Page 546 of 600 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556596 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 5999

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 546

SF_Sorrow is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to the paleo approach, but have been seriously working on improving my health and well-being for the last 2-3 years. A little more about me ...

Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you:75% or so

Do you consume dairy: Not very much of late. Occasional slice of pizza with cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Absolutely! A couple cups of strong coffee and a cup of green tea a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had plateaued (or whatever the opposite of that is - bottomed out?) on weight loss and just wanted to feel better.

Favorite exercise: Circuit training with dumbbells in my basement.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight and having more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: No beer!

Lady D is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi, I'm new, hoping to learn a few things!

I'm here because I cut gluten about a year ago and immediately felt better, was already back eating meat and butter (the stuff I figured normal people ate in the past, non-obese, generations) after over 2 decades as a vegetarian (NOT vegan), during which I was moderately healthy but always calorie counting and have been overweight a few times in my life.

Anyway the enjoyment of eating meat again and squaring that environmentally & ethically through research, plus finding gluten was harming me got me reading this site and forum, along with WAPF and a few other paleo-type places, and that's about it really!

A few of my colleagues are primal/paleo leaning and that also had a part to play in it all, and I have minor tendon problems, which got me reading WAPF at first and thinking bone broths and slow-cooked stews with loads of connective tissue might be helpful, as well... this is getting a bit messy, what got me here was more of a slow process than an event, so I'll just do the questions!

Your location: London, England.

Age (If you want): Mid-40's

How Primal are you: no grains except ocasional white rice (< 1/fortnight), no legumes, no veg fats (olive oil once in a blue moon), no table sugar except occasional Green & Blacks chocolate, eat fat as it comes on meat and plenty of butter (Yeo valley, about 60% grass raised), salt to taste, erm, no artificial sweeteners... dunno what the parameters are really for this question!

Do you consume dairy: about 100ml double (heavy) cream per day with coffee, probably 300g hard cheddar in a week, loads of butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 3 coffees in the morning, 2 Earl Grey teas (no milk) at lunch, once a week regular black tea with a slug of whole non-homogenised milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to be more healthy, former (20 years) vegetarian having to really count cals to stay at a good weight, and began to feel the lower-carb/wheat-free stuff made sense, and this Primal Blueprint seems rational and liveable.

Favorite exercise: walking and Pilates.

Favorite Primal food: rare steak and lightly pan-fried lamb's liver.

Best part about being Primal: no more calorie counting & decrease in hunger since cutting out cereals and limiting starchy veg.

Worst part about being Primal: avoiding chocolate that has non-cocoa veg fats in, which isn't that big of a deal!

A R R is offline Junior Member

A r r

Your location: Jordan

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: Getting there

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: results

Favorite exercise: pushups

Favorite Primal food: Roast leg of lamb

Taralou is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hertfordshire - England

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you:

At the moment I'm struggling with consistency but I've been doing the "low carb" thing for around 3 and a half years. Only in the last month have I really got down to throwing out all of the non primal foods and really avoiding grains, legumes etc. I do eat dairy though, I will try to limit it but I eat it every day. My rationale for that is I live in England and we have very little means to obtain our Vitamin D than via dairy!!

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I absolutely love it. I will endeavour to reduce my consumption once I'm really in the groove of true paleo lifestyle. I figure my current food choices paleo plus dairy are better than the average SAD.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes I do - I'm never sure about how paleo it is really so try to limit my daily intake, some days are better than others.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

As previous started the whole low carb thing around 3 and a half years ago after being a lifelong yo yo dieter and fat hater/carb lover. This was after an indoctrination during my teens and early twenties. My journey to health both emotionally and physically started over 5 years ago when my morbidly obese self had a wake up call when my father in law was diagnosed with cancer. Sadly he didn't make it and it made me think about many things, my obesity, stress, the fuel we put into our body on a daily basis etc. My initial reaction was that I joined a gym and exercised my bottom off, quite literally, but I got to a certain point and realised I needed to do more as my weight plateaued and my rubbish diet never changed. Enter my Personal Trainer and my understanding of why carbs weren't great. A sudden realisation I can actually live without bread, and the importance of protein and good quality fats. This was a huge moment for me, life changing in fact. My whole relationship with food changed. Sadly my personal trainer moved on but he'd taught me so much about working out really hard once a week rather than the chronic cardio and the importance of good quality fuel. As a leaving present for my birthday he bought me the Primal Blueprint and the Primal Blueprint cookbook. Life took a funny turn then as some personal issues meant I wasn't really focused on reading the book until around 2 months ago. All of it made perfect sense, all of it, it was like I had an epiphany. I was always a "sleep is for p****'s" kind of person, yet I was constantly exhausted, stressed, chasing my tail. When I read the Primal Blueprint it just seemed to be so right. I'm a great believer that we all have to tweak things to suit our lives, but that is the genius of the book and the lifestyle, it's a blueprint, not a formula per se. It's early days for me but I'm committed and see a long healthy future ahead of me.

