Page 550 of 600 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 5999

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 550

Ginny Pickles is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello from New York! I've just recently started Primal in the last few weeks.

The Questions:

Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I've just started and am sort of "using up" some things in my house (ex: made salmon patties with flour bc I didn't feel like going out to hunt for almond meal yet). I've also had "cheat" days here and there when I'm out with friends. But overall, probably 70-30 right now?

Do you consume dairy: Yes - full fat greek yogurt and cheese (regular grocery store stuff for now). No more milk in my coffee (I realized I HATED the taste of the "ultra-pasteurized" organic whole milk my roommate and I were buying, so I figured it was probably ruining the taste of the coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. One cup of coffee in the morning with coconut milk (my new love). Green tea in the afternoons sometimes at work, sometimes second cup of coffee at home on the weekends.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am SO TIRED all the time and have been looking to try anything to fix it. I'd also read up on paleo/primal a lot in the last year and thought to myself that I already feel better whenever I eat primal vs grains 'n things, so why not just do it all the time? Also: sick of growing horizontally out of my clothes.

Favorite exercise: I haven't started a lot of primal exercise yet, so I'd say my favorite exercise right now is capoeira. I tried sprints today and sprints >>> trying to keep a jog going forever.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, coconut, bacon, butter

Best part about being Primal: I've been in a better mood and a bit less tired (I also suspect I may have sleep apnea, so I'm planning to be tested for that as well). I've also been getting through capoeira classes much more easily. And some extra weight around my middle has come off!

Worst part about being Primal: I guess this is both the best & worst: I am SUPER lazy about food and cooking; always grabbing ready-to-eat stuff out of the fridge when I come home instead of knuckling down to cook something more nutritious. That's the other big reason I went primal - it will force me to learn how to cook.

Great to meet y'all and looking forward to primal living!

deceptivelystrong is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Louisiana

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you:varies

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: it works

Favorite exercise: Olympic weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: a large food(meat/veggie) and a bottle of wine

Best part about being Primal: tastes good

Worst part about being Primal: do it yourself

I have been stalking this website for a few years, just need some accountability now. My sign in name is from a co-workouter that said I was deceptively strong, I wasn't sure whether to take it as a complement or an insult...I know his intention, and appreciate the complement on being strong...the deceptive part though... I can sit at home eating Bon-bons(they still make those?) and look like a fat ass.

Anyway, my new goal is to put my bodyweight over my head. It is realistic, I have put up 170 when I weighed 190. and i weighed 170 at the beginning of this year....190 now, and not as strong

my coach(crossfit) is supportive, and my modified goal is to put him over my head.

When I get fully motivated, I do crossfit 2-3 times a week. eat primal warrior style, once a day...at my worst, beer and fast food.

RunJaneRun is offline Junior Member
    Greetings all!

How primal? Mostly primal for one year (except for large quantities peanut butter--my nemesis. Almond butter just does not taste the same). Unfortunately, I seem to have snapped as of late and have been eating numerous unmentionables: coffee cake, frozen yogurt sprinkled with Fruity Pebbles and cheese cake chunks (WHAT?), pizza & cookies. I'm the only primal follower in my household (out of husband and four children) so it IS a constant challenge when all that UNprimal food is in the house. Looking to get back on track as I loved how eating primal made me feel. I just purchased the 90-Day journal and am excited/apprehensive to chart my progress. I'm hoping to connect with like-minded Primals here to share frustrations, failures, successes, and tips.

Dairy: Greek yogurt (daily for breakfast, but can only find 2% fat version most of the time), some cheese (I am from WI so cheese is one of my favorite foods), & butter.

Coffee & tea: Yes and yes.

Why primal? I've always been interested in eating for optimal health and for all of my life believed the the fitness/fashion magazine articles about eating whole grains, legumes, fat free dairy, fat free salad dressings, etc. One day I stumbled upon MDA looking for a homemade "granola" bar recipe to feed my kids that wasn't actually a candy bar in disguise and was instantly fascinated.

Favorite exercise: I used to love to run but arthritis from an old knee injury ended that about five years ago. Switched to walking but was always annoyed by it (I considered walking a "seniors" type of NONexercise that failed to sufficiently raise my heart rate). Post MDA I appreciate it for what it is. Now and then I like to work up a sweat on the elliptical at the gym. I also love to lift weights but have been sidelined for the last year by double shoulder/ elbow pain.

Favorite primal food: salmon

Best part about being primal: It truly makes me feel young and happy and fulfilled.

