Page 553 of 626 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 553

ginafirenze is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    sick of trying to find a nice guy on the bar scene….oops wrong website. ANYWAYS - have been lurking on this site for far too long and decided it was time to give posting a whirl. a friend of mine passed recently and after spending too much time in hospitals, etc, finding healthful, primal food sources wasn’t the easiest and i fell off the bandwagon (there’s always an excuse, isn’t there?). i have put on a few lbs since being primal-compliant and with that gain, i have lost confidence in myself (5'5" from a solid 135 to a not-so-solid 151 --- eep). i have decided that writing this down would force me to hold myself accountable and get my sh*t together. so, here it goes…

How Primal are you: about 85%...would like to be 95% (ideally, 100%, but i'm not quite sure that’s the world i live in)

Do you consume dairy: kerrygold butter and brie, on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. not daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i feel, look, and sleep better when primal. i get to eat delicious foods that make my body feel and look great. i love to cook and have had so much fun trying new recipes, and re-creating old ones, primal style.

Favorite exercise: anything and everything…love being active. i really enjoy soccer, volleyball, gymnastics, and my sprinting sessions.

Favorite Primal food: oh god. how much time do you have?

Best part about being Primal: feeling confident in my own skin

Worst part about being Primal: the comments: ”are you on atkins?”/”you need healthy whole grains”. trying to date in this city and dudes taking it the wrong way when i tell them i don't feel like splitting an appetizer -- it's not you, it's the deep fried nonsense that would ultimately leave my stomach in knots 30 minutes post-consumption. CW bs, in a nutshell.

it is so nice to finally "meet" all of you -- look forward to posting more in the future!

shannona is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Diego

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: NO Idea what they means, but based on answers below....Probably not very

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee in the am

Motivator for switching to Primal: not sure that is what I want....looking for advice

Favorite exercise: none...I quit! After doing 8 months of Insanity with a trainer, and following their diet, not losing 1 inch, lb or oz, I gave up!

Favorite Primal food: ?

Best part about being Primal:??

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] ??

Primal Kas is offline Member
    Your location: Las Vegas, Nevada (yea Sin City)

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: More and more each day

Do you consume dairy: I do, but whittling it away little by little…started cold turkey as of today (8/26/2013)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Guayaki Yerba Mate Tea (1c every morning)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier, longer life with a healthier family

Favorite exercise: Martial Arts (all forms)

Favorite Primal food: Rib-Eye Steak (Sea salt/Cajun seasoning/cracked-pepper rub, cooked medium on a cast-iron skillet)

Best part about being Primal: Easier meals, easier shopping and better overall health

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up the occasional bag of Lays Potato Chips!!!

Overall, I see this as being a good lifestyle change for my wife and I…I am off and on into my fitness and would like to stay ON permanently and I feel this lifestyle change will be the ticket. All the fad workouts seem to be just that…FADS! Whereas this lifestyle change incorporates (more like encourages) a moderate daily workout and/or just getting out and moving.

I have two boys, 7 and 10yo, and both of them deserve my wife and I in the more active forms of our youth…we contently regale them with our childhood stories of how we were able to play outside and blah, blah, blah, but they don’t get to experience that nearly as often. This lifestyle, for me, is an opportunity to change that…hitting up the park, getting them both in the backyard with me as I train my Thai Boxing/Jeet Kune Do and just all around moving will go a long way for the health and togetherness of the family.

Thank you Mark for the development of this lifestyle and thank you all (members of this forum/family/lifestyle) that provide updates/recipes/ideas/modifications/information and an overall entertaining place to be. Many of my friends and family think I am crazy for this change, but when they see the results I am SURE they will be singing another tune!

Primal Kas

collin is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Calgary AB

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Gluten free, limited dairy, no refined/process foods. I am interested in helping my find ways to get my 6 & 4 year old more involved in understanding the benefits of paleo/primal eating.

