walking
    vegetables
    sounds healthy
    will miss pasta and bread

nuttynutter is offline Junior Member
    Your location: CT

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Been on and off about 60 - 90%

Do you consume dairy: On and Off - Fav food is milk. Trying hard to convert to home made almond milk instead. I don't eat other diary products however.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Though I have been primal on and off for a while now this book had the biggest impact - "The Immortality Edge: Realize the Secrets of Your Telomeres for a Longer, Healthier Life."

Favorite exercise: Running and cycling

Favorite Primal food: Have a new found love for fruits and coconut now oh and tree nuts.

Best part about being Primal: Higher energy levels and almost no lethargy

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, though it can be challenging to find non-GMO, no chemical additives and pesticides in food.
    Last edited by nuttynutter; 07-23-2013 at 12:04 PM.

mjgunter50 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Texas

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you:Just starting

Do you consume dairy:Not much

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:I feel better without all the grains

Favorite exercise:Running

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:Weight loss

Worst part about being Primal:Not sure yet

Skierdude is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Illinois temporarily, going back to CO ASAP

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Umm.... not perfect, but pretty primal when left to my own devices

Do you consume dairy: Yup, I love cottage cheese, and regular cheese, and all other kinds of cheese. But no milk/cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Put it this way.... there's a 99% chance I drank more coffee than you today. Black is this only way to go

Motivator for switching to Primal: Whelp, I discovered Ary Devany and MDA way back in like 2007. I was vain, 19 and entering college and thought it would be a good way to get ripped to get girls. haha.... sigh. Oh, the science and evolutionary logic behind primal also totally made sense to me too. Anyway, in college I was half-primal eating wise, but always worked out. I still drank my face off 3-4 nights a week but never gained weight (which I can attest to fasting) stayed super active and enjoyed life. (FYI: Fasting+Lots of Water+long walk = primal hangover cure) Since college, going full primal as always been in the back of my mind, b/c I've never quite had the body I wanted (again, I'm vain). However, the real motivation for me to go full primal as been because I work in Healthcare now. I'm not clinical, but I see and interact with lots of patients at a hospital. Everyday, it's the same: patients who are so sick, so obese, so frail, and just have a litany of health problems, 98% of which were completely preventable but they've been poisoning themselves for a lifetime. So sad and heartbreaking. Everyday it's a reminder: THIS COULD BE YOU, DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. Anyway, primal is awesome. I feel great everyday.

Favorite exercise: As my username suggests: Skiing! In the gym: Push Press

Favorite Primal food: The Incredible Edible Egg!

Best part about being Primal: I just feel awesome everyday

Worst part about being Primal: I still encounter the "oh, you're a low carbs freak" stigma quite a bit.... idiots

kylelemere is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Antonio, Texas

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 0%, I would say that I've uknowingly followed a somewhat Primal lifestyle from what I eat daily; however, I'm barely just not researching what it means to live a Primal lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'd like to live a healthier lifestyle and shed some pounds in the process.

Favorite exercise: I love swimming, however sprinting has become something that I do a lot during the week as well.

Favorite Primal food: I do love fruits.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know, still researching.

Worst part about being Primal:

ziok is offline Member

Greetings!

Your location: SE Texas

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Mostly, however I drink too much caffeine!

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, I tend towards Coffee more often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Slow but steady growing of allergic reaction symptoms with a climax of incredible stabbing abdominal pains. Ditching WHEAT, and knowing that Primal was the only change that made any sense from my own studying of it well before. Wheat allergy gave me an excuse to jump headfirst into it!

Favorite exercise: Sprinting!

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: Freedom from the ups and downs of SAD

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain myself to those that refuse to understand and see that simple and more natural is better and watching as others struggle day by day when there is a simpler change that would fix a myriad of problems... can you guess what it is?
    Last edited by ziok; 07-23-2013 at 09:44 PM.

LucilaEverman is offline Junior Member
    Hey there..a very warm welcome to you all..have a great time here and enjoy the stay here at MDA..i guess i will see more of you guys.

Ashleyuk is offline Junior Member
    HI! Im Ashley,
    Ive been working as a Health & nutritional coach for 6+ years. During which time ive battled with ED's of my own. Fought the good fight & came out stronger & healthier than I could have hoped for. My focus now is balancing hormones.
    Prior to Primal/traditional diet I was consuming a V low fat, LOW CAL, mod/high protein, cycling low to moderate carb lifestyle. Daily energy came from litres of Diet sodas.
    I was always hungry, underweight, undernourished with thin hair and lack of monthly cycle. I was NOT thriving.
    Im abit of an extremist by personalty type & I don't do things by halfs, im 100% paleo & have no desire to 'cheat'... I simply have no food I miss. Nonfat yogurt!?? No. I'll take coconut cream Thaaaaanx. )))

I am LOVING this blog & reading all the fantastic posts from you good people.

How Primal: 100%

Do I consume dairy: Rarely at current, concerned with dairy influencing my hormones.

coffee or tea: Coffee <3

Motivator for Primal: optimal health. Balance hormones.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, coconut cream

Best part about being Primal: Bacon & banana fried!

Worst part about primal: No negatives from me. Primal LOVE

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

:thumbup:

rbtemplet is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Louisiana, USA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: I'll say 80%

Do you consume dairy: sometimes (cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea daily; coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose weight and follow a meal plan that helps me avoid processed foods and sugars

Favorite exercise: Planks!! :-)) And walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: the way I feel...just feel all-around good!!

Worst part about being Primal: eating out...have not figured that out just yet!

Jillannw is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Nashville, Tennessee

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:Completely

Do you consume dairy: Yes, moderately and mostly aged cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: No....only because I am ultra sensitive to caffeine and had to break the addiction.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been diagnosed with liver disease and a gluten intolerance. Add to that many, many very unpleasant digestion issues. I have been in pain for years with sciatica, back pain, bursitis, plantar fasciitis among other things. I really need to lose weight, but at this point in my life, the weight loss is just a super-great side benefit to getting my body back in a healthy state.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, Yoga and Biking

Favorite Primal food: Anything on the grill and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE veggies!!

Best part about being Primal: After only one week, I feel better. I have considerably less pain already....quit all meds and have even noticed improvement in my skin.

Worst part about being Primal: None really except how anyone I mention it to either blows me off by mentioning Atkins (been there done that mentality) which is annoying. But that doesn't affect my determination.