How Primal are you:varies

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: it works

Favorite exercise: Olympic weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: a large food(meat/veggie) and a bottle of wine

Best part about being Primal: tastes good

Worst part about being Primal: do it yourself

I have been stalking this website for a few years, just need some accountability now. My sign in name is from a co-workouter that said I was deceptively strong, I wasn't sure whether to take it as a complement or an insult...I know his intention, and appreciate the complement on being strong...the deceptive part though... I can sit at home eating Bon-bons(they still make those?) and look like a fat ass.

Anyway, my new goal is to put my bodyweight over my head. It is realistic, I have put up 170 when I weighed 190. and i weighed 170 at the beginning of this year....190 now, and not as strong

my coach(crossfit) is supportive, and my modified goal is to put him over my head.

When I get fully motivated, I do crossfit 2-3 times a week. eat primal warrior style, once a day...at my worst, beer and fast food.

RunJaneRun is offline Junior Member
    Greetings all!

How primal? Mostly primal for one year (except for large quantities peanut butter--my nemesis. Almond butter just does not taste the same). Unfortunately, I seem to have snapped as of late and have been eating numerous unmentionables: coffee cake, frozen yogurt sprinkled with Fruity Pebbles and cheese cake chunks (WHAT?), pizza & cookies. I'm the only primal follower in my household (out of husband and four children) so it IS a constant challenge when all that UNprimal food is in the house. Looking to get back on track as I loved how eating primal made me feel. I just purchased the 90-Day journal and am excited/apprehensive to chart my progress. I'm hoping to connect with like-minded Primals here to share frustrations, failures, successes, and tips.

Dairy: Greek yogurt (daily for breakfast, but can only find 2% fat version most of the time), some cheese (I am from WI so cheese is one of my favorite foods), & butter.

Coffee & tea: Yes and yes.

Why primal? I've always been interested in eating for optimal health and for all of my life believed the the fitness/fashion magazine articles about eating whole grains, legumes, fat free dairy, fat free salad dressings, etc. One day I stumbled upon MDA looking for a homemade "granola" bar recipe to feed my kids that wasn't actually a candy bar in disguise and was instantly fascinated.

Favorite exercise: I used to love to run but arthritis from an old knee injury ended that about five years ago. Switched to walking but was always annoyed by it (I considered walking a "seniors" type of NONexercise that failed to sufficiently raise my heart rate). Post MDA I appreciate it for what it is. Now and then I like to work up a sweat on the elliptical at the gym. I also love to lift weights but have been sidelined for the last year by double shoulder/ elbow pain.

Favorite primal food: salmon

Best part about being primal: It truly makes me feel young and happy and fulfilled.

Worst part about being primal: It is difficult in today's world where we are surrounded by Cinnabons and greasy fast food and popular restaurants like Noodles & Co which my eldest daughter LOVES. I also miss freshly baked bread with a glob of butter. It smells/tastes amazing!

Myrtille is offline Member
    Hi !

Here are my answers to the questions

Your location: France (sorry if there are grammatical or spelling approximations, English is not my first language)

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I now I want and have to be primal for more than a year. But it was difficult for me because of bad intestinal flora and sugar cravings. Ans, as I have been on restrictive diets when I was younger, I don't deal with frustration. So after several attempts (no longer than a month), I decided to go about 90% primal, that is being primal when I am home or on my own, but enjoying a usual meal when I am invited or in restaurant. For that, I have to pay attention on my flora and take double to triple probiotics dose. And till now, it works OK.

