Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 549

cheryl is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Kissimmee, FL

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Just started so not much

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, low calorie & exercise is not cutting it, pain management overall health.

Favorite exercise:walking

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal:not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: possibly replacing my coffee and sugar

OkeePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    Your location: USA, Florida

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Serious, but not fanatic...no grains or legumes at all.

Do you consume dairy: limited cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee and several of tea daily, sweetened with stevia.

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: braised salmon

Best part about being Primal: eating more, and still losing weight!

Worst part about being Primal: I, also, miss pizza...... And homemade focaccia... But I can't argue with the results I've achieved.

weaverchick is offline Member
    Your location: Fort Drum, NY

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just starting out this week but right now probably 95/5.

Do you consume dairy: Only greek yogurt and very little cheese. Never cared for milk itself.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope, just water!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have PCOS and have tried everything else. I need to get my insulin resistance, hormone issues, and weight under control. At this point this seems to be the best way to do that. Also as a purely superficial reason, I want to be able to wear a pretty dress (and feel comfortable) at my husbands homecoming.

Favorite exercise: Right now I like to walk and do Zumba.

Favorite Primal food: Right now I don't know. I'm having fun experimenting with different vegetables. Maybe...bacon

Best part about being Primal: Ask me again once I get through the carb withdrawals. I haven't been bloated or gassy so that's a plus!

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza, I miss it already. But this is for my health and no pizza tastes as good as good health feels

primal_powerlifter is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Suzanne

The Questions:

Your location: Columbus, OH (go bucks!)

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Fully, but sometimes cheat with corn on the weekends

Do you consume dairy: Yes, especially butter and cheese. I do treat myself to ice cream every now and then!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I start my day with bulletproof coffee. I drink hot tea whenever I get a craving for it (mostly out of boredom).

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm gluten intolerant and recently noticed that rice seems to bother me too. Sometimes I suspect I have celiacs. This is a way of living I can stick with because I feel SO GOOD. I've gotten so much stronger. I never feel guilty about anything I eat, even if it's the ice cream I mentioned above. This is the easiest way I've found to stay lean and healthy.

Favorite exercise: I'm a powerlifter! I love to pick up heavy things! Dead lifts are probably my favorite. I also love to do sprints a couple times per week, and I play outside with my big goofy dog daily.

Favorite Primal food: BACON. I love to eat it, save the grease, and fry everything else in it. Did you know eggplant soaks up bacon fat like a sponge? Try it. You'll thank me!

Best part about being Primal: The energy and the self confidence. I had no idea how much a poor diet can just make every day life so much more difficult.

Worst part about being Primal: The haters! Why do they get so upset by what I eat??

Sent from my DROID Pro using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jaybee962 is offline Junior Member
    Here Goes

Your location: Dallas Fort Worth, TX

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 80% but only for a few weeks

Do you consume dairy: yes, full fat yogurt, cream, half & half, butter and Ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee w/ half & half

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dr. Lustig's lecture on Suga

Favorite exercise: Yoga and walking

Favorite Primal food: Anything spicy with meat and veggies

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling hungry

Worst part about being Primal: Cheeeesecake and onion rings

Darkyle84 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Hammond,Indiana

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you:As primal as legally allowed within city limits.

Do you consume dairy:feta cheese that's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea:tea lots of herbal tea that my sister grows

Motivator for switching to Primal: Got out of a horrible marriage. I'd looked into primal years ago and realized that it was pretty much my normal habits anyway , but the ex wasn't having it(she was very large and proudly SAD).I was being compared to various carnivoruos beast regularly anyway ........So i figured Might as well go full bore.

Favorite exercise: Any animal style movement , mostly monkey and gorilla drills

Favorite Primal food: Anything i can kill

Best part about being Primal:It feels natural to me .... like I fit

Worst part about being Primal: haven't found one yet

Jennylu is offline Junior Member

Jenny from KY

The Questions:

Your location: Kentucky (The Bluegrass State!)

