Page 542 of 631 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 542

A-Bomb is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone :-)

My location: Perth, Western Australia (born and bred in Singapore)

How Primal are you: I've just finished reading the Primal Blueprint, and am about a chapter into the 21-Day Total Body Transformation as well. Ironically, I downloaded them on my iPad when I was first told to read them, which doesn't help the cause toward reducing my exposure to artificial light! Hahaha...

Do you consume dairy: Yes I do. I love butter and I have a weakness for blue cheese, especially Stilton.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink green tea or lemongrass and ginger tea everyday at my desk at work because I love the way they smell and taste, and I have the occasional Nespresso out the husband's coffee machine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago, and soon (and after about a million tests, including for thyroid function, cholesterol levels, fasting glucose, etc.) I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. It was devastating because, being fully aware of how awful my family's history of diabetes is (Granddad died from complications resulting from his Type I Diabetes and Mum, Dad and my sister all have Type II), I never drank sugary drinks, don't eat chocolate, eat lots of vegetables, meat and tons of seafood, and avoided sugar where possible because I was always brought up thinking too much sugar equals diabetes. The only plus? Finding out that my cholesterol levels (HDL, LDL, etc.) were, I quote, "phenomenal" and "fantastic" -- they reckon it's a result of my seafood-heavy diet. As a result of my insulin resistance, my endocrinologist and GP recommended I go on a low carb, low GI diet, which sounded horrific to me because I have been bred on a mostly Asian diet. We're talking noodles and rice at every meal (yes, we eat rice porridge for breakfast!) accompanied by dahl curries, tofu, tempeh, and the lot. But they never told me just how bad noodles and rice were, and instead recommended that I try basmati rice and mung bean noodles (glass noodles). Since going with their recommendations, I have lost 7kg but every time I ate rice especially, I got the worst migraines, sugar rushes, low energy levels, etc. You name it, I went through it. Then last month, my endocrinologist actually recommended the book to me after he picked it up off Amazon. Now I really understand how all the carbs and grain affect me, and I am hoping to turn things around for the better. I am here to prevent myself from become diabetic, to become healthier, and to reverse my PCOS so I can have children naturally one day.

Favorite exercise: Yoga, walking the dogs, dancing and swimming. Yes, I definitely need to up the ante on this one! My husband is running a half marathon in August and I am hoping I can convince him to sprint with me for fun!

Favorite Primal food: Roast pork belly with crunchy crackling -- there really is nothing yummier :-)

Best part about being Primal: I've only just begun but I'm already feeling more energetic, and I don't have to deal with the sugar rush and the accompanying lull afterwards... Oh and trying new recipes!

Worst part about being Primal: Going out with friends to Jamie's Italian and avoiding the pasta menu, dealing with people who think I'm on the Atkins Diet for a "quick fix", and eating curries without rice! I'm just being honest!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Yay perthite like me!!!

HuntsvilleChris is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Huntsville, AL

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: My plan is to be 95% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: To achieve optimal health before it's too late.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Beef!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Limited options when travelling with a group

Trip is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sofia, Bulgaria, the Balkans, Eastern Europe

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: No refined anything, may have to eat some legumes/potatoes/brown rice on rare occasions because of my girlfriend (I definitely don't intend it to be more often than once in a week/10 days, and small servings at that)

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, occasionally, the fattier kind - sheep, blue, yellow, that sort

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get in better physical and mental shape, mostly the latter, and to revisit my sporting days from about 10 years ago. I feel older than my age and that sucks.

Favorite exercise: as of now I have trouble motivating myself for any exercise, but otherwise soccer, walking, running (not the jogging kind)

Favorite Primal food: Well-prepared scrambled eggs, also pork

Best part about being Primal: Envisioning myself in a few months

Worst part about being Primal: My girlfriend doesn't completely understand it yet, also I'm afraid it won't work out and/or that I'll screw it up, since it's more than a minor change in lifestyle and/or my body will somehow "reject" it. Silly, I know, but still..

MKEPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Milwaukee, WI

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I'm very new at this, but I would say "very." There just seem to be lots of different opinions about what exactly "primal" is, so I don't know if the fact that I eat potatoes (both white and sweet) detracts much from my overall level of being primal.

Do you consume dairy: No. But that's just because I don't seem to have a taste for it right now. My ancestry is predominantly Welsh/Irish and I seem to be well adapted to eating dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea, but not coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am, at present, making significant changes in my life. I am significantly overweight and went from making about $60k a year before the 2008 crash to $10 an hour. I'm going back to college to get my BA in philosophy (so I can still make $10 an hour, but at least I'll understand why), and the idea of not only being the old guy in class, but also the really fat old guy in class is not appealing to me. I have recently lost 80 pounds doing a low fat diet for about a year, but felt lousy all the time. After seeing the documentary "The Perfect Human Diet" I couldn't find any flaws in the primal diet, so decided to give it a go. I have been eating primal for 3 days now and have lost 6 pounds.

Favorite exercise: Walking, which is also my favorite philosophical exercise. Nothing like spending a couple hours pretty much alone with your thought. That and my Hsing-I and Hung Gar style kung fu.

Favorite Primal food: Liver. That's been one of my favorite foods since I was a kid.

Best part about being Primal: I have so much more energy and my mood seems significantly improved.

Worst part about being Primal: I honestly can't think of one. Unless vegans just start bursting into tears whenever I enter a room.

A-Bomb is offline Junior Member

Hey HelenLouise!

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    Yay perthite like me!!!
    I take it there aren't many of us here? Yay for us :-)

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Bomb View Post
    I take it there aren't many of us here? Yay for us :-)
    No there doesn't seem to be. Lol

DOODA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire UK

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 90% plus. Am still finding my way but the diet is so good for me that I have embraced it hugely. Exercise, sleeping enough and playing still tricky to put into my schedule.

Do you consume dairy: I seem to tolerate it well, am going to try without in a few weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee, black tea and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Borderline diabetes, weight gain, depression and a general sense of disengagement from life

Favorite exercise: Swimming and Yoga on quiet days, weight training for 20 very hard minutes on heavier days.

Favorite Primal food: Beef stir fry with almond nut butter sauce

Best part about being Primal: Energy through the roof and depression gone. Clarity of thought!

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet - am not looking forward to the challenges of winter in the UK

byounghusband is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): Texas

How Primal are you: 75% - Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Haven't drank milk for 25 years, but I love cheese and eat sour cream and yogurt once in a while

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee almost every day and tea once in a while when I think about it

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being out of shape and I want to avoid the health issues that are looming in my future

Favorite exercise: Body weight exercises are what I am starting. Getting used to exercising again. Stay tuned..

Favorite Primal food: Hello..... I live in Texas, it's Beef!!

Best part about being Primal: I know I will be in MUCH better shape and at almost 50, no time like the present to start!!

Worst part about being Primal: Why didn't I start earlier!!

stellaewing is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Greenwich, CT
    Just finished reading the book, carb addict
    Yes
    Doctor's advice and convinced to try it from reading the book
    walking
    vegetables
    sounds healthy
    will miss pasta and bread