Favorite exercise: I love kettlebells and weights. I also do Krav Maga which is partly from a fitness/self defence point of view but also partly fun/play.

Favorite Primal food: I just love food but my favourite primal meal would be fillet steak and veggies - nom!

Best part about being Primal: I love the fact I'm eating food that I've avoided most of my adult life but food that I love. I love the fact it has made me feel free of the daily grind, that it's changed the way I think and will shape my future and lead me to a healthier, happier self.

Worst part about being Primal: Without a shadow of a doubt the feeders who can't believe you are happy without bread/processed food/sugar and therefore try to foist it upon you at every opportunity. Or the naysayers who have never tried it or read about it but tell you how wrong you are and that eating saturated fat is a "heart attack on a plate" and that bread is great, and they could "never" live without it! I am learning to manage these situations when they arise. I recognise that was me for years!

abtxclancy is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Abilene TX

Age (If you want): 55 (male)

How Primal are you: Novice. Not ready to give up gluten free waffle with peanut butter and jam to go with my free range egg. Don't get why legumes and nightshades are bad. Understand why grains and dairy are.

Do you consume dairy: butter, cheese, milk rarely (like almond or coconut milk better), ice cream is the monkey on my back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want: to live long and drop dead and not die by the inch over many years; to recapture the youthful satisfaction of running and sweating in the sun; to drop the excess 100 lbs once and for all; to SLEEP and wake up refreshed; to feel alive and connected to my body; to rely on two wheels for transportation to work and stop burning so much fossil fuel; to look good naked; to stop scheduling spontaneity; to learn how to play.

Favorite exercise: lap swimming but with varying strokes, occasional diving and treading water, some sprints.

Favorite Primal food: vegetables and fish

Best part about being Primal: potential for fat loss and increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: feeling strung out from going cold turkey off sugar and carbs

music331 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Primal with food, but not yet with exercise/play

Do you consume dairy: still having cream with coffee - butter everyday - cheeses rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: To gain control of my health/lose weight

Favorite exercise: I walk daily - I haven't begun any other activities

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: control

Worst part about being Primal: as of yet, it is being unsure of the "rights and wrongs". (control)

DVC Daisy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Brand new here and need help :-)

The Questions:

Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want): 49 (shhhhh.....)

How Primal are you: Exploring the Lifestyle. Currently eat no added sugars or fruits except for occasional cheats of alcohol or an ice cream sundae :-) about 3-5 times a year. Also zero artificial sweeteners and zero grains. No starchy veggies, rice, potatoes, etc. Zero soda. Light on the veggies, don't like them.

Do you consume dairy: yes. Full fat cheese, heavy cream only. Except for my sundaes (only on vacations)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes & yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am at my whits end. I want to be healthy, lose about 20 more pounds (have lost 60 in the last 2 years) and be able to exercise and walk/run - emphasis on walk an occasional race.

Favorite exercise: walking with a bit of interval running

Favorite Primal food: no idea.

Best part about being Primal: have not started yet.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Thanks

Kaysy is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I should have looked on this thread first! I'm new to primal blueprint so am just getting to grips with it all- I posted an essay about myself elsewhere. I'm 25, enjoy running, drink tea and coffee and will eat dairy products. I'm hoping to shift 7lbs and just get myself healthy and energised.

Cronium is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Portage MI

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Working towards 100%

Do you consume dairy: Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick of being out of shape and tired all the time. I saw a lot of positive reviews of MDA and the primal/paleo way of life in social media outlets.

Favorite exercise: Right now, my morning walks are awesome. Really give me a boost for the day.

Favorite Primal food: I made an outrageously good ribeye slathered in butter last weekend. So far that one takes the cake.

Best part about being Primal: I have so much more energy than I did less than a month ago. I'm not hungry and stuffing my face all day every day.

Worst part about being Primal: Already getting some of the "BOO HISS" naysayers. "You're doing Atkins, calling it something else."

Casey is offline Member
    Your location: San Diego, CA

Age (If you want): Fitty Too

How Primal are you: Getting there. Started out just switching to high protein, no carbs, so now I'm on to grass fed beef & etc

Do you consume dairy: Barely any. Half & half in my coffee. Maybe some cheese on a burger.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, 1-1/2 cups (I leave the last half in the cup somewhere new every day, it's like an easter egg hunt to find it)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Menopause, and the havoc it wreaked on my entire system. I needed a reset button, and this looks like it's working.

Favorite exercise: Walking, always walking - I love it. For a treat I ride my beach cruiser.

Favorite Primal food: Sushi. Ack-shoo-lee, sashimi if we're gonna be all kee-rekt about it. Also grass fed beef, and tri tip.

Best part about being Primal: I've lost 22 pounds in a month. I sleep like a teenager (not a baby, they wake up every 3 hours) My mood, my energy, better than it's been in 10 years!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss crap food, but I feel so much better I don't think I'd eat it anymore...

Blue capris success.jpg
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse