Page 547 of 630 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 547

banjosal is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm Sarah

Your location: Midcoast Maine

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: That's hard to say. I'm thoroughly modern, really, in that I come by all this intellectually as well as intuitively and through using lots of modern tools. I don't eat grains or legumes except for sprouted lentils, I do eat some soaked nuts and seeds, I try to avoid potatoes and tomatoes most of the time but will eat them on occasion. I don't focus on ancestral or evolutionary digestion as much as on what seems to work for my body, but I care about the science and inform my decisions that way.

Do you consume dairy: I use raw dairy kefir in small quantities, as well as occasional raw cheese (although I might be leaving that behind now) and strained, home-made yogurt from grass fed and finished Jersey cows.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I sure love coffee, but I'm off it right now and I think it isn't super-compatible for me. I'm off alcohol as well, and I think I could live without that forever but I hate to think of never having another cup of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was following a WAP-esque "traditional" diet and I developed leukemia, so I took what was working and modified it further. Then I ended up here, and this feels the best.

Favorite exercise: Running around with my kids, or long walks.

Favorite Primal food: I'm so hooked on roasted kale that it worries me.

Best part about being Primal: When I'm in the groove, I feel the best I've ever felt.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm much more sensitive to toxins; it's hard to enjoy a dinner with friends or a restaurant meal, and travel can be stressful.

Calichiro is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Southern Cal (north LA county)

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Um, which day? Probably 80% total. Some days/weeks 100%, others not at all. I generally avoid gluten no matter what, though.

Do you consume dairy: I was consuming grass fed cheese. I'm off all dairy right now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Coffee (half caf) in the morning, sometimes herbal or green tea in the afternoon/evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten does bad things to me. A patient and I were talking about gluten and they introduced me to paleo in 2011. I started researching it and it was like a key fell into a lock. It just made perfect sense.

Favorite exercise: Reading. (That said, I started lifting weights in April and am s l o w l y getting stronger. I went from ZERO full pushups to 8 in a row (12 over 3 sets of them combined with knee pushups).

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak, grilled, with a pat of grass fed butter on top and sauteed mushrooms. (swoon!)

Best part about being Primal: The food. Feeling great. No guilt over every bite.

Worst part about being Primal: Social events.

slava is offline Junior Member
    Your location: uk

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Started but ironman training meant I couldn't adapt fast enough so went back to non-paleo - now IM is done and I'm trying again
    Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: redbush tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: swim, bike, run

Favorite Primal food: pork belly

Best part about being Primal: variety, feeling good all day long

Worst part about being Primal: explaining to others

Irishtrucker is offline Junior Member
    Living in Elk Grove Ca right now, originally from the green isle.

44 have dabbled with paleo before and had good results, however find it hard on the road 5 days at a time. Been back on 4 days now and trying to hardcore it, though had some heavy whipping cream in coffee. No dairy so far and planning to keep it that way. Normally a heavy coffee drinker but will probably wean it out.

My motivation is health and weight loss, unfortunately I have let myself go the last year and need to shed 60 pounds.

I like to strength train and hit the heavy bag, going to have to get creative to train on the road.

Meat, meat give me the meat. Love a steak, love fresh fish also.

From the testimonials I have read here and elsewhere the best thing that's going to happen to me is I will feel better and look better. After 4 days I already feel mentally better although the auld stomach is still getting used to the transition.

I'm sure I will miss beer, because I love it.

Bonnie_Liesel is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone!

I'm in the UK with my husband and four year old son.

We're easing our way over to a more Primal way of being after recently finding out that a genetic condition makes it difficult for us to be vegan. I've become very sick in the last year and after much heartache and worry about our diet I've realised that our health comes first. This has been so hard because we were ethical vegans and truly believed we would remain so for life.

I'm excited to be here and to learn more. I'm particularly interested in talking to those of you with children as perhaps you can give me some tips. Our son has been vegetarian since birth by choice which is also because of the condition we have it seems.

Just a brief intro

Edited to add answers...

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Coming in after being vegan for 18 months

Do you consume dairy: No my husband and I don't but our 4 year old son eats grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes decaf coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Adrenal fatigue, overweight and leaky gut on wholefood vegan

Favorite exercise: Cycling and swimming when I have the energy again one day

Favorite Primal food: Salmon and Coconut milk smoothies I'm guessing

Best part about being Primal: My health will return I'm sure of it

Worst part about being Primal: I don't see drawbacks but I'm
    Just starting
    Last edited by Bonnie_Liesel; 08-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Spheni is offline Member
    Just saw this, great idea!