Do you consume dairy: yes I consume kefir and old cheese (well, I'm french ^^). Need that for the probiotics.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, only one small cup in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health and to lose weight

Favorite exercise: hiking
    Favorite Primal food: avocado, liver, meat, coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: No more IBS, no hypoglycemia, weight loss, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: anxious when I am invited, more difficult to have a quick snack, the bread always on the tables in restaurants.
    Last edited by Myrtille; 08-13-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Megglebean is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 3 days in

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: An unfortunate personal situation brought me to the conclusion that I need to make an all around life change

Favorite exercise: running and walking with my dog

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling clean on the inside

Worst part about being Primal: so far, figuring out what to eat...and that I will no longer have the dorito taco in my life

Valentia is offline Junior Member
    Hi ^^ Pleased to meet you and be part of this awesome community!

Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: As much as I can given the crazy work hours, let's say 80%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! I've cut down though, and only eat raw dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea, and only one coffee a week since I don't tolerate it very well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight, anemia, low blood pressure

Favorite exercise: rock climbing, racing with my dog

Favorite Primal food: steak ^^

Best part about being Primal: All that energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Everyone thinks I'm mad or that I'm endangering my health.

Felix2087 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: complete newbie!!

Do you consume dairy: yes at the moment, only Greek yoghurt and milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but limited amounts due to it irritating my stomach

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get healthier, hopefully get rid of my IBS and to loose a few pounds too!

Favorite exercise: running ( it's hard work!) and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: not discovered one yet but I love salmon and butternut squash

Best part about being Primal: getting rid of processed junk

Worst part about being Primal: nothing yet!

Danny Yun is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Currently live in Chicago, but training in Arizona and soon to move to Portland.

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Wannabe. I am generally aware of what I am eating and try to stay primal best I can, but have situational difficulties that I haven't learned how to overcome (logistically)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not a lot.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee: 1 Cup in the morning on average with half & half and a spoon of brown sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle, Health, Weight

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: I Heart Steak

Best part about being Primal: When I can do it, it feels good and I don't feel like I'm missing much

Worst part about being Primal: I often find myself in situations where staying primal is very difficult. For example, right now I am on an extended training event in Arizona. I have free access to cafeteria food (good luck going primal in there!), excessively curtailed funds to purchase food (but enough for groceries if it weren't for: ), and no kitchen/food preparation area. Tack on upwards of 16 hour days with a 4 am wake up and I just don't know how to make it work. Rather than whine about it, here I am, about to ask for help on these forums. Let's see what we can come up with!

elabmy is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you : Quite

Do you consume dairy : Yes but reducing this now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weightloss.

Favorite excercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feel so much better.

Worst part about being Primal. Eating out.

I live in Scotland UK and have been eating Primal for only a few weeks. I have started to lose some of the weight I need to lose, and feel so very much better in myself.
    Last edited by elabmy; 08-14-2013 at 11:33 PM.

nov26_2 is offline Member
    Hello,
    I am 43, only a couple short weeks away from 44. I am one of those people that has spent 15 years as a vegetarian, and runner but I have never been able to build any muscle and always kept a little extra belly fat. Additionally, over the past year, I have had more difficulty recovering from workouts. So, at 44 I've had enough and decided I needed a change.
    Other information,
    I am married, two kids.
    I work as a therapist (social work type) and specialize in addictions to drugs but I might switch to carb addiction.(that is how I found primal, I was doing a certification program to counsel bariatric surgery patients and the course work was very big into describing insulin/glucose interactions and the glycemic index)
    My favorite work out is trail running and Gracie jiu jitsu.

I look forward to the adventure!

CHess is offline Junior Member
    Questions:

How Primal are you:

Just started but trying to be mostly primal, most of the time.

Do you consume dairy:

Not really, I may add a little bit of butter to my sweet potato but thats about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Can't give up coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Just want to eat healthy because I feel good when I eat healthy!

Favorite exercise:

Killing it with weights

Favorite Primal food:

Not sure yet but I love the fresh farmers market veggies.

Best part about being Primal:

Taking old recipes and making them primal, they always turn out delicious and it makes me feel awesome that I can turn something into a healthy option.

Worst part of being Primal:

Eating out is really hard and I love having date nights out with my husband. Now we just do date night at home and make our own amazing meals.