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Pretty darn Primal. Although that has been a recent switch. I gave up gluten a year ago after being diagnosed with an auto-immune disease and experiencing a lot of the classic symptoms of celiec. While I waited for my doctor to put two and two together I went ahead and cut out gluten and I've never felt better.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a little splash of milk in my coffee in the morning and cheese. You would have to pry raw cheddar from cold dead hands.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I have significantly cut down on my coffee consumption recently, but I enjoy tea in the afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel better. Once I cut out gluten and grains I started to have more energy, but I found the more Primal I eat the better I feel. I also thought for years that the only way to look good was to restrict your calories and spend hours on the elliptical or running miles at a time. Over time that wore me down. Eating lots of healthy food and doing interval sessions are so much faster and I get better results.

Favorite exercise: I still love to run so I would say sprinting. I love my sprint days.

Favorite Primal food:BACON! (duh!)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good. Shorter workout sessions so I'm in and out of the gym faster. Eating a lot of filling food.

Worst part about being Primal:Family and friends who think this is a trend or a way to drop weight. Also, seeing loved ones eat a SAD and not being able to get them to stop, knowing how much better they could feel. Also, as I try to really limit dairy and sugar I don't eat much ice cream anymore even though butter pecan is my hands down, favorite food on the planet.

AbbyCK is offline Member
    Hey All- New to MDA

The Questions:

Your location: California

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, only low lactose cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: More Energy!

Favorite exercise: Playing with my two girls.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, coconut, onions, garlic, lobster, shrimp, peppers. I guess I don't have just one!

Best part about being Primal: Clarity of mind, energy, better mood

Worst part about being Primal: People criticizing my lifestyle

damnposeurs is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, my name is Liz and just a brief overview below. I'm going to post a more in depth blurb about myself in the main Meet and Greet.

Your location: Philadelphia, PA

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Just starting out sooo about 50%?

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do but I haven't yet

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am hypoglycemic, have PCOS, and am obese. As you state in "Stigma of Obesity", Mark, doctor's don't like to dispense lifestyle changes anymore so this is all my motivation.

Favorite exercise: Walking, running with some sprints.

Favorite Primal food: Organic Cage-free eggs

Best part about being Primal: The community and sheer amount of info available on it. Also, coconut milk.

Worst part about being Primal: Adjustment to going no grains and the initial cravings.
    Last edited by damnposeurs; 08-11-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Forgot location

Ginny Pickles is offline Junior Member
    Hello from New York! I've just recently started Primal in the last few weeks.

The Questions:

Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I've just started and am sort of "using up" some things in my house (ex: made salmon patties with flour bc I didn't feel like going out to hunt for almond meal yet). I've also had "cheat" days here and there when I'm out with friends. But overall, probably 70-30 right now?

Do you consume dairy: Yes - full fat greek yogurt and cheese (regular grocery store stuff for now). No more milk in my coffee (I realized I HATED the taste of the "ultra-pasteurized" organic whole milk my roommate and I were buying, so I figured it was probably ruining the taste of the coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. One cup of coffee in the morning with coconut milk (my new love). Green tea in the afternoons sometimes at work, sometimes second cup of coffee at home on the weekends.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am SO TIRED all the time and have been looking to try anything to fix it. I'd also read up on paleo/primal a lot in the last year and thought to myself that I already feel better whenever I eat primal vs grains 'n things, so why not just do it all the time? Also: sick of growing horizontally out of my clothes.

Favorite exercise: I haven't started a lot of primal exercise yet, so I'd say my favorite exercise right now is capoeira. I tried sprints today and sprints >>> trying to keep a jog going forever.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, coconut, bacon, butter

Best part about being Primal: I've been in a better mood and a bit less tired (I also suspect I may have sleep apnea, so I'm planning to be tested for that as well). I've also been getting through capoeira classes much more easily. And some extra weight around my middle has come off!

Worst part about being Primal: I guess this is both the best & worst: I am SUPER lazy about food and cooking; always grabbing ready-to-eat stuff out of the fridge when I come home instead of knuckling down to cook something more nutritious. That's the other big reason I went primal - it will force me to learn how to cook.

Great to meet y'all and looking forward to primal living!