Page 541 of 601 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 6010

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 541

Twigs is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 33 (almost 34!)

How Primal are you: trying to be very primal

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea, roobios tea, herbal teas and water.

Motivator for switching to Primal:want to be healthy and, if possible, beat my auto-immune condition.

Favorite exercise: still learning to like this...!

Favorite Primal food: steak.

Best part about being Primal: discovering lots of lovely new healthy food.

Worst part about being Primal: having to remember to bring my own food to work.

p.s. does anyone know how I can add my profile photo? Thanks.

guacadoggie is offline Junior Member
    Hello folks! I've been on MDA almost every day for a few weeks. I'm new to the lifestyle, but so far, I'm really diggin' it!

Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Most of the way there: ditched grains, sugar and processed crap. Haven't quit legumes yet, though. My goal is to be completely primal by the time I finish Primal Blueprint (I just got it a week go and have about 50 pages left).

Do you consume dairy: Yes; raw milk after weight-training, Greek yogurt, and some cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee every morning (no sugar), and tea once or twice per week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: "Diseased" people around me who eat like crap, don't exercise, and make other poor lifestyle choices. Not that I'm so concerned with living for a long time, it's that I don't want the last years of my life to be agonizing.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swings, snatches, cleans & presses, and pull-ups. I'm working a regimented plan using only these exercises, along with practicing martial arts twice per week.

Favorite Primal food: Oven-roasted chicken from MDA's recipe section. Soooooooo good.

Best part about being Primal: I opened myself up to trying new foods. Before this, I would only eat a handful of different types of veggies, and I would only eat chicken, turkey, and some pork. Now that I'm eliminating much of my prior diet (grains and sugary treats), I feel that I should try new things, and that's pretty exciting! In just two weeks, I've tried fish, lamb, and duck.

Worst part about being Primal: My friends and family thinking I'm an elitist now because I won't eat their food.

Raeanne is offline Junior Member
    Ready to get primal! In brief, I have been in and out of exercise and diet programs many times. I competed in a bikini competition last year and had a blast. But the exercise regimen was extremely time consuming and wore my body down. As well as the diet towards the end. I felt depleted and deflated. I quickly bounced back to my normal weight, because I didn't know how to transition back effectively to a more normal diet/exercise approach. I have never been overweight, but lately I have been feeling less than great about my body and want to get it in check! I'm only 23 but I want to prepare my body for the rest of my life. Especially kids, being able to come back faster after having them and even teach them a healthy lifestyle! Looking to start Crossfit this week. Worried about the carb stance with being Primal. I depleted so much with the competition I trained for that I had the carb flu horrendously bad. I couldn't focus and my work was affected. So I may need to transition that very slowly, instead of cold turkey!

Excited to see what happens and meet all of the people that have taken the plunge into the Primal world!

The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: halfway there. Scarce processed foods (bagels, cheerios here and there, dont go to restaurants much maybe once a week if I'm lucky) Need to eat more veggies and less fruit!

Do you consume dairy: yes but not much, never have. Occasional cereal or glass of milk, cheese sprinkled on something I cook or frozen yogurt mmmm

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee everyday :/ only in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall healthy, its a not a non-gimmick quick fix approach, lifelong health

Favorite exercise: Oooo...well I love Yoga! If I had to break it down I would say running/stairmaster/cycle for cardio and arm workouts for lifting

Favorite Primal food: I love snacks, so the trail mix, nut, celery and cream cheese ideas are awesome

Best part about being Primal: Well if all of our accustomed food sources ever go away in some world-ending event, we will be prepared! Have to get back to your roots!

Worst part about being Primal: no grains.....I understand the concept and accept it but worried about my bodies reaction

The Goddess is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oakland/San Leandro, California

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Not very. I've been stuck in a SAD way of living for a while, but have recently made a few changes.

Do you consume dairy: No cow milk products (I'm allergic), but I do enjoy goat and sheep milk products

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: My main reason for looking into becoming Primal was to lose weight and get skinny fast. I still want to slim down a bit, but losing weight as soon as I possibly can is no longer my main goal. I want to lose the extra fat I'm carrying so that I'm living a healthier life in a healthy body!

Favorite exercise: Dancing, hooping/hoop dancing, yoga, kettlebell (just started using one, and I love it!)

Favorite Primal food: A giant yummy salad!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty for eating tasty food since it's healthy now..not having to spend hours working out everyday and feeling guilty if I don't..

Worst part about being Primal: Right now (as I'm just beginning) it's the battle to not eat every sweet in sight....I'm working on breaking a sugar addiction.

MrsBaeb is offline Junior Member
    Hey all, I'm Mrs Baeb

Your location: Green Bay, WI

How Primal are you: Mostly primal with occasional slip-ups. I have a soft spot for fast food.

Do you consume dairy: In small amounts. Whole milk (raw, if I can get it) for my coffee, some cheese in meals.