Worst part about being primal: It is difficult in today's world where we are surrounded by Cinnabons and greasy fast food and popular restaurants like Noodles & Co which my eldest daughter LOVES. I also miss freshly baked bread with a glob of butter. It smells/tastes amazing!

Myrtille is offline Member
    Hi !

Here are my answers to the questions

Your location: France (sorry if there are grammatical or spelling approximations, English is not my first language)

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I now I want and have to be primal for more than a year. But it was difficult for me because of bad intestinal flora and sugar cravings. Ans, as I have been on restrictive diets when I was younger, I don't deal with frustration. So after several attempts (no longer than a month), I decided to go about 90% primal, that is being primal when I am home or on my own, but enjoying a usual meal when I am invited or in restaurant. For that, I have to pay attention on my flora and take double to triple probiotics dose. And till now, it works OK.

Do you consume dairy: yes I consume kefir and old cheese (well, I'm french ^^). Need that for the probiotics.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, only one small cup in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health and to lose weight

Favorite exercise: hiking
    Favorite Primal food: avocado, liver, meat, coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: No more IBS, no hypoglycemia, weight loss, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: anxious when I am invited, more difficult to have a quick snack, the bread always on the tables in restaurants.
    Last edited by Myrtille; 08-13-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Megglebean is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 3 days in

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: An unfortunate personal situation brought me to the conclusion that I need to make an all around life change

Favorite exercise: running and walking with my dog

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling clean on the inside

Worst part about being Primal: so far, figuring out what to eat...and that I will no longer have the dorito taco in my life

Valentia is offline Junior Member
    Hi ^^ Pleased to meet you and be part of this awesome community!

Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: As much as I can given the crazy work hours, let's say 80%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! I've cut down though, and only eat raw dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea, and only one coffee a week since I don't tolerate it very well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight, anemia, low blood pressure

Favorite exercise: rock climbing, racing with my dog

Favorite Primal food: steak ^^

Best part about being Primal: All that energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Everyone thinks I'm mad or that I'm endangering my health.

Felix2087 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: complete newbie!!

Do you consume dairy: yes at the moment, only Greek yoghurt and milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but limited amounts due to it irritating my stomach

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get healthier, hopefully get rid of my IBS and to loose a few pounds too!

Favorite exercise: running ( it's hard work!) and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: not discovered one yet but I love salmon and butternut squash

Best part about being Primal: getting rid of processed junk

Worst part about being Primal: nothing yet!

Danny Yun is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Currently live in Chicago, but training in Arizona and soon to move to Portland.

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Wannabe. I am generally aware of what I am eating and try to stay primal best I can, but have situational difficulties that I haven't learned how to overcome (logistically)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not a lot.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee: 1 Cup in the morning on average with half & half and a spoon of brown sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle, Health, Weight

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: I Heart Steak

Best part about being Primal: When I can do it, it feels good and I don't feel like I'm missing much

Worst part about being Primal: I often find myself in situations where staying primal is very difficult. For example, right now I am on an extended training event in Arizona. I have free access to cafeteria food (good luck going primal in there!), excessively curtailed funds to purchase food (but enough for groceries if it weren't for: ), and no kitchen/food preparation area. Tack on upwards of 16 hour days with a 4 am wake up and I just don't know how to make it work. Rather than whine about it, here I am, about to ask for help on these forums. Let's see what we can come up with!

elabmy is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you : Quite

Do you consume dairy : Yes but reducing this now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weightloss.

Favorite excercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feel so much better.

Worst part about being Primal. Eating out.

I live in Scotland UK and have been eating Primal for only a few weeks. I have started to lose some of the weight I need to lose, and feel so very much better in myself.
    Last edited by elabmy; 08-14-2013 at 11:33 PM.

nov26_2 is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    I am 43, only a couple short weeks away from 44. I am one of those people that has spent 15 years as a vegetarian, and runner but I have never been able to build any muscle and always kept a little extra belly fat. Additionally, over the past year, I have had more difficulty recovering from workouts. So, at 44 I've had enough and decided I needed a change.
    Other information,
    I am married, two kids.
    I work as a therapist (social work type) and specialize in addictions to drugs but I might switch to carb addiction.(that is how I found primal, I was doing a certification program to counsel bariatric surgery patients and the course work was very big into describing insulin/glucose interactions and the glycemic index)
    My favorite work out is trail running and Gracie jiu jitsu.

I look forward to the adventure!