Page 544 of 635 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 6345

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 544

Mariska is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi I'm Mariska - Bambam to my friends. I still am not sure why.
    I cut and pasted the questions.... so here I go.

Your location: USA part of the year. Anywhere else the other part of the year- usually Southern Hemisphere in the Northern H. winter.

Age (If you want): eh. I guess if I'm old enough to not want to put my age in, then you can probably guess.

How Primal are you: Mostly - I'd say 90% with some cheats in the weekends that never fail to make me feel like crap.

Do you consume dairy: Pasture fed cream and butter only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Copiously.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel better so it makes sense to me and my body

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swings, running, yoga

Favorite Primal food: NZ Pasture fed lamb and beef

Best part about being Primal: I feel great, and it gives my food obsession some focus.

Worst part about being Primal: French fries still exist for everyone else.

soulexporter is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,
    I tried to do this already, but it seems that the post failed due to some issues with my i-net, so here goes a next try

The Questions:

Your location:Czech Republic, but originally from Belgium

Age (If you want): born in 79

How Primal are you: Not extreme. Cut the grains and potatoes almost completely, took up MMA (what is more primal then grappling, throwing, kicks and hitting each other?), for me that is getting quite primal enough (coming from eating bread at least 2x/day and 10 years without almost any sports)

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started with wanting to loose weight, got overturned in just healthier living. Overall you could put it in this resume: I just want to be a better role model for my son

Favorite exercise: MMA (Although as a beginner I am getting beaten up a lot but the group is just great, and the warmup looks like it came straight from the PBF or WOW's menu)

Favorite Primal food: My primal chocolate mousse

Best part about being Primal: Never felt better (aside of the moment just after being beaten up at the MMA)

Worst part about being Primal:I guess that is for me that I am the lone primal in my social circles, hoping to find more people to commute with here in the neighborhood.

alexa is offline Junior Member
    Hi, my name is Alexa. I feel like I need to go the extra step to be healthier but I don't know were to start. I been eating paleo 90%, lifting weights , and moving slowly for 6 months. I feel very healthy and a lot stronger , but I had not able to lose any weight. Where should I start? what book should I read first? I been reading Marks postings and I find the information very valuable and I feel that Im already doing most of the things that he suggest. Thank you

The Questions:

Your location: Long Island Ny

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you:85%

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea:no

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthier and lose some weight

Favorite exercise: free weights in general

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: feel stronger

Worst part about being Primal: deciding what to eat at a friends house , specially when they serve pasta and lettuce for dinner

Lulumom is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm a 34 year old stay at home mom. Gave birth to my second child in February, and still unable to lose all of the weight. 214 right now (lost 4lbs so far in this first week), would be good to get back to pre-pregnancy weight of 180, but my ultimate goal is to get back to my wedding weight of about 160, or size 10.

Your location: Southern California -desert!!

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: just starting - as much as I can be. 85% or so?

Do you consume dairy: small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea occasionally but one cup of coffee daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss - I usually only lose 1lb or less per month, even when running & eating super healthy & clean. Recovering grains addict!

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: butter!!

Worst part about being Primal: My husband is not making the switch (yet), so it's hard to watch him sometimes.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulumom View Post
    Hi, I'm a 34 year old stay at home mom. Gave birth to my second child in February, and still unable to lose all of the weight. 214 right now (lost 4lbs so far in this first week), would be good to get back to pre-pregnancy weight of 180, but my ultimate goal is to get back to my wedding weight of about 160, or size 10.

Your location: Southern California -desert!!

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: just starting - as much as I can be. 85% or so?

Do you consume dairy: small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea occasionally but one cup of coffee daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss - I usually only lose 1lb or less per month, even when running & eating super healthy & clean. Recovering grains addict!

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: butter!!

Worst part about being Primal: My husband is not making the switch (yet), so it's hard to watch him sometimes.
    Welcome! I'm a 36 year old stay at home mom!...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

ezzirah is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

I am a 45 year old women who decided to begin making the switch to lose some weight and help support my hubby who has to follow a diabetic diet. I am just starting this morning! and so I am not very primal (Yet!) and I enjoy pilates due to my bum knees. My favorite primal food is salmon, and the best part of being primal I have not discovered yet.

The hardest/worst part for me? will be giving up sugar, cake, etc. I am a serious sugar addict. So this huge for me.

Thank you and I look forward to reading and posting with everyone!

PatrickUSF is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Honolulu, Hawaii.

Age (If you want): 47.

How Primal are you: I am perhaps 40% Primal, my own guesstimate. I want and need to change this immediately.

Do you consume dairy: The only dairy I enjoy are good cheeses and Fage 0% yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Exhausted with being unhealthy and to lose the fat that I allowed myself to put on. I simply want to look better naked (not for my ego but for my HEALTH).

Favorite exercise: Yoga, Spinning (I know it's bad), weights (need to learn how to do it better), and I love walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Lobster.

Best part about being Primal: excellent health.

Worst part about being Primal: the food costs for meats and fish.

justc is offline Junior Member

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading MDA for years. I'm looking forward to talking on-line and also hopefully finding off-line friends!

Your location: Eugene, OR

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Gluten grain-free, working on the rest, but I have some serious FODMAPs problems that I'm also figuring out so am finding it difficult.

Do you consume dairy: I love butter! Also heavy cream, some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope, but I love the smell of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health - I started out being able to eat less and less wheat products and then realized I felt much better without it all.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and walking; I used to love lifting weights, but haven't for quite some time.

Favorite Primal food: Give me meat! I do make an awesome 'cheat' waffle with almond flour and tapioca starch.

Best part about being Primal: Finding health and energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Being able to socialize out with friends and trying to find something to eat or drink.

ninjainshadows is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Georgia, USA

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: 80% (ya know, 80/20) :]

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but starting to consume less. (Butter is exempt from that statement!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee and unsweetened green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: More efficiency, more longevity, less stress

Favorite exercise: Pushups (I can do 100+)

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: less inflammation, less moody, less uncontented

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not always able to buy organic produce or pastured meat.

Bjblue2 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How primal: fairly new. Trying to be 80/20
    Dairy: yes. Cream, Greek yogurt, cheese
    Coffee: Yes
    Motivator: health, energy, weightloss
    Exercise: walking, chasing kids at my home run daycare, just starting some
    HIIT
    Favorite food: bacon wrapped meatloaf, coconut milk smoothie
    Best part of primal: improved digestion
    Worst part of primal: not much to complain about. Have a freezer of meat from local producers and belong to a garden co-op, only excuse for failure will be willpower