The Questions:

Your location: Montana

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 99% (I think anyway )

Do you consume dairy: butter on occasion, I'm allergic so I try to avoid but run out of other fats sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronically ill with debilitating nausea, discovered numerous food allergies once I cut them out I was so close to Primal I figured I'd go for it. Fingers crossed this will "fix" me!

Favorite exercise: swimming which doesn't happen often, rowing

Favorite Primal food: Duck eggs with bacon and tomatoes...yum

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weight loss! OMG! Who knew? (Mark knew )

Worst part about being Primal: Watching loved ones eat things you know are bad for them

Shay247 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Columbus,OH

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you: Back in February i decided to give primal a 10 week run. The first two weeks was hell on wheels but once my body made the switch it was amazing. I haven't been primal since May but i'm returning to this life style starting today and not looking back.

Do you consume dairy: Just cheese but not often

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I always felt my body never ran well on the high carb bodybuilder diet.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: The energy

Worst part about being Primal: missing pizza

Skullwing is offline Junior Member

Whee, my turn

Your location: Long Island, NY

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Avoid all grains and seed oils as much as possible, essentially cook practically every meal from home with fresh ingredients, lift heavy things 1-2 times per week, play every day, and I try to stay as active as possible otherwise.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, primarily plain yogurt and cheddar cheese when available.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seeing my husband literally suffer on the diabetes CW diet and watching my own health decline following it as well as it's a bit too expensive to cook two separate meals each night. I switched first to "test" it in the manner of the scientific method and he switched recently when he saw my results after a year or so.

Favorite exercise: I love the "sore" feeling I get after a heavy lifting session although I really do need to wean myself off the cable machines and start trying barbells out. I've got to either get my own set or get over my self-consciousness at the gym.

Favorite Primal food: Blue Claw crabs, steamed, piled high. Usually paired with a fresh-caught striped bass baked in butter and cayenne pepper.

Best part about being Primal: Everything just works better, physically, mentally, and otherwise.

Worst part about being Primal: Office Birthday Parties.

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Your location:
    Fort Worth, Texas

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Probably about 90%. I'm only not primal when I eat out, and when I do that, I go for the most primal thing I can get. Usually it's just oils that are offending ingredients. (Looking at you, Chipotle.)

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, but I don't drink milk, and I think egg whites are upsetting my stomach. Which sucks because I really like eggs until I start feeling bad after eating more than one or so with the whites. Cheese, heavy cream, butter, and related are in.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Tea, not coffee. Mostly rooibos or green. I tried bulletproof tea today, it was actually pretty good.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I felt like a decomposing zombie while vegan and wasn't gaining any muscle. I also want to be lower than 21% body fat (female). My father is doing this at the same time as me so that adds motivation too--teamwork!

Favorite exercise:
    Can't decide between sprinting and heavy lifting. Probably sprinting, because I kind of sort of hate heavy lifting after one circuit but I love it after I'm done. Sprinting is fun all around.

Favorite Primal food:
    I don't really know yet. I like chicken, bacon, and these uncured, grassfed, organic hot dogs I found. I also like the almond butter I make (I've always loved making almond butter). It's just almonds thrown in a blender with a whole lot of unrefined coconut oil in it. It's normal consistency at room temp but it becomes like hard ice cream in the fridge, so that gives you an idea of how much oil I put in there. You have to sort of lever it out, but it literally melts in your mouth.

Best part about being Primal:
    In a week so far, I've had less acne, less hunger, more energy, better concentration, and overall feeling good. (As a result, I also have less anxiety and less depressive periods, and I'm more able to socially interact with people because of that.)
    Oh yeah and I've already lost two or more pounds of body fat and I've only been doing this a week and a half. I've stopped measuring though, I've decided to wait until next month to use a scale again.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Accessibility of ingredients. I want to cook everything, from bone broth to offal, but the best source I have is Central Market, and my father isn't entirely comfortable paying their prices just yet. So we get what we can only get there when we're in the area and get everything else at Kroger.

Well that was pretty long-winded.

lpparish is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: North Georgia

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I about 4 weeks into going paleo/Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Maybe a small aount of cheese but mostly no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea on ocassion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Blood work from about a year ago showed my cholesterol a little high. This was after counting calories and "trying" to eat healthy. I had already tried Jenny, Weight Watchers, Atkins and many other diets. I wanted something that would be just a way of life and not temporary.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, walking dogs.

Favorite Primal food: So far, the chicken, apple, bacon slidders.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better and loosing weight. I am already down 17 lbs.

Worst part about being Primal: Planning ahead of time for meals. I have to map out the entire week on the weekend and make sure that I have the groceries already at home. If not, I am tempted to fall off the wagon.