Do you consume dairy: 1 serving/day

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: feel way better since going gluten free and believe in the long term health benefits of the eating philosophy

Favorite exercise: push ups, pull ups & abs (can't choose)

Favorite Primal food: almond meal pancakes with apples & cinnamon

Best part about being Primal: feeling better at 42 than 22

Worst part about being Primal: beer
    Last edited by collin; 08-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Mariannepenny is offline Junior Member
    Primal Status: Probably very, but still transitioning.
    Some dairy, but always prefer raw or at least not mucked about with,
    Decaff tea and rooibos. Coffee 2 - 3 a week max
    I loved Jack Kruse book which lead me to Marks. What I love about the way Mark has put 'Primal' together is the 100% no nonsense approach. I have NEVER counted calories, and only put on weight after significant period of stress. The only other 'diet' I have used for improving mental clarity, energy and immune is the blood type diet, which works really well, but I like things based on epigenetics.
    Working on our farm for exercise, but am looking forward to taking dance classes.
    Home grown (organic) meat and veggies
    Knowing I am doing what my genes have been crying out for for years (actually nearer decades).
    Worst part is still transitioning!

For the last 11 years I have been researching health and its correlation to health (unpaid) after my then baby had horrific eczema that our health service did NOTHING to help. We now have a 95 acre (non certificated organic - it nearly killed us the paperwork) farm on the banks of the Thames, producing our own meat, eggs and veggies.

Our produce has achieved in the small window of retail we did, many accolades from customers and chefs, even awards for our sausages (no artificial s**t).

Am presently studying Meta-Health, and would love to do more with this forum, but time ahhhhhh

Cheri is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    New Zealand

How Primal are you:
    Reasonably primal. Am hoping to become 100 % :-)

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes. Milk, yoghurt and cheese mainly and have also cut down a lot recently

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Occasionally if i feel like it. Its not something included in my every day plan

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Want to become a more healthy person and get my body into the greatest shape :-) and just want to feel great, sounds like such a good thing to do with myself.

Favorite exercise:
    Running, small ab weights and yoga/pilates

Favorite Primal food:
    Vegetables and Chicken-free range.

Best part about being Primal:
    Makes me feel good about myself. A sense of achievement :-)

Worst part about being Primal:
    Haven't experienced anything bad about it yet

JBoom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chapel Hill, NC

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: I could make up a number if you'd like. Ummmm... Blue.

Do you consume dairy: Yes; milk, yogurt, butter and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I prefer coffee, about a half a pot a day, I'd cut back, but that's ridiculous. I can quit whenever I want.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife talked me into it. We're just getting started.

Favorite exercise: Leg Press. I can move a lot of iron.

Favorite Primal food: grilled chicken

Best part about being Primal: I don't have to count all of my macros.

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss you, doughnuts.

Unprocessed Woman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NYC

How Primal are you: Easing in since last Thursday - about 80%

Do you consume dairy: allergic, so...no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee love...but 2 cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: health sucked! Female issues, fatigue, thyroid condition...pasty skin, tongue... Female thing: GONE (I'm on this ONE WEEK!), fatigue...what fatigue?! I literally sprung out of bed this morning! Thyroid: cyst shrank...can't wait for Oct. sonogram results and bloodwork. Skin and tongue - cannot put in words the difference. Oh...and my hair!!!! Hello!

Favorite exercise: Just getting into it after too long away....don't have a fave at this moment.

Favorite Primal food: Hmm....it's seasonal so for now: seared tuna and grilled chicken

Best part about being Primal: See Motivator q!

Worst part about being Primal: NONE

Hanneyh1 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: just started yesterday

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be healthier and be fit and show others that just because you are small and look kinda skinny doesn't mean that you are healthy (me now). I want to be toned and prove that just because I used to look "thin" didnt mean I was fit. I want to show my daughter the healthy ways in life and my husband too.

Favorite exercise: walking. I also enjoy yoga and swimming occasionally. I love riding my horse as a play activity as well as playing with my dogs and daughter. I want to try paddle padding sometime too!

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: I don't know for sure yet, but getting into shape and all the bacon will probably be my favorite parts!

Worst part about being Primal: I can't eat Oreos! But I'll get over it

WHATABURGER is offline Junior Member
    Howdy Y'all, I am WHataburger from Houston, Texas, I am 41 years old, I want to be primal! I currently drink milk. I do like coffee but not a regular user. I am fat and out of shape, I dont want to be anymore! and I like this going back to the basics train of thought! I love to run!My favorite food is eggs! I am not sure about the best and worst parts of being primal yet I am sure I will learn!