Page 551 of 600 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 5999

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 551

CHess is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Questions:

How Primal are you:

Just started but trying to be mostly primal, most of the time.

Do you consume dairy:

Not really, I may add a little bit of butter to my sweet potato but thats about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Can't give up coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Just want to eat healthy because I feel good when I eat healthy!

Favorite exercise:

Killing it with weights

Favorite Primal food:

Not sure yet but I love the fresh farmers market veggies.

Best part about being Primal:

Taking old recipes and making them primal, they always turn out delicious and it makes me feel awesome that I can turn something into a healthy option.

Worst part of being Primal:

Eating out is really hard and I love having date nights out with my husband. Now we just do date night at home and make our own amazing meals.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Amarillo, Tx, planning a move to Santa Fe, NM

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Probably 80% with the remaining 20% being a stubborn fondness for marijuana and baked goods, sweet things and alcohol

Do you consume dairy: yes! I successfully reintroed and love to eat lots of grassfed butter, raw cheese, cultured cream, heavy cream and occasional ice cream. milk drinking is very rare.

Do you drink coffee or tea: love coffee with cream and a little raw sugar, but try not to get too dependent on it. tea is ok too. Can easily forego both if I'm in a low stress time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did strict Whole30 for months and felt great but felt it was a little too restrictive for an ongoing woe. Primal seems far more sustainable over time. I would really like to enjoy months on end of avoiding grains and still need a little support to accomplish that.

Favorite exercise: just started with the sprints/walking, yoga, housebuilding with earth

Favorite Primal food: butter

Best part about being Primal: losing the belly bloat I get from eating grains

Worst part about being Primal: Not being carefree when it comes to using convenience foods or eating out. Always eating at home, so much shopping, cooking and cleaning.

crossfitmenina is offline Junior Member
    Hi... I am new here and new to paleo and so to answer the questions

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I am trying to go strict

Do you consume dairy: not for the last 7 days

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: performance in crossfit

Favorite exercise: crossfit and running

Favorite Primal food: bananas???

Best part about being Primal: you can be creative

Worst part about being Primal: missing my milkshakes and yogurt

Xx

Fliss1289 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sheffield, UK

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: As much as I can. 80% at least am sure. Hardest part for me is finance and time. Working full time with 2 young children leaves little time and money for sourcing grass fed and organic foods. So for the most part its the supermarkets offerings

Do you consume Dairy?: Yes, lots. How every its produced I'll eat it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea with a half sugar, cant seem to drop that

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tried many different ways of eating, this agrees with me the best

Favorite exercise: zumba

Favorite Primal food:steak and cream

Best part about being Primal: eating cream without fear and having bacon for breakfast

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat crusty bread and butter. Sigh, I give it a longing look each time I do the shopping

laurathegoth is offline Member
    Your location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: only just starting to be-grains are gone, sugar (and sweetners) gone-legumes proving more difficult

Do you consume dairy: yes, a world without cheese just isn't worth it

Do you drink coffee or tea: love my coffee, black and strong please (only a few cups a day though, and not after lunchtime or it affects my sleep)

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight-loss primarily

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: steak!

Worst part about being Primal: no bread

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member
    Your location : Christchurch New Zealand

Age (If you want): 39 ( nearly 40!!) lol

How Primal are you: only just started. Grains have all gone as well as sugar. Finding my way slowly lol

Do you consume dairy: yes, in milk and snack on odd lump of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: love my tea but have tried to limit now to 3-4 cups per day..... Not the same without sugar either lol

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight-loss primarily and want to get buff for me and my wife. Would live to look good at 40.

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: love all meat and seafood

Best part about being Primal: not having to weigh anything out or think I can only have so much of something

Worst part about being Primal: no bread

Jittery jay is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Upstate NY

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:2 days in and loving it! Haven't gone Organic yet

Do you consume dairy: plain Greek yogurt, I even dropped the creamer which I thought was impossible

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm too fat and want off the toxic Omeprezole!

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food:MEAT

Best part about being Primal: weight control

Worst part about being Primal: no beer

lrk8138 is offline Junior Member
    Hi All - Newbie here. I've been dabbling for a while but am ready to commit!

The Questions:

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 70/30. Working on 80/20.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling like the Blerch (oatmeal.com)

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: all that extra energy I seem to have

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince my husband and young boys that we should eat this way all the time.

stephilderton is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: So/so. I'm at the very beginning of my journey and so I'm still struggling to create good habits.

Do you consume dairy: Right now, yes. I'm planning on going without for a few weeks to see if it helps with some inflammation I'm experiencing though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Almost entirely weight, but I have a few other issues I'm pretty convinced would be helped if I were more consistent.

Favorite exercise: Jogging & Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: A good, juicy steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel fantastic!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with naysayers.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Salut!

French guy writing here
    I am not a primal newbie but new in these forums. Not sure I have much to contribute but I like chatting about foods and lifestyle. As you can guess from my forum name, I like French fries ... but only home-made and oven-baked after I coated them with a think layer of duck fat! So yes, I am a "potato" kind of guy (I am not talking about my body shape, mind you).

If I look at the PB loose rules, I could say I am 99% primal. I do eat some (pseudo) grains and beans once in a while but I believe one should not ignore large portions of the food spectrum, I don't subscribe to the "adhere 100% to the paleo diet or prepare to suffer from neolithic diseases". Specifically, I prefer rice, quinoa (like in salads) and buckwheat (French crÍpes mmmmh!), chickpeas and occasional butterbeans.
    I do dairy as well but only the A2 type. I read that book from some New-Zealand guy and consequently switched to A2 type dairy after a long period of complete absence of dairy in our home. My kids are doing just fine on that type of dairy and I have no problem myself as long as it is fermented (not very good at lactose digestion).

For the workout, I am into body weight stuff, core strength training, biking and lost of walking. I am quite lean (around 12% BF) but have built muscle mass over the last 6 months when I started to be serious about pull-ups and other body weight WO.
    I recently bought a slackline which I have yet to install in my garden. I was very inspired by a British fellow called Harry Cloudfoot (he's got a blog at harrycloudfoot | FREELANCE WRITER | SLACKLINE INSTRUCTOR | PERSONAL TRAINER | LONDON.). I like his self-experimenting with new things and he seems to derive a LOT of fun. That's how it should be

OK, enough about myself. Sorry if my English sounds funny or is misspelled but this is not my mother-tongue ...

Au revoir