I just started and I'm still learning more about it....Ideally, I would be 100 percent primal, but realistically it will probably be closer to 90 percent.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black tea--hot in the winter, iced in the summer. I don't like coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues over the past year--I had high blood pressure from my last pregnancy (which seems to have finally come down). Recently, my doctor said my cholesterol is elevated (although just barely) and she wanted to put me on medication right away without even discussing any other options until I asked. I started researching and decided I want to have a healthier lifestyle instead of being stuck on a medication with potentially debilitating side effects.

Favorite exercise: I've always enjoyed walking. I'm finding that I really love dancing to music in our living room. Yes, I look like a complete fool, but I don't care!! It makes me so happy and it's a really fun way to get moving.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados--yum!

Best part about being Primal: I'm only on day 3 but I'm amazed by how much easier it is to move around. I suddenly feel light on my feet (hence the dancing!). My little aches and pains are gone. I almost have more energy than I know what to do with!

Worst part about being Primal: I get hit with some serious hunger pangs!

Taikaann is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk kefir, cheese, butter, and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea, herbal tea, no coffee (because of the caffeine) wish I could though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Multiple health problems

Favorite exercise: I enjoy walking

Favorite Primal food: I'm not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: It's closer to the way my people eat (Athabascan) which included Moose, Spruce Grouse, Rabbit, Ducks, Geese, Fish, Mushrooms and edible plants.

Worst part about being Primal: Detoxing from carbohydrates

DebbieRN is offline Junior Member
    Questions: Too many to ask at the present time.

NOT PRIMAL, yet.

Dairy: little right now but enjoy yogurt normally
    Coffee: daily 2 cups
    Motivator: 50 and living more healthy.
    Favorite exercise: really, none till I get into it
    Favorite Primal: Not eating primal, but I love steak
    Best part of being Primal: unknown as of yet
    Worst part: Learning the "ropes"

kserrec is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pomona, California

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Mostly?

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea daily. Coffee rarely (maybe once a month)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be healthy

Favorite exercise: Pullups

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Feeling well.

Worst part about being Primal: Wanting ice cream, cake, pie, etc.

severina418 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Georgetown, Ohio

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Trying to be very primal

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: I felt better when I did it in the past!

Favorite exercise: Swimming or volleyball

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: How I'll feel

Worst part about being Primal: Limited variety of foods

Tara ATX is offline Junior Member

Hi y'all!

Your location: Austin TX

How Primal are you: I would say...about 90%. I live alone and cook my own meals, so I have total control there. I never eat fast food and only occasionally go out to eat, but when I do, I make the best choices I can without being over the top about it. I'd never want to be "that girl".

Do you consume dairy: Yes, high quality, in small amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee w/ a bit of almond milk. Tea when I'm sick, but not often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense to me! I started about 3 1/2-4 years ago and I just feel better all around when I'm eating fresh, REAL, high quality foods. I had about a 6 month fall off the wagon and just felt awful! I was cranky and moody. Had headaches and gained weight. All the proof I needed was staring me right in the face.

Favorite exercise: Hmmmm.... I consider me and exercise colleagues, but we're definitely not friends! Lol! It's something I have to do, I just don't like it very much. Yeah...I guess my favorite exercise is "group" exercise. Crossfit made me love working out. But, I think that had a lot to do with the people I got to play with. Not that I didn't get a great feeling of accomplishment when I beat a PR, because I did, but without that terrific group of people, I'd have been bitching all the way thru it! Sadly, I had to give it up (not for good, I hope!) about a year ago and have really struggled finding pleasure from working out by myself.

Favorite Primal food: Hard to say...depends on what I'm cooking for the week. I get excited with every new weekly menu I plan... And, I LOVE trying new foods and new ways to prepare foods.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great and the knowledge that I'm putting the best stuff I can into my body.

Worst part about being Primal: I still miss bread. Not how it makes me feel, but the smell of it and the texture. It's always bittersweet walking past the bakery and smelling fresh bread and pastery...

Smile Excited to join this group!

PrimalCon New York
    Hi everybody,

Your location: beautiful Durango, CO

Age (If you want - yes, I want it, being young was much harder): 56

How Primal are you: 75% as of 3 days ago, waiting for my books to arrive

Do you consume dairy: butter and whipped cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal teas on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: optimum health and fitness, putting ON weight, improve energy, stamina, and flexibility

Favorite exercise: Argentine Tango

Favorite Primal food: coconut in all forms

Best part about being Primal: increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: have to eat less whipped cream ... ?