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above, lol. I love coffee from the depths of my soul. I CAN quit - I have in the past just to prove I can - but I don't like to go without. One mug a day and I'm set.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I tried a health "recalibration" from the book Foodist by Darya Pino Rose, which is essentially a paleo diet. In only two weeks the weight fell off me - I lost 8.5 pounds. I started researching the paleo diet but found I liked Mark's Daily Apple the best of all the websites. From there I got The Primal Blueprint and a 90-Day Primal Blueprint journal, and decided to join these forums.

Favorite exercise: I can't say that I exercise at the moment. With losing so much weight (if I'm not careful about my fat consumption) I'm tired often, but I plan to get into it hardcore when I'm closer to my "goal weight." Goal weight is flexible, as I don't want to trust wholeheartedly the CW of my "healthy weight range."

Favorite Primal food: A tie between bacon (big, thick, grassfed slices) and avocados/guacamole.

Best part about being Primal: How much my body loves it and how healthy I've started to look. People tell me I look amazing and I'm only 11.5 pounds down so far. CW tells me I have 60 pounds left to lose. :-/

Worst part about being Primal: Even with all the preparation in the world, this society does not allow primal living to be convenient.

Looking to start my own journal on these forums very soon. :-)

Nice to meet you all.

WelshGrok is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Wales, UK

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: About 75% & counting...OK 70% if I'm honest,but still counting!

Do you consume dairy: Yes - Butter, live yoghurt, Double cream (I think you call this heavy cream over the pond in the US) and the occasional Latte.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love coffee too much to give it up, but since I've cut right back, I treat myself to only high quality ethically sourced coffee. I'm British - of course I drink tea! - But mostly green these days and just occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did a review of a friend's Primal based detox/fat-loss plan for a members page I run for my local health & racket club. I was astounded at the results after just a week, did a second week and couldn't believe how much better I felt my friend told me about the Primal Blueprint book the rest is history!

Favorite exercise: I teach Kung-Fu, so I like the broad spectrum of exercises PB fitness promotes - Kickbag sprints are a killer!

Favorite Primal food: All of it! Trying lots of new stuff, so finding new favorites all the time, but I love the loss of guilt over red meat.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great physically & mentally. I've always been pretty fit but I'm now fitter, stronger & faster than I've ever been - my arthritic knee is improving too!

Worst part about being Primal: Gotta lay off my favourite vice - McVities Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (These are a British "cookie" a bit like a Graham cracker, chocolate coated on on side but way better) I'm trying to justify eating these as my entire 20% non primal! Lol

As we say in Welsh - Iechyd Dda! (Good Health!)

Grok on!

casswoman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Angeles

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Butter, and a little bit of goat's milk yogurt and kefir

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never touch coffee, but green tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have numerous food allergies and need to heal my gut -it's about 85% better, but I needed to tweak my diet a little more to heal. Allergic/intolerant to: wheat/gluten, corn, cow dairy, beef, peanuts, eggs, and soy. And my 4 month old spits up more if I have tomatoes, so I'm avoiding them right now, too.

Favorite exercise: Meh, exercise. I love rowing machines, but my gym doesn't have one. Walking is okay.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: I'm nursing, and was told in the hospital to eat 2800 calories a day, so I'm enjoying eating a very lush array of foods, AND I have lost 8 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks.

Worst part about being Primal: I've been testing various foods to see how my body responds to them, and I'm bummed that some old favorites cause reactions. I am hoping that I can eat eggs again in a few weeks (months?)

JonasWP is offline Junior Member
    New Grok-star signing in...

Your location: Denmark

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Well - I just decided yesterday to start being Primal, but in my mind Im all GROK!

Do you consume dairy: A bit of yoghurt for my vegetables.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm fat and I also always thought that the food that surrounds us today, is unhealthy for us..

Favorite exercise: Rowing

Favorite Primal food: MEAT! BACON!

Best part about being Primal: Just started...

Worst part about being Primal: Just started.. a bit nerveous about many things.

sunnymama is offline Junior Member
    I've been lurking/learning and following MDA on Facebook for a while-- this forum is so helpful. Today is my 41st day of Whole 30 and I've already experienced so many positive changes. I have a long way to go to optimal health but I feel like I'm on my way step by step. I love love love this lifestyle and have no plans to switch back. I have about 90 pounds to lose but have been keeping the focus on pictures every 30 days to check for change and am not weighing.

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I follow Whole 30.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Mostly drinking half coffee/half Crio Bru these days. I love green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hit my own rock bottom in terms of weight, looks, mental wellness low.

Favorite exercise: I am starting back exercising after a long hiatus of not at all. When I have exercised I've always enjoyed it.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs from pastured chickens. I eat a lot of them and cannot believe how good they are.

Best part about being Primal: Life is simpler, happier.

Worst part about being Primal: There is no worst for me.

candidar is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Fair Oaks, CA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Only goat and greek yogurt (if I could find goat greek yogurt I'd be stoked) and very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Host of health issues, and to lose some weight!

Favorite exercise: Zumba and weights

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel better

Worst part about being Primal: I am a fruit eater (10 servings a day sometimes) so cutting back on the fruit is hard