primalfan is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi,

Your location: Washington

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: to feel better, tired of being tired and achy, and kind of grumpy! And of course to lose weight that wouldn't budge after (6th) baby.

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: ribeye

Best part about being Primal: eating a good beef, guilt-free!

Worst part about being Primal: The whole world isn't primal yet! Going to people's houses and eateries where primal selections are non existant or not ideal.

Balthasar is offline Junior Member

Hello from Dallas, Texas

Your location: Just outside of Dallas, Texas.

How Primal are you: About 85% in terms of eating. It's hard to always buy/eat grass-fed meat and organic chicken. Also, I probably rely too much on what I call "seasoning from a box" (such as McCormick's taco seasoning), but other than those things, I do pretty well. My exercise, however, needs improvement. So does my sleep. I'm a natural night-owl, and I'm unable to sleep past 7 in the mornings.

Do you consume dairy: No. But don't read too much into that. I wasn't much of a dairy person before going primal. I have, however, cut out all cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee. I've also managed to cut out every other beverage

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and over-all health. When I turned 39 in April 2013, I knew I didn't want to turn 40 looking and feeling the same way. I read somewhere that a person's health in their 40s largely determines the quality of their life in their 50s, 60s, and 70s. Don't know how true that statement is, but from what I've observed of the people around me, it seems true.

Favorite exercise: Exercise is where I really fail. It's a habit I've not yet acquired. However, I have started the 00 pushup challenge (one hundred push ups - welcome) and enjoy it very much.

Favorite Primal food: All of it, so far. But I've really come to love spinach and raw peppers.

Best part about being Primal: How I feel. Lots of energy, my mood has improved.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza.

soulexporter is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Czech Republic, Znojmo

Age (If you want):33 at this moment

How Primal are you: Trying to get as primal as possible, with the threshold of being the only one in his social circle

Do you consume dairy:Not in abundance

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea and some fresh grounded coffee once in a while

Motivator for switching to Primal: was getting close to 90 kg, then I realized something was not good

Favorite exercise:Took up MMA as 'Game', never plan to join a real competition, feel physically exhausted after a training, but gives me really a mental (primal) boost

Favorite Primal food: chocolate > 70% cacao

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight while having fun instead of gaining getting bored with shit exercises

Worst part about being Primal: My wife not agreeing the benefits(except for the not eating sugar part) thus I end up cooking double meals, one for me, one for the rest of the family.

aaronjab is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Maryland/DC Corridor

Age (If you want): 34 and a half.

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. Always fine tuning, though.

Do you consume dairy: Just made the decision to cut it out. Unless we're talking about an amazing piece of aged, hard cheese. Is that what we're talking about?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was skinny-fat, weak and watched a good majority of my family succumb to diabetes. Does anyone really need a motivator?

Favorite exercise: I do a modified StrongLifts 5x5. Thinking of switching to Starting Strength for the Power Cleans. (I lift, bro.)

Favorite Primal food: Never met one I didn't like.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great.

Worst part about being Primal: Avoiding beer. We had such a great relationship before the breakup. <sniff sniff>

LittleHobbit is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, and new to the primal diet although I have been happily eating low carb for 2 years (and doing super fine) before cancer hit me bad. I stopped moving (had to at some times) and started pigging out on any foods I wanted cause I didnt care anymore.
    Now that I really beat it all I want to find back into better eating and here I am.
    I weigh roughly 80 pounds more than before I got sick, but what ist most crappy is just not being fit again.

Since I had no problems with low carb I expect the primal diet to be back into "happy foods". no more "sad eating" :-)

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: do not know yet ^^

Do you consume dairy: yes, good dairy. Cant go without it (yet ;-) )

Do you drink coffee or tea: none

Motivator for switching to Primal: better health, more satisfying food

Favorite exercise: dance dance revolution on the wii ^^

Favorite Primal food: chicken breast, tuna and avocado :-)

Best part about being Primal: feeling back on track again

Worst part about being Primal: we will see. As I lived low carb social events were the worst part. Not the temptation - didnt have a lot - but the "having to explain" part and all the "good advice" others felt obligated to give....

MattA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: starting out

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: for long term health

Favorite exercise: weightlifting

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: time will tell...

tDog is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Only started 1.5 weeks ago

Do you consume dairy: Yes, no intentions on giving it up (yet)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - coffee with whole milk, tea black

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat loss, strength & fitness gain

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking, kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: Don't know - too much good choice

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing too bad yet, but think social eating may become difficult

allows is offline Junior Member

primal level : I'm primal 5/7 days (no grains , dairy , beans , refined food ...)
    I have one cheat day every week (but I'm still watching what I eat )
    I fast one day each week ( mostly on sunday because the shop are closed so that doesn't bother me )
    I fast each day for about 20 hours ( intermittent fasting) with a 4 hour eating window.

do you consume dairy : I use butter to improve the taste of my meals thats all.

do you drink coffee or tea : no I try to avoid all beverages with caffein.

Motivator for switching to primal : I want to improve my life and my productivity , I also want to live a long and fit life .

favorite exercice : I like to walk because when I walk I can think about my problems and then improve myself.

favorite primal food : well I love egg + bacon and I used to eat that everyday , but now I try to eat leaner meat and I also heard that bacon was highly refined so...

best part about being Primal: better productivity , being aware of good and bad food , better mood.

worst part about being primal : I don't know... I like being primal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want to share experiences with me , I'm always open.

oh and... don't be rude with me if I make mistakes in english because I still have to do a lot of progress.

Jacklinsmith is offline Junior Member
    Rainforest Formulas has a mission to let the world know that herbs are timeless and that the shamans of the Amazon gave something truly amazing to the world.

daem1313 is offline Junior Member

...daem1313

Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 38 Beginning weight about 160, 30 lbs over weight

How Primal are you: trying to be close to 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, iced tea...and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight, diabetes type 2, want to be a better role model for my students, want to feel better about myself

Favorite exercise: elliptical (I can read during), walking around Disneyland or DCA

Favorite Primal food: many...asparagus, green onion, bell peppers, meat, fish, etc.

Best part about being Primal: I have an excuse to eat very well...

Worst part about being Primal: time management...

Last time I lost weight, about 20 lbs, I did so by working out for an hour every other day, eating only 1400 calories, and going to be hungry every night.

This is day 8 of going primal. I don't go to be hungry and although my food is not spectacular, I very much enjoy what I eat. My doctor thinks I seem different, more positive about my health, and others around me tell me I seem more upbeat.

I have worn Vibram Fivefinger shoes for almost two years; wear them about 60% of the time, corrected foot pain I was having.

My hope is that I become more active, have more energy, lose weight, become healthier.
    I enjoy my reading, tv and movies and don't want